RELEASED Taco Charlton - Officially Released

Cannibal_Cowboy

Reaction score
Maybe this could serve as a lesson to the staff that they shouldn't try to get away with drafting for need, instead of proven ability. They took a gambler's chance on him and lost. All that shines is not gold -- sometimes that's strictly for fools! I'll bet someone picks him up, knowing there's little to lose. :oops:
Seeing that they just drafted an even more over rated bum in T. Hill, I would say they aren't going to be learning any lessons in defensive line drafting anytime soon.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What a damn waste of a pick - the problem with all of this is half the board could see this coming the second we drafted the bum.

That doesn't bother me because no team gets it right every time, so all you can judge on is the overall effectiveness of the team's drafts, which have been pretty good for Dallas in recent years. In the same draft Solomon Thomas and Charles Harris were also pass rushers that have failed in the NFL, and both were drafted higher than Taco (much higher for Thomas). Harris would probably be on the verge of getting cut himself if he weren't on such a bad team.

Besides, half the board also felt that way about Travis Frederick, so the board isn't necessarily the best barometer.

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Half or more of this board was screaming for Watt over Taco. For all the credit McClay gets, hard to believe he screwed that one up.

Then again.....
WYSLK655QBVI2SZ6ZQT64RLAWY.jpg
It's hard to scout heart. I've seen a 110 WM force march with a rifle and 60 lb pack 25 miles while 17 males dropped out. Heart.

jnday

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys probably know a little bit more about the situation than you do. And they've given him 3 years worth of chances where have you been :facepalm:
I have said that I don’t know the whole situation and neither do you. You are so ticked off by my dislike of of Dak that you had to make a contemptuous post stating same thing that I had posted. Yes, we agree on the topic , but I know you think that is impossible because your Dak-living feelings are hurt.

1LoyalCowboyFan

Reaction score
What a damn waste of a pick - the problem with all of this is half the board could see this coming the second we drafted the bum.

I’ll admit I did not. I really wanted him to succeed. I was a fool to think in January he’d make the leap this year. But I also thought getting TJ would be better. It stings after a phenomenal run. I’ll get over it.