CFZ Tampa Bay, SF, and Philly

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
Just a few short weeks ago we were all saying "The NFC's wide open this year." While I agree, the Cowboys are most certainly going to have to exorcise a few demons in the post season.

Tampa Bay -- Certainly not a team many fear these days, especially if you happen to check out the score against SF, but they've presented matchup problems for our offense the past few seasons, and of course Tom has never lost to the Cowboys in his 21+ year career. That's one monkey they need to get off their back. Dallas will either reverse history here or it'll be the same 'ol.

San Francisco -- We all know what they did to us last year in the playoffs. Very tough, physical up front, both with their OL and defensive front 7. You can downplay Mr. Irrelevant all you want at QB, but we saw how Dallas made a pedestrian QB look today. Granted, one would hope our defense would play more inspired in a playoff game, but what I worry about is a sputtering Dallas offense leaving the defense on the field for quite some time, along with turnovers leaving SF with a short field. Like last year's game, you worry about a slow, painful death against a team like San Fran. Another demon to exorcise.

Philadelphia -- I can definitely see Dallas beating Philly here in a few weeks in Big D. But, that may not be enough to win the division. Having Dallas play Philly for a third time would ultimately be a good thing though, because it probably means they would have had to get past Tampa Bay and/or San Francisco first.

Dallas can beat all 3 of these teams, no doubt. But they can lose to all 3 as well, as they have the last time they played each of them . The question in the NFC playoffs however is can Dallas go 3-0, assuming they're the WC, and can they do so against these 3 teams? At this point I'm in a I'll believe it when I see it mindset, and that has nothing to do with the way they squeaked by Houston today, nor how I think they beat Philly in a couple of weeks.

It'll be a tall order folks. The "wide open" path through the NFC playoffs appears a little more narrow these days if your a Cowboys fan, no?

GINeric

Reaction score
Just a few short weeks ago we were all saying "The NFC's wide open this year." While I agree, the Cowboys are most certainly going to have to exorcise a few demons in the post season.

Tampa Bay -- Certainly not a team many fear these days, especially if you happen to check out the score against SF, but they've presented matchup problems for our offense the past few seasons, and of course Tom has never lost to the Cowboys in his 21+ year career. That's one monkey they need to get off their back. Dallas will either reverse history here or it'll be the same 'ol.

San Francisco -- We all know what they did to us last year in the playoffs. Very tough, physical up front, both with their OL and defensive front 7. You can downplay Mr. Irrelevant all you want at QB, but we saw how Dallas made a pedestrian QB look today. Granted, one would hope our defense would play more inspired in a playoff game, but what I worry about is a sputtering Dallas offense leaving the defense on the field for quite some time, along with turnovers leaving SF with a short field. Like last year's game, you worry about a slow, painful death against a team like San Fran.

Philadelphia -- I can definitely see Dallas beating Philly here in a few weeks in Big D. But, that may not be enough to win the division. Having Dallas play Philly for a third time would ultimately be a good thing though, because it probably means they would have had to get past Tampa Bay and/or San Francisco first.

Dallas can beat all 3 of these teams, no doubt. But they can lose to all 3 as well, as they have the last time they played each of them . The question in the NFC playoffs however is can Dallas go 3-0, assuming they're the WC, and can they do so against these 3 teams. At this point I'm in a I'll believe it when I see it mindset, and that has nothing to do with the way they squeaked by Houston today, nor how I think they beat Philly in a couple of weeks.

It'll be a tall order folks. The "wide open" path through the NFC playoffs appears a little more narrow these days if your a Cowboys fan, no?

All of those teams have real offensive coordinators. We got KM.... a junior college level offensive coordinator at best.

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
We would go 0-3 against them.

Sad thing is in the post season 2-1 is just as bad as 0-1.

Still need to see more from this team in terms of how mentally tough they are. I get the feeling that no one in this room is convinced, and I can't blame you. And no one is convinced that KM is up to the task when the when it's do-or-die.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
This team struggled significantly against the mighty 1-10 Texans and were inquiring about the matchups against the Bucs, 49ers, and Eagles?

:lmao2:

This team is going to get blown out in the first round. Even if we do somehow make it past the Bucs, we’ll implode against the 49ers or Eagles. Just take a look at their games today vs ours. Just straight detestable. This team is done.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
This team struggled significantly against the mighty 1-10 Texans and were inquiring about the matchups against the Bucs, 49ers, and Eagles?

This team is going to get blown out in the first round. Even if we do somehow make it past the Bucs, we’ll implode against the 49ers or Eagles. Just take a look at their games today vs ours. Just straight detestable. This team is done.
Eagles beat the lowly Colts 17-16 and got beat by the Skins. The 9er’s have more losses than we do, and Tampa is terrible.

mldardy

Reaction score

If only every team were judged by one game. :rolleyes:

Praxit

Reaction score
Dallas Will beat all 3 in the playoffs on the road, if we don’t win the division.
That will quiet all of their fans on here.
Jazz, that means half these boards. And even if Dallas should win, they'll be about face. "I knew Dallas, would win".. ;)...

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
If only every team were judged by one game. :rolleyes:
It’s not just one game though. I obviously only picked the most recent ones. Let’s go through last weeks games.

49ers essentially won like 33-17 in a blowout without their QB (even though neither QB is anything to write home about)

Eagles blew out the respectable titans so bad that their confidence is now messed up (that is until we play them) (35-10)

We struggled with the colts until they imploded in the 4th Q and essentially gave up and let us run up the score.

Before that, we struggled against the Giants, who the eagles blew out today. Lions blew them out pretty good too.

I can keep going but the base of the argument is that this team has extremely cold starts that won’t fly in the playoffs. Not to mention the inconsistency of this team and how well they handle success. There is no way this team can win 4 in a row on the playoffs and not get big headed and screw everything up like they usually do. This team is gonna need an overhaul in the off-season.

tomsanders921

Reaction score

This team played bad today and last week. But they have shown the ability to play at a level that can beat anyone. They are just way too inconsistent.

You can no longer rely on the defense to shut down the opponent though. They are definitely not what we thought they were. And the offense looks unstoppable during spurts, but during others they struggle to just get first downs.

Inconsistent teams rarely go on a 4 game streak to win the Superbowl.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score

San Francisco -- We all know what they did to us last year in the playoffs. Very tough, physical up front, both with their OL and defensive front 7. You can downplay Mr. Irrelevant all you want at QB, but we saw how Dallas made a pedestrian QB look today. Granted, one would hope our defense would play more inspired in a playoff game, but what I worry about is a sputtering Dallas offense leaving the defense on the field for quite some time, along with turnovers leaving SF with a short field. Like last year's game, you worry about a slow, painful death against a team like San Fran. Another demon to exorcise.

Dallas can beat all 3 of these teams, no doubt. But they can lose to all 3 as well, as they have the last time they played each of them . The question in the NFC playoffs however is can Dallas go 3-0, assuming they're the WC, and can they do so against these 3 teams? At this point I'm in a I'll believe it when I see it mindset, and that has nothing to do with the way they squeaked by Houston today, nor how I think they beat Philly in a couple of weeks.

Just depends on what Cowboys team shows up. You can’t trust this team to be consistent. When they are on they can’t be stopped but when they come out flat against good teams they choke. So hold on to your panties and hope the good Cowboys show up in the playoffs