Taco Charlton: 'I'm stronger, faster, more knowledgeable now'

Blackspider214

Reaction score
He had a solid year for a rookie. Especially a guy that's rotating.

What held him back was strength.

If he gets that squared away then he can be a very good player for us I think.

You and me have a different definition of 'solid'. He was far from solid. For most of the year, you didn't even realize he played for us.

GMO415

Reaction score
Super Taco
27a7621cc9c1d0e6dc8e717702083276-taco8.gif

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
That guy has a storefront a few miles from my house. He's got another pepper that's twice as hot that'll be released if anybody breaks the Carolina Reaper's record.

At that point, you may as well just save some time and sit on a red hot poker.
I grow trinidad scorpions and ya really can't tell which one is hotter when you bite them 1 of my peppers sent a big guy at work home

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Expect much from Taco Charlton in 2018, but know he's already beat you to the punch.

"You’re a first-round pick for the Dallas Cowboys, so expectations are going to be high," said the second-year pass rusher following the conclusion of OTAs, via Drew Davison of Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "But it was more so I just had expectations for myself, and it started off slower than what I wanted. At the end, I started seeing the strides and seeing all the practice hours and how hard I was working starting to pay off.

"Going into Year 2, I’m stronger. I can hold my weight more. I’m faster. I’m more knowledgeable about the game, studying more moves and working a lot more moves.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...onger-faster-more-knowledgeable-now-118990805

This was the laughable part for me with Taco last year. People thinking he was going to solve our pass rush issues. Simply doenst happen with first year DE's. And we really didnt see much in the way of flashes either.

But I will give this kid a clean slate this year. If this kid has any stones to be a great player we will need to see plenty of it this year. Im not saying he has to make the pro bowl, but it should be obvious after this season.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He had a solid year for a rookie. Especially a guy that's rotating.

What held him back was strength.

If he gets that squared away then he can be a very good player for us I think.

Stop it. He had about as ho hum a year as a DE could have. But that means little in the overall scheme of things. THIS is the big year for him.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Stop it. He had about as ho hum a year as a DE could have. But that means little in the overall scheme of things. THIS is the big year for him.

A ho hum rookie year is the standard.. Even this year isn’t make or break.

Look at Lawrence. He’s regarded as one of the best in the league and it took forever for the light to come on.

It’s typical for D Ends to take awhile.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
A ho hum rookie year is the standard.. Even this year isn’t make or break.

Look at Lawrence. He’s regarded as one of the best in the league and it took forever for the light to come on.

It’s typical for D Ends to take awhile.
Yep that’s why it was laughable last year when some would claim he was going to improve our pass rush.

And Lawrence is the exception, not the rule. I’ve never seen a guy bust out like that in year 4 after not doing a heck of a lot the first 3 years.

Rayman70

Reaction score
It's hard for these kids coming out of college playing against 18 - 22 year olds to automatically jump up and play against 23-33 year old men.
Give the kid a chance to become a man himself and then evaluate him.
YOUR RIGHT..BUT THIS IS A WIN NOW OR YOUR GONE LEAGUE. I hate that..but that's the way it is. Back in the 70's and 80's..you could draft a kid and give them plenty of time to develop. Case and point is Randy White. He didn't exactly light it up as a rookie. He was playing linebacker and many thought he was a bust...UNTIL they moved him to DT..the rest is history. I think it took him 2-3 years before he really turned into a stud. Look at Danny White..he rode the bench for several years before earning the starting QB role after Roger retired. Danny actually was MUCH better than he gets credit for. That's because we stashed him behind a legend for like 4 years before he got his shot. HE DEVELOPED gradually with the help of Landry and Roger. A team could afford to wait on a player back then..now you can't. That's why we have a league that's falling down the tubes. Fans want to be loyal and follow the same player and team for years...like the older days of the NFL. Now its musical chairs with all the player movement. Fans lose interest as a result. I'm hoping we can allow Taco 3 years to become what we all think he can.