Twitter: Taco wants to be free **merged**

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I go where Taco goes. This team becomes completely unlikable without him.
I get where he is coming from. He just wants to play and he's not being given that opportunity. The preseason he had suggested he was ready to finally be a contributor to this team but then he was inactive the first two games. His frustration is understandable and I would lash out too if my employer was messing with my career like that. He just wants to be treated right.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get where he is coming from. He just wants to play and he's not being given that opportunity. The preseason he had suggested he was ready to finally be a contributor to this team but then he was inactive the first two games. His frustration is understandable and I would lash out too if my employer was messing with my career like that. He just wants to be treated right.

We don't see what goes on at practice and I highly suspect he's a mutt during the week. The kind of guy you have to constantly poke and prod to get any effort out of.

John813

Reaction score
I guess we'll find out the details once he's gone from the team.

Something had to go down for them to give up him this fast. Especially with Quinn gone the first two weeks.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
I'm not that upset by a guy who is frustrated and wants to play. I would hope all the bench players want to play, and are frustrated by their lack of chances. At issue is whether they use that to motivate themselves to play better in practice so they get more chances. I have no way of personally knowing how Taco performs in practice, but apparently it's not up to the level that the coaches are inclined to make him Active on game day. And it's the coaches he needs to impress, not the fans.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They should have been playing him. Not every player has to have "position flex". Were playing crawford at DE which isn't his strong suit, hyder who has flex hasn't done anything and neither has jackson and his flexing self. Should play the guy like we did in pre season. He has no trade value because teams want to see him in real games.

DCCowboys11

Reaction score
Gotta say I called this one. Guy was a bust from the beginning. He’s a backup base end (left side only) just like Crawford. Any other spot equals him playing out of position and he sucks even worse. Cut him already and go find us another George Selvie to provide depth at RE until Gregory can get back.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Call me passive aggressive, but he cost Dallas a first rounder and cashed his checks, so he should stay where he is until they are 100% sure he is worthless to them (He is).

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
We don't see what goes on at practice and I highly suspect he's a mutt during the week. The kind of guy you have to constantly poke and prod to get any effort out of.
You said it, "we don't see what goes on at practice" but if it was as you suggest I highly doubt he would have had as solid of a preseason as he did. If you need to be reminded, go back and watch those games on the "Cowboys Now" app. He looked really good then.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Taco Charlton is apparently asking for his release, while going full Duane Brown in the process.

The Cowboys defensive end, who has been subject of trade talks and not playing, just tweeted out a fairly explicit request.

Responding to a message in which Cowboys executive Stephen Jones said his lack of positional flexibility was part of the reason Charlton hadn’t been active for the first two games, Charlton tweeted out the words “Free me” followed by the eyeball emojis.

When Brown tweeted the googly eyes, it was a signal of a pending trade of Jadeveon Clowney from Houston to Seattle.

Charlton clearly wouldn’t mind the same result.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/16/taco-charlton-tells-cowboys-free-me/