Taco Charlton: 'I'm stronger, faster, more knowledgeable now'

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I can understand why Taco feels compelled to toot his own horn, considering the premature dissing he got here and most likely, everywhere else.

I'll be hoping he's successful in his attempt to disprove a rough NFL introduction by a flock of individuals who couldn't wait to label him as a bust.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I can understand why Taco feels compelled to toot his own horn, considering the premature dissing he got here and most likely, everywhere else.

I'll be hoping he's successful in his attempt to disprove a rough NFL introduction by too many individuals who couldn't wait to label him as a bust.

To me I want guys to have higher expectation from themselves. Sure he puts himself on the line as any player does when they show confidence in their ability to the media. I think most of these players understand that fans and media are going to say whatever they choose so why concern yourself with what they have to say? He knows what he expects from himself and I'm sure it is higher than what fans expect.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
To me I want guys to have higher expectation from themselves. Sure he puts himself on the line as any player does when they show confidence in their ability to the media. I think most of these players understand that fans and media are going to say whatever they choose so why concern yourself with what they have to say? He knows what he expects from himself and I'm sure it is higher than what fans expect.

I just happen to believe it behooves every individual fan to wait until rookies have a sufficient amount of time to prove themselves. It's called being fair. Sometimes fans tend to expect too much from a green rookie. I would only hope they don't see fit to do the same thing with Connor Williams.

Last edited:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I just happen to believe it behooves every individual fan to wait until rookies have a sufficient amount of time to prove themselves. It's called being fair. Sometimes fans tend to expect too much from a green rookie. I would only hope they don't see fit to do the same with Connor Williams.

Yes that is good advice for fans, for players again I think many put high expectation on themselves and I think a player should put lofty goals in front of themselves and work hard to achieve those goals. My view of Charlton is I think he has the physical talent to be a very good player but it comes down to his own work ethic and self motivation.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
He reminds me of Chandler Jones as far as body type. I hope he can give us at least 6 sacks in 2018.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Demarcus Lawrence coming off a DMVP quality year.
An improved second year Taco Charlton.
A reinstated Randy Gregory.
A full year of David Irving, hopefully.
A nice situational rusher in Kony Ealy.
The more than solid Maliek Collins.
Lots of camp buzz about Jihad Ward.
A rookie with upside in Dorrance Armstrong.
A finally healthy Charles Tapper.
The steady Tyrone Crawford.

I am really liking our d line. Could be deadly.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

I would say if only half of what you posted comes about it would be a big improvement for the DL

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Yes that is good advice for fans, for players again I think many put high expectation on themselves and I think a player should put lofty goals in front of themselves and work hard to achieve those goals. My view of Charlton is I think he has the physical talent to be a very good player but it comes down to his own work ethic and self motivation.

I have no justifiable cause to discredit or doubt his work ethic nor his motivation. He's the only one who knows what's in his mind and his intentions. I'm reasonably confident that, like most rookies, his motivations were fully intact although his development wasn't as yet. We'll see if his work ethic and his motivation is sufficient in time. First year DEs are very seldom successful. For fans to expect first year success of a rookie DE simply isn't realistic.

Last edited:

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score

DO NOT JINX US LOL!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I have no justifiable cause to discredit his work ethic nor his motivation. He's the only one who knows what's in his mind and his intentions. I'm reasonably confident that, like most rookies, his motivations were fully intact although his development wasn't as yet. We'll see if his work ethic and his motivation is sufficient in time. First year DEs are very seldom successful. For fans to expect first year success of a rookie DE isn't realistic.

No doubt many of these guys find out quick that it takes more than speed or strength at this level.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Expect much from Taco Charlton in 2018, but know he's already beat you to the punch.

"You’re a first-round pick for the Dallas Cowboys, so expectations are going to be high," said the second-year pass rusher following the conclusion of OTAs, via Drew Davison of Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "But it was more so I just had expectations for myself, and it started off slower than what I wanted. At the end, I started seeing the strides and seeing all the practice hours and how hard I was working starting to pay off.

"Going into Year 2, I’m stronger. I can hold my weight more. I’m faster. I’m more knowledgeable about the game, studying more moves and working a lot more moves.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...onger-faster-more-knowledgeable-now-118990805
definitely going to have to wait to see him on the field before I say, "yeah, he looks good!" Not buying his talk or any talk of Rico or the receivers until gameday.

starfan1

Reaction score
A always injured Charles Tapper.

FIFY