RELEASED Taco Charlton - Officially Released

JBond

Reaction score
Seeing that they just drafted an even more over rated bum in T. Hill, I would say they aren't going to be learning any lessons in defensive line drafting anytime soon.
Lawrence, our LB's and the majority of our secondary would disagree.
Fyi... they are not going to hit on every pick.

JBond

Reaction score
Dam, only 4 out of 9 still on the team...………….and its only 2 years later.

When over 50% of your draft class is not on the team just 2 years later...….that is an EPIC FAIL, grade F draft.....cant sugar coat that.
2 of the 3 first picks are starting and the 5th is seeing significant playing time. The draft is not an exact science and the last 4 years the Cowboys have done it as well as anyone.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
Obviously Felix and Carpenter were misses too. However Felix at least put up some yards and had some good games. Bobby Carpenter at least hung around 4 years as a reserve. Shante Carver, Ekuban, and Lafluer are up there too. What do almost all have in common? They were drafted as big needs.
And measurables. That was the main problem, drafting guys who looked good on paper to fil a hole in the roster.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I think Taco sealed his fate when he started tweeting negative stuff about Jerry and Stephen Jones. I dont know what was said but heard Bayless mention that on one of the sports talk shows.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They tried trading him , but Taco had no suitors ... :facepalm:

not even a 4th round pick ?! geez ...

Not even a 7th round pick!

And it's clear that the team tried to showcase him during the preseason and held out for as long as they could in an effort to get anything in a trade.

And they couldn't.

That's how utter and complete of a bust this player and pick truly are. Even a guy like Carpenter managed to bring something back in a trade.

The Cowboys couldn't even get a spare for Taco Charlton.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Marinelli did as well. They were high on Taco when he came out. But hey, Marinelli has had a long illustrious history of building mediocre defensive lines.

Yeah, just jump in the Delorean and go back to 2001!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bad pick yeah but we’ve drafted very well over the past couple years. Can’t hit on every pick unfortunately.

Can't MISS this badly on any first round pick. This franchise hasn't had a Miss this complete in 37 years. Record-setting mistake.

What makes it that much worse is that TJ Watt was there staring them in the face. If they had made the right choice they wouldn't need to worry about Randy Gregory's suspensions, wasting time with Crawford playing RDE, or having to trade for Robert Quinn and hoping he's the answer. They would already have it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A first round pick getting released after just 2 seasons...………………..dam, that might be some sort of record. Has that ever happened here before?

Bobby Carpenter played 4 seasons, so yeah, I think Taco now replaces him as the biggest draft bust in recent history.

You have to go back 37 years for failure like this, Rod Hill in 1982.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most of this board hated the pick to be honest, I would say over 90% wanted Watts little brother.

That is what is so hilarious when a certain group of fan boy posters on here always say "the organization knows better than you keyboard warriors". When that happens again, I will just post a pic of Taco.:laugh:

Same here. Some fans feel the need to check their brain at the door and mindlessly go along with anything this team does.

While some of us are actually capable of thinking for ourselves. And knowing a bum when we see one.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dam, only 4 out of 9 still on the team...………….and its only 2 years later.

When over 50% of your draft class is not on the team just 2 years later...….that is an EPIC FAIL, grade F draft.....cant sugar coat that.

Right now, it's not even 4. Noah Brown isn't even on the 53 at this point and there's no guarantees that he will be when he comes off of PUP. Nor that he even SHOULD be.

But I was assured we've been killing it in the draft, just killing it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lawrence, our LB's and the majority of our secondary would disagree.
Fyi... they are not going to hit on every pick.

Are they going to set new records for busts like this one? There's a difference between a miss, and this.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2 of the 3 first picks are starting and the 5th is seeing significant playing time. The draft is not an exact science and the last 4 years the Cowboys have done it as well as anyone.

Waaahhh! Stop picking on my Cowboys!

WellinformedAllCaiman-size_restricted.gif

JBond

Reaction score
Are they going to set new records for busts like this one? There's a difference between a miss, and this.
Stash... you have a bit of tunnel vision going on. New record? Hardly. You must have forgotten the infamous backup class. One of those guys killed people. All but one were gone in three seasons. The point is the Cowboys drafting has dramatically improved the last few years.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stash... you have a bit of tunnel vision going on. New record? Hardly. You must have forgotten the infamous backup class. One of those guys killed people. All but one were gone in three seasons. The point is the Cowboys drafting has dramatically improved the last few years.

No I don't. Do the homework. I have.

Taco is the biggest Cowboys draft bust in 37 years, going back to Rod Hill in 1982.

The 'backup draft' didn't include a 1st round pick to screw up like this one.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
No I don't. Do the homework. I have.

Taco is the biggest Cowboys draft bust in 37 years, going back to Rod Hill in 1982.

The 'backup draft' didn't include a 1st round pick to screw up like this one.
I would mention Shante Carver, but even he had more than 10 sacks and contributed to a Super Bowl win.

*shrug*