Twitter: Taco's tweet

PUSHfold

Reaction score
That's what I don't understand. Coaches talk crap to these guys. Scream and curse at these and everything else. But if a player stands up for himself he's a bonehead.
That's how it works...the coaches are THEIR boss...you shut your mouth, accept the criticism, and keep working hard especially if you ever want to play.

Problem is he's a soft *** millennial who thinks he's entitled to everything.

amame25

Reaction score
That's how it works...the coaches are THEIR boss...you shut your mouth, accept the criticism, and keep working hard especially if you ever want to play.

Amen! It really is like the inmates running the asylum! When will these young idiots learn that there's always going to be a boss.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's what I don't understand. Coaches talk crap to these guys. Scream and curse at these and everything else. But if a player stands up for himself he's a bonehead.
The Belichick and Jimmy method works.

The Dave Campo and Wade as a head coach method does not work.

George Patton didn't make a lot of friends kicking the arse of the ***** but he got the task accomplished.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
It took Tank three years to turn the corner. Why give up on Taco now?

The players are suppose to respond to criticism in a positive manner well shouldn't we expect the same from our coaches. If he has gotten into with one of the coaches, I have to ask myself how sensitive is that coach?

2 playoff sacks as a rookie despite missing games with an injury.

8 sacks in year 2.

I don't think you know what you are talking about

Mcsports

Reaction score
Eight sacks in year two???????

Do a little research.

Had he made 8 sacks last year this post and his conflict would not exist.

garyo1954

Reaction score
I’m confused. Is there evidence that there was a blow up? Or are you all just speculating and then drawing conclusions based on your speculation?

Nobody has said anything about a blowup. Taco was/is on the bubble this year. Many had him being one of the last cuts.

Scouting director Will McClay indicated as much in the offseason when he said Charlton must come to training camp and prove “he belongs on the roster” as the Cowboys weren’t going to “hold the train for him.”

Nobody denies Taco and Marinelli had a man talk.

The grisly defensive coordinator said it was largely a one-way conversation with Charlton being challenged to live up to the standards he has set for the defensive line.

“That is man talk,” Marinelli said. “You don’t got to beat around the bush. Here is what we got to do. Here is what you have to do to be the player you want to be and we want you to be. There was no doubt in anybody’s mind. In the whole meeting, everything we talk about it. We show grades. We show how certain guys are sprinting to the ball, some not. That’s the standard. They are not changing. That will never change. To be here, you have to rise to the challenge.”

Taco says they hashed out their differences. Apparently it hasn't sunk in they weren't discussing whether they like ketchup on their fries, they were telling him what he has to do to remain a Cowboy.

Iago33

Reaction score
Nobody has said anything about a blowup. Taco was/is on the bubble this year. Many had him being one of the last cuts.

Scouting director Will McClay indicated as much in the offseason when he said Charlton must come to training camp and prove “he belongs on the roster” as the Cowboys weren’t going to “hold the train for him.”

Nobody denies Taco and Marinelli had a man talk.

The grisly defensive coordinator said it was largely a one-way conversation with Charlton being challenged to live up to the standards he has set for the defensive line.

“That is man talk,” Marinelli said. “You don’t got to beat around the bush. Here is what we got to do. Here is what you have to do to be the player you want to be and we want you to be. There was no doubt in anybody’s mind. In the whole meeting, everything we talk about it. We show grades. We show how certain guys are sprinting to the ball, some not. That’s the standard. They are not changing. That will never change. To be here, you have to rise to the challenge.”

Taco says they hashed out their differences. Apparently it hasn't sunk in they weren't discussing whether they like ketchup on their fries, they were telling him what he has to do to remain a Cowboy.
The post I quoted and some others are speculating that Taco yelled at a coach and that’s why he’s in the doghouse. Then they are calling the coach thin skinned. All of this seems to be a made up narrative.

Knotamus

Reaction score
At this point.. I’m done with the talk ab Taco. I didnt like the pick(although I did hope for the best), he hasn’t shown much during the games, his sack ‘taco making’ celebration is the worst celebration I’ve seen, he has a piss poor attitude, seemingly he thinks he’s never the problem, and his social media cries for attention..

Wow.. sounds like I described today’s Millennials.. go figure.

It’s time for him to grow up. Take responsibility for the nothing he’s done so far. Dallas needs to move on, prob what’s best for him anyway. Maybe a fresh start is what he wants and needs. Peace.

I’d rather seen more Jalen Jelks anyway.

garyo1954

Reaction score
The post I quoted and some others are speculating that Taco yelled at a coach and that’s why he’s in the doghouse. Then they are calling the coach thin skinned. All of this seems to be a made up narrative.

Sorry didn't see that post and haven't seen anything about it. But I'd figure if McClay put Taco on notice its not all about Marinelli's feelings.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
2 playoff sacks as a rookie despite missing games with an injury.

8 sacks in year 2.

I don't think you know what you are talking about
He was inconsistent, injury prone, and suspended. He didn't put the doubters to sleep until his third year. Now I think you know what I'm talking about.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I agree, Taco seemed to be turning the curve and would have been productive for us this year. The question is what did he do to get treated this way.

Turning the corner? Based on what?

He is being treated this way because he is terrible........AND he has a bad attitude.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I’m confused. Is there evidence that there was a blow up? Or are you all just speculating and then drawing conclusions based on your speculation?
I'm confused. Is there evidence in my post that I was referring to one player in particular? Or are you just speculating that I was talking about Taco and then drawing conclusions based on that speculation?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
And here I thought he was inactive due to injury...

Iago33

Reaction score
I'm confused. Is there evidence in my post that I was referring to one player in particular? Or are you just speculating that I was talking about Taco and then drawing conclusions based on that speculation?
You quoted someone saying Taco must have hurt someone’s feelings and said coaches yell at players but somehow it’s bad when players stand up for themselves. And now you say you weren’t talking about Taco?

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score

The Belichick and Jimmy method works.

The Dave Campo and Wade as a head coach method does not work.

George Patton didn't make a lot of friends kicking the arse of the ***** but he got the task accomplished.
Some people don't respond well to that type of treatment. I personally don't think any man should be spoken to or treated like a dog.

I remember a tightend coach was harping on Swaim real hard on the sideline. He was actually cussing Swaim out and calling him stupid. Witten stepped in and said, "Hey don't talk to him like that." Now if Swaim would have told that coach don't talk to me like that, then Swaim could have been labeled as uncoachable.

Some people don't respond well to that type of treatment and nor should they have too. There is a big difference between motivating a guy and being a butthole.