Twitter: Tad Prescott complains about Amari Cooper Trade

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Dak is here and if you want to be a fan no matter what you have to understand one thing.
Dak is our starting QB and restructured, and cap loaded bonefied starter...
Now lets figure out how we restructure this OL and and it has to start at C, sorry but Biadasz just isnt cutting it and needs to be addressed, and thats just for starters but thats where I would prefer to begin and then maybe Biadasz could be transitioned into a decent guard hopefully.
Bottom line is average Dak could become very good Dak if given a better interior core blocking.
Who in this house would have a problem taking Linderbaum if still available at 24?
Kinda underweight do they have Whataburger's where he lives?

NumOneQB

Reaction score

LOL. 1. His brother's greedy contract demands contributed to this move. 2. His brother didn't utilize him enough.

Greedy contract? Jerry & Stephen’s incompetence is why the contract ended up hitting the dollar value it did. They were too stupid to sign him to an extension immediately and the wait just pushed the contract into the stratosphere.

Ken

Reaction score
Thanks to a restructure we had to do to get under the cap pushing Dak's cap hit down the road. They could have chosen to restructure Amari and trade Dak instead but that would have been impossible due to the cap hit it would have created thanks to that bloated contract.

But you already knew that, just didn't feel like bringing it up since it would be more accurate than what you were trying to say, right?
They didn't think Amari was worth the restructure, quite obviously. He declined this year, whether you see it or not. He may very well bounce back and be 2019 Cooper bc of the slap in the face he just got. He wasn't, likely, to do it here though.

I realize most are for restructuring a guy who has shown signs of slowing down, but i applaud them making the tough choice for once. This is exactly how we ended up with Zeke on an uncuttable and untradable contract the past couple of years.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Top 3 WR???

tenor.gif

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This dude is the Cowboys version of Brittany & Jackson Mahomes.

plymkr

Reaction score
Stephen could've signed Dak for 28mil but didn't and told him to prove it. Then he franchised him to him to prove it. Then he signed him for 40 mil per after he proved it. Dak contract falls squarely on Stephen Jones's lap.
Completely inept front office and contract management. If Stephen and his frat boy father would have signed Dak in year 3 then we wouldn't be here. They let Dak play till he was a FA. Stupid. If they didn't believe Dak was worth a 2nd contract after year 3 then why sign him in year 5? Terrible management. They could have locked him up without as much of a cap crippling contract and we could afford a better supporting cast. But no they felt it was better to lock up Jaylon Smith after 1 solid year and DLaw after one solid year. But Dak gave them 3 solid years and they didn't lock him up.

Whether you like Dak or not, personally I don't right now, you have to agree that if they thought of him long term he should have been locked up after year 3. No way he plays out year 4 of his rookie deal if the plan is to keep him long term. Just plain stupidity on the Jones fault. Bad team management. Now Dak's supporting cast will diminish and so will our offense. Love or hate Dak, this is horrible GMing. Just embarrassing. No wonder we haven't won anything in 25 years.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Zekes not the one complaining.

He is the one complaining and wanting to sign a max contract. No knock on another man’s money and hustle. But when you take max money you have to expect these moves to follow.

Smith and Cooper already gone. Collins to be gone soon. Zeke will be gone next year. That’ll leave two big contracts on the book
I can guarantee you if Cooper didn’t miss games due to his own decisions this season he would still be on this team. It’s not just the money. You can blame Dak all you want. Look at the players you just named off Smith (I’ll tell you to watch tape I’m elite) Cooper (I take myself off the field for the biggest play of the season) and Collins (I bribed league officials).

the money wasn’t the problem. The attitude was. You just want to blame Dak for something so have at it. Fact is all 3 of these players are gone for much bigger reasons than money.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
best replies ever to the loud mouth.

TonEstrad
@ToneEstrada2
·
12h
Replying to
@86Prescott
and
@AmariCooper9
Blame your Bro for not putting him in a position to produce! Over-under throwing balls. He’s a good receiver that his qb could never throw open. He would have to sit and wait for balls never in stride!

Ticarus Bunch
@BunchTicarus
·
13h
Replying to
@86Prescott
and
@AmariCooper9
That's what happens when your QB is a check down Charlie.

Ticarus Bunch
@BunchTicarus
·

Last edited:

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score

LOL. 1. His brother's greedy contract demands contributed to this move. 2. His brother didn't utilize him enough.

This! I’m so tired of greedy players and everyone who defend them. Big contracts limit other roster moves. Period! But players want to be the highest at their position even when they aren’t the best. It erodes the team and limits success IMHO.

kevm3

Reaction score
Sounds like people are looking for things to complain about. He pretty much gave Amari his props and expressed surprise that he was traded away to Cleveland of all places. He could have went in much harder. We traded a 1 to get Amari, but we get a 5 to get rid of him. Just gave Gallup all the leverage in the world and looks like those 'cap savings' will disappear because we now have to overpay Gallup.