RELEASED Taco Charlton - Officially Released

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
tenor.gif

What we should tell Marinelli aka Mr. 0-16

source.gif

DEA_dad

Reaction score
I was for the pick at the time...and argued with some about him.
6'6...played his best in the biggest games.
boy was I wrong.
I couldn't have gotten a pick wronger.
No one is perfect, wouldn’t beat yourself up over it, just go grab a burrito

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What we should tell Marinelli aka Mr. 0-16

source.gif

The same people that defended Monte Kiffin when he was here.

Minimizing this draft miss.

The same people who defended Linehan, right until he was fired.

The same people defend Marinelli now.

Those that feel compelled to defend and make excuses for their favorite team for every mistake they make.

It's embarrassing.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Taco is not Charles Haley.
He’s been a malcontent. Apparently his attitude, work ethic, and coach-ability did not fit in here. You can’t keep coddling a guy like that, regardless of talent. Cutting your mistakes, even first rounders, and focusing only on production and work is why we have so much success with UDFA’s. Guys know that it’s not just lip service in Dallas, that the best players and hardest workers win out and draft status means nothing after camp opens. I hate that he didn’t work out. I am curious what he’s all about since we never had a hint of these issues from college that I’ve heard. And....I’m thrilled that we dumped him because I love the message to the other guys working their tails off.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Taco is not Charles Haley.
He’s been a malcontent. Apparently his attitude, work ethic, and coach-ability did not fit in here. You can’t keep coddling a guy like that, regardless of talent. Cutting your mistakes, even first rounders, and focusing only on production and work is why we have so much success with UDFA’s. Guys know that it’s not just lip service in Dallas, that the best players and hardest workers win out and draft status means nothing after camp opens. I hate that he didn’t work out. I am curious what he’s all about since we never had a hint of these issues from college that I’ve heard. And....I’m thrilled that we dumped him because I love the message to the other guys working their tails off.

TiredNauticalBlobfish-size_restricted.gif

Silverz1972

Reaction score
So does that make him a street taco now?

They could have at least released him yesterday so there could have been a taco Tuesday headline for the release.

CWR

Reaction score
I was for the pick at the time...and argued with some about him.
6'6...played his best in the biggest games.
boy was I wrong.
I couldn't have gotten a pick wronger.

I was also in the camp that said calm down, lets give him a chance to develop before we rue the day. Turns out the ruers were right. My bad guys. You was right and I was wrong. ‍

acer941

Reaction score
They tried for 5 months. Nobody wanted him at any price.

I think they had offers early on, just that the offers were not to the Cowboys standard or liking. Then as time went on the Offer’s dropped instead of increased and eventually teams got a look at him in Pre-Season and heard rumors of him acting up at Camp.

Leading to eventually teams pulling back all offers, since word on the street was that he would eventually be Released.

He won’t be a Free Agent longer than 24HR’s, Guarantee it.

The Vikings, Buccaneers or Bengals will sign him...

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I was also in the camp that said calm down, lets give him a chance to develop before we rue the day. Turns out the ruers were right. My bad guys. You was right and I was wrong. ‍
Class my Cowboy brother I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong. I was right there with you. No way I thought they would release him without getting something in return