Talking Cowboys is Unlistenable

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever understand the love some people have for Jeff Heath.

Not the crowd that says he's a good special teams guy, good clubhouse guy, decent back up S. I am talking about the people that claimed he was a legitimate and good starting S and arguably our best playmaker in the secondary.

That crowd has me in stitches.

Heath was better than he was allowed to be here. We should have made him our single high FS. That's his best role. But we put him near the LOS instead, where his stiff hips and lack of lateral agility were most exposed.

Heath's knack for breaking on balls was growing when he got the chance at FS in 2017. But they went with Woods instead, forcing Heath into SS and closer to the LOS.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Can't listen to any show with Mickey on it. He flip flops all over the place changing his argument for some perceived win.
Listening to Rob is like watching a beige painted wall dry with Bonnie M in the background
I don't know who else is on the show.

I thought Mickey got bumped to his own show with that announcer dude.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The break is a little better but they are pretty epic homers as well.

I don't think so. Amber sure isn't. She gets critical often, and emotional about that criticism on top of it.

Helman is just basically critical of everything.

Nick and Derrick are both often critical, though Derrick less often. Derrick is more about providing a balanced discussion, so ends up being more positive about the team than the others who are often being critical. Both are *reasonable* about their criticism of the team, and some people consider a lack of hysteria "being a homer". Derrick is the best host, and Nick their best journalist.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Isn't Mickey off of it too. :muttley:

Maybe Broaddus and Mickey actually carried the show. :laugh:

They did....Just too bad Mick had to have his way all the time....and Broadus got tired of having to defend himself. Can't blame him.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think the new version without Mickey is far better. I can actually listen t it now.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Talk about a collection of no talent clowns. Add to that the level of homerism and it is awful. They believe the team is doomed cause it lost Witten and Heath. Lmao
But this was going to be Heath's breakout year! 7-8 INT's at least. And Witten has spent the offseason retracing the travels of Ponce de Leon, and he has apparently located the fountain of youth. He should be back as a strapping young 25 year old when training camp opens.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I agree it’s unlistenable. I also agree Heath is a bigger loss than many think. I’d like a SS drafted in the first two rounds.

BHendri5

Reaction score
LoL all those shows are trash. Mick shots is the best show with Mickey and Bill Jones

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
believe me I am no Heath homer and have no dog in the fight. But as just an observer, it seemed no one ever made plays in the secondary. But when once in a blue moon something did happen, it seemed Heath was around or made the play. Doesn’t make up for his limitations but one could see how a casual observer could get the impression.
Your observation is spot on! Our secondary very seldom made plays, but when a big play was made, more often than not it was Jeff Heath.

I’ll never ever understand the hate for Jeff Heath. He was an average all around Safety that played hurt and with heart. If there was ever a big hit in the secondary it was almost always Jeff Heath. I liked him.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever understand the love some people have for Jeff Heath.

Not the crowd that says he's a good special teams guy, good clubhouse guy, decent back up S. I am talking about the people that claimed he was a legitimate and good starting S and arguably our best playmaker in the secondary.

Jeff Heath was the best! :D

:popcorn:

kskboys

Reaction score
Heath was better than he was allowed to be here. We should have made him our single high FS. That's his best role. But we put him near the LOS instead, where his stiff hips and lack of lateral agility were most exposed.

Heath's knack for breaking on balls was growing when he got the chance at FS in 2017. But they went with Woods instead, forcing Heath into SS and closer to the LOS.
Didn't even know this, but it's not surprising. We've been doing that to players for a long time. Remember when they tried to make Miles Austin the deep WR? I felt sorry for the poor guy!!!!

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
How can it be a level of homerism if they feel the team is doomed without a couple of players? Wouldn't homerism dictate that they do not believe the team is doomed due to losing a couple of players or not doomed for any reason?

I was just thinking that...

Fontaine

Reaction score
Haven’t listened much since they lost BB. He was enjoyable to listen to, and seemed to have a decent eye for player evaluations. As for The Break, I literally can’t listen to Amber, she provides nothing and is god awful loud.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

he had moxie.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Can't listen to any show with Mickey on it. He flip flops all over the place changing his argument for some perceived win.
Listening to Rob is like watching a beige painted wall dry with Bonnie M in the background
I don't know who else is on the show.
You need to try to keep up with the times. Mickey is no longer on Talkin' Cowboys, he has his own podcast now. The complaints of Talkin' Cowboys in this thread are over the new line up... Kyle Youman, Dani Sureck, Hekma Harrison, Rob Phillips.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I like Talkin'Cowboys with or without Mickey. The current version is certainly different but I still find it entertaining. Youman's lazy eye is a bit distracting but he does a good job at hosting, IMO.