Twitter: Taco tweet about pash rush

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Will he finally show up in year 3 like dlaw did?

Lawrence was injured most of his first year, but made a splash in the playoffs with sacks in both of our games. He then found his stride (after being moved from one side to the other) by racking up eight sacks over the final eight games. We've seen very little to indicate that Taco can become another Lawrence.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Lawrence was injured most of his first year, but made a splash in the playoffs with sacks in both of our games. He then found his stride (after being moved from one side to the other) by racking up eight sacks over the final eight games. We've seen very little to indicate that Taco can become another Lawrence.

Pretty sure Lawrence showed his potential in year 2, Injured year 3 , blew up in year 4 and last year with a missed up shoulder still was a top 10 defensive end. Taco can still turn it around, just don’t like his attitude, wouldn’t mind trading him on draft day

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Pretty sure Lawrence showed his potential in year 2, Injured year 3 , blew up in year 4 and last year with a missed up shoulder still was a top 10 defensive end. Taco can still turn it around, just don’t like his attitude, wouldn’t mind trading him on draft day

Yes, Year 2 showed what he could be. Then he had the suspension and injury and fans here were blowing him off. I was predicting a breakout year for him if he could stay healthy because of his fantastic end to Year 2.

aria

Reaction score
Taco has been decent. Especially when Randy Gregory is taking away all of his money down snaps.

IT's the position. Instant impact guys at D End are rare.

He may very well be the bust that everyone is projecting but 90% of this board hated Demarcus Lawrence at one point too and thought he was a jag. It took him 4 or 5 years to start playing to his potential and he and Taco got picked in the same area. LAte first early 2nd.
And now a lot of people don’t think Lawrence is worth it, so how many good years out of him did we get? 2? As I said, unless Taco comes along big time this year, then he’s a bust for where he was picked IMO.

If DE’s take that long to develop, then why bother even drafting them that high unless you know they will be good their first year or two? Take a position that doesn’t take as long to develop and pick up a proven DE in free agency instead of hoping the DE you drafted will start producing a year before you have to pay him like an elite DE anyways.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I like his attitude. Dlaw was a first round pick and Gregory was a first round talent. I like his frame more than dlaw and Gregory, and I think if he developed his moves he will be good.

if taco would have made the field more, then the complaints would have been why the other first round picks were wasted picks.

Be happy that we had three first round drafted talents competing for playing time at one position. We had that for a year, and will most likely never have it again.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
And now a lot of people don’t think Lawrence is worth it, so how many good years out of him did we get? 2? As I said, unless Taco comes along big time this year, then he’s a bust for where he was picked IMO.

If DE’s take that long to develop, then why bother even drafting them that high unless you know they will be good their first year or two? Take a position that doesn’t take as long to develop and pick up a proven DE in free agency instead of hoping the DE you drafted will start producing a year before you have to pay him like an elite DE anyways.

Because DE, LT, and QB are the most premium position in the NFL and you’ll invest years or even money just to get a solid guy.

Flamma

Reaction score

If he does come along next year, let's hope he doesn't make too big of a splash. Don't get me wrong, I want to see him play well, but he's up for an extension next season. Let this Taco warm up a little longer, pay him, then he can turn into a monster.

condoin125

Reaction score
I don't quite understand why everyone is calling him an idiot or a problem because of this tweet....cuz he was defending himself against fans who know nothing about the game? Yes, we would hope he would just ignore the noise, but that alone is enough for you guys to call him a problem? I am by no means defending his play because it has been nothing special thus far but do keep in mind that Gregory came back last year and took up a lot of his development time. And yes, it definitely is too early to call him a bust because if he turns it on in year 3 and keeps it up in year four then we're definitely taking the 5th year option on him and that completely makes the first two years worth it. Does anyone remember the amount of time it took for Brandon Graham to develop for the eagles? Would you call that first round pick a bust?

That being said, I don't expect Taco to turn it around. He just seems very slow to me off the line in a day where passing attacks are much quicker. I'm open to him proving me wrong though.

condoin125

Reaction score
If he does come along next year, let's hope he doesn't make too big of a splash. Don't get me wrong, I want to see him play well, but he's up for an extension next season. Let this Taco warm up a little longer, pay him, then he can turn into a monster.
2019 will be year 3 for him....even if he comes and tears it up, there is NO WAY he'll have leverage to demand an extension after the way his first two years went. He'll definitely have to show it again in year four before we can even talk about an extension. And the great thing is, even if we can't work something out with him after year four, he'd still have to play on the 5th and last year of his deal or we can trade him right before that and get something out of it.

Flamma

Reaction score
2019 will be year 3 for him....even if he comes and tears it up, there is NO WAY he'll have leverage to demand an extension after the way his first two years went. He'll definitely have to show it again in year four before we can even talk about an extension. And the great thing is, even if we can't work something out with him after year four, he'd still have to play on the 5th and last year of his deal or we can trade him right before that and get something out of it.

You know what, I forgot about the 5th year option. So you're pretty much spot on here. Nothing for me to add. Shut down just like that.

glimmerman

Reaction score
You know what, I forgot about the 5th year option. So you're pretty much spot on here. Nothing for me to add. Shut down just like that.
Something tells me we won’t be picking up his 5th year option.

condoin125

Reaction score
It's good for us to both acknowledge that the scenario I outlined is what a competent organization will do....who knows what the Jones boys will come up with.