Taco has matched his Cowboys sack total in only 5 games w/ MIA

HungryLion

Reaction score
I guess cooper was better in Oakland huh ?? Ever think it’s maybe the player and the situation?

Cooper was a really really good player in Oakland. He has always been a good player. He just has a better QB throwing him the ball now.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
What's perplexing is that apparently they knew in the preseason that Crawford's hip issues was going to be a season long thing. Knowing this I have no clue why they didn't just swallow their pride and keep Taco as insurance.

They also probably knew the likelihood of Gregory playing this season wasn’t very good. Taco has more sacks than the troublemaker we just traded for.

Zordon

Reaction score
They also probably knew the likelihood of Gregory playing this season wasn’t very good. Taco has more sacks than the troublemaker we just traded for.
If there was even an inkling that Gregory could play this year Jerry would have been teasing it in every interview. Their silence on him speaks volumes.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If there was even an inkling that Gregory could play this year Jerry would have been teasing it in every interview. Their silence on him speaks volumes.

Agree!

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
What's odd about the whole ordeal, is that they didn't just trade Taco for Quinn to begin with (player for player). I guess they thought they could deal Taco later for a higher pick?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Did you read my post? I said it was unacceptable to let him go for free l.

I have not/will not reference any names. It's a general observation, so no I didn't your post. Just remember reading a ton of threads/post calling for his release.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He may very well go down as worst FO screw up of a 1st round pick since Bobby Carpenter and when you consider the Mo Clairborne pick, that's saying something. Hell, at least they gave Mo time and tried to work with him. Taco signed his rookie deal with the Cowboys on May 11, 2017. Here we are TWO years later watch him produce for another team.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
His not being on this team was 100% about some coach being butt hurt adn you'll never change my mind. After his showing in preseason it made absolutely no sense. A lot of the personnel luster this team built has drafting well, has eroded.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Watch us trade back for him. Only Garrett could cut a player, realize his mistake, and then trade a draft pick to get him back lulz. Wouldn’t surprise me.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I've always liked Taco. When he was first drafted I used to tell the guys on DC.com, "He is a solid player. Fill your defense up with solid players and you'll have a solid defense." So for the record I never wanted him gone. I'm a fan of taller frames and longer arms and combined wingspan. I always wanted Taco to start at LDE.

pansophy

Reaction score
Other words, the talent is/was still there but he became uncoachable/manageable for our coaches........
Are you implying that doesn't happen anywhere else? We are getting Bennett on the heels of being suspended for behavior detrimental to the team, and that's the almighty Belichick.