Talkin Cowboys vs. The Break

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I like Eatman a lot, he's got an insane amount of Cowboy knowledge and seems like a pretty cool guy.
Helman used to annoy me with that lazy "I don't care" body language, but I do think it's nice that he's pretty honest. Good or bad.
Eagleton is too homerrific for me.
Jesse talks too much and the rants are endless.
Amber isn't very football savy, but she's ok.
Youmins is a robot.
Mickey is the grumpy old man.
Nate is fun to listen to.

I like 105.3 the fan as well. It's gotten much better.

CWR

Reaction score
Check out the podcasts from Blogging the Boys. They have a different show every weekday. A couple of them are so-so, but several of them are very good. I like the "NFC East Mixtape," which features a guy from Blogging the Boys and another guy from the Eagles blog Bleeding Green Nation.

Yeah thats probably my favorite. Also locked on Cowboys is alright.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Does anyone watch the Players Lounge? Did you notice how quickly the Britt Johnson experiment lasted? She's a Cali-girl that claims to be a Cowboys fan but never really fit on that podcast.
Lol y she gotta be all that?.........unless its true

HungryLion

Reaction score
It goes like this for me:

The Break
Talkin Cowboys
Hangin with the boy
Players lounge.

though players lounge has been growing on me. I like Barry church and Danny mc

roy31

Reaction score
I like Hangin with the Boys… I actual enjoy listening to Holley … calls it like it is.

BermyStar

Reaction score
Hanging wit the Boys is easily my favorite. Then talking Cowboys. Ambar Garcia kills The Break for me.

edit: Players Lounge I'd put after Talking and before The Break

MyFairLady

Reaction score
The Break. I have not listened to the other ones in a while. They were awful. I assume that if anything they have only gotten worse. I have no issue with Ambar. I like the sound of her voice.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Ambar was looking pretty fine yesterday......I just turn down the volume when she talks...

WTtoolman

Reaction score
Ambar is truly worthless as far as football knowledge goes, but we all know why she is there. Dani Surek who would fill in from time to time, and host some of the other draft shows, was fantastic!! Too bad she left a month, or so, ago to a job with the Cardinals.

Dre11

Reaction score
A lot of us listen to the various podcasts put out from the team’s media department. It seems two primary shows are Talkin Cowboys (w/Hekma Harrison, Isaiah Stanback, Kyle Youmins, Spagnola, Broaddus, etc.) and The Break (w/Nick Eatman, Dave Helman, Derrick Eagleton, Ambar Garcia, etc.).

The question is, which one you prefer and why?

Talking Cowboys and Player's Lounge

Dre11

Reaction score
Does anyone watch the Players Lounge? Did you notice how quickly the Britt Johnson experiment lasted? She's a Cali-girl that claims to be a Cowboys fan but never really fit on that podcast.

Yes. She couldn't fit in with those guys, don't know why they even tried her on there.

Dre11

Reaction score
Give me Cowboys: The Break
- When i listen in, i tune in on Eagleton, Helman and Eatman. i like the way they go about talking about Cowboys discussions, issues, whether they agree or disagree with Cowboys decisions, and why,
Derek will bring up the more intriguing and tough needs to be asked questions, and add in his own interesting responses himself.
While Helman/Eatman will add their own replies as well. We don;t always have to agree with all of their replies/observations, but i can see and respect why/how they come to think that
on most occasions. i'm more lured to how that show is ran, the tone, the discussion points, the pace. and its' not a screaming contest match.

- Bless Ambar, because she is so adorable. But i never have and still don't get anything intriguing out of her comments and observations. Just feels like she is
trying so hard to be, sound so knowledgeable enough to blend in and belong. And i get the feeling Eagleton has always wanted a female presence added to the show.
i forget the last female co-host that used to be there before she moved on to Cover 4 show that went under quickly.
i've always thought he should try Christie Scales who sideline reports Cowboys radio games.

- I would listen to Talkin' Cowboys more if not for Hekma Harrison, just as he can bring (and explain) interesting observations, viewpoints but he cuts off and overwhelms others,
and can be too combative. His emotions can get the best of him and .It's a way to go about exchanging views and disagreements, imo.

- Haven't seen Broaddus back as a frequent host on any of the Cowboys podcasts.
Since his "departure" , he's only been an occasional guest on a show here and there.
- They gave Spagnola a less combative forum in his new show, but i cannot deal with Everson Walls laid back demeanor. He's so boring and slows the show.

They're too boring and dry.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
I listened to that show but Ambar came back so I stopped. I just can't take her "talking" football. It's like nails on a chalkboard to me.
Yeah dude her questions are weird when there’s group talk and she’s just not detailed. They want it to work so bad and I just don’t know why.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Just imagine her saying something else. Something that she probably knows a lot about and is probably really good at.