Image: Tank got an expensive toy

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
[QUOTE="shabazz, post: 9773557, member: 39144"]A lot of needy people in the community could have benefited from the money used to buy that Luxury car but thats purely up to him.

What bothers me is that some millionaires in sports distance themselves from CEO's and executives of companies and accuse them of greed as if their own millions don't put them in the same socioeconomic class. They both live in mansions in gated communities and have luxury cars. Double standards[/QUOTE]

So? Do you live as absolutely as cheaply as possible, never buy anything new, never buy anything you don't absolutely need? If not, then I could say the same thing about you, the "you could buy 100 homeless people a meal if you didn't buy that Apple watch, or pay for cable tv, or buy real diamonds for your wife instead of cubic zirconia"

It's all a matter of degree, except for maybe someone like Mother Theresa, we all spend money on things that could benefit "needy" people. Where would we draw the line, and who'd decide what that line should be?

I get your post, but it's a non-definable statement....

Philmonroe

Reaction score
A lot of needy people in the community could have benefited from the money used to buy that Luxury car but thats purely up to him.

What bothers me is that some millionaires in sports distance themselves from CEO's and executives of companies and accuse them of greed as if their own millions don't put them in the same socioeconomic class. They both live in mansions in gated communities and have luxury cars. Double standards
Well a lot of needy people need to get on their grind and stop waiting for someone they don't even know to save them. That goes for those on that type of thinking.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
You're welcome. A lot of people say if they desired something they would have it. Ime damn near none of those people have the means to ever get whatever it is that they could get if they "desired" it so again its sounds good talk.
Wow... okay then.

shabazz

Reaction score
[QUOTE="shabazz, post: 9773557, member: 39144"]A lot of needy people in the community could have benefited from the money used to buy that Luxury car but thats purely up to him.

What bothers me is that some millionaires in sports distance themselves from CEO's and executives of companies and accuse them of greed as if their own millions don't put them in the same socioeconomic class. They both live in mansions in gated communities and have luxury cars. Double standards

So? Do you live as absolutely as cheaply as possible, never buy anything new, never buy anything you don't absolutely need? If not, then I could say the same thing about you, the "you could buy 100 homeless people a meal if you didn't buy that Apple watch, or pay for cable tv, or buy real diamonds for your wife instead of cubic zirconia"

It's all a matter of degree, except for maybe someone like Mother Theresa, we all spend money on things that could benefit "needy" people. Where would we draw the line, and who'd decide what that line should be?

I get your post, but it's a non-definable statement....[/QUOTE]

I did say it was purely up to him. And I didn't say he should have to buy a Ford Fiesta. Additionally, my wife prefers a Glock 9mm compact to any pretentious diamonds. :laugh:

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Good for him. What’s the percentage of a couple hundred k on $20 mil?

shabazz

Reaction score
Well a lot of needy people need to get on their grind and stop waiting for someone they don't even know to save them. That goes for those on that type of thinking.

I give alot of money to the Wounded Warrior Project and Red Cross to help those that cant help themselves, but thats just me

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Ugly. Dumb. When I see stuff like this bought, I always imagine these types of players will somehow end up broke a few years out of the league.

cern

Reaction score
I donate a lot to st. jude children's research hospital. and I invite wounded warriors to my ranch to hunt and take a few each year to my fishing lodge in Alaska. i'm all for helping children and our vets. but I have little sympathy for those just seeking a handout. get a freaking job and quit crying about the inequities of life.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I see what you're saying, but the reality is that most wealthy men (in any profession) buy nice cars.

No sense in getting bent out of shape about it.
Absolutely true, but I think if it were me I would be somehow getting on a racetrack, not trying to drive those on the street. I would be in too much trouble quick!

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I give alot of money to the Wounded Warrior Project and Red Cross to help those that cant help themselves, but thats just me
I don't do none of that. I help my family and friends. I'm not concerned with helping the world. I'm most concerned with helping those closest to me and situations that are close to me like I'm assume the ones you mentioned are to you. That's what I do but that doesn't mean I've never helped random people but its definitely the smallest of my "help"

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Ugly. Dumb. When I see stuff like this bought, I always imagine these types of players will somehow end up broke a few years out of the league.
Sounds like you're jealous and hope they go broke to make yourself feel better. Shame shame shame.

Blackspider214

Reaction score

Living up to what Bennett's rant was about - players being all about money and contracts, and not about winning/legacy.

I get it, football is just a job to most players; but it's sad to me that fans now care about team success more than actual members of that team.

It's good Lawrence got paid. He has more money than I'll make in my lifetime.

Some will disagree with me (the usual suspects who I should block just to avoid their annoyances), I expect it. That's cool. But I miss the players like Aikman, Irvin, Romo, etc who would sacrifice anything for the joy and glory of winning a Super Bowl.

Sometimes I wish I could stop caring about the Dallas Cowboys!

Lmao at you mentioning Michael Irvin. The guy who played high, bought high dollar mink coats, coked out of his mind constantly.

This post is very weird. You post a guy who has money who bought a car he can easily afford. What is the deal here? Do you think this is some sort of new trend? People with money buy nice things. Or do you think players with money should not buy anything because they have not won anything? The players you named were before the social media era. You don't think they bought nice things? Please.

Some of yall will gripe and complain about anything. Who cares what these players do in their personal lives. They are paid to play football. They do. Whether or not they win has no bearing what they spend their money on. A grown man should not worry about what a guy does with his own money. Get a grip.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
You gotta understand, folks are angry. These guys could be on a family outing and somebody would post here they're out celebrating, when it's really just dinner.

Yep. People can't separate real life from football. Mad about what they do on the field? Sure. We all are. But to get upset that a millionaire bought a sports car? Cmon now. Some people think these players are robots and have no personal life and is only here to entertain us.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I don't do none of that. I help my family and friends. I'm not concerned with helping the world. I'm most concerned with helping those closest to me and situations that are close to me like I'm assume the ones you mentioned are to you. That's what I do but that doesn't mean I've never helped random people but its definitely the smallest of my "help"

As long as you help someone, it's fine...

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
What is the percentages of people in the US and around the world that purchase a nice vehicle after getting a raise? Is the assumption their work effort going forward suffers? This thread is ridiculous.

JustChip

Reaction score
Money was a supplement to their desire to win. These days, money is their main concern
Ahhh, the age old lament for the “good ole days” remembered through the rose colored glasses of nostalgia.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I made no mistake, I simply posted my opinion on it. Funny, people the likes of you don't see the total *** backwards and insane acceptance of "entertainers" being paid like kings for what exactly? If you had actually read my post, you would have seen how I view these so called entertainers. They contribute ZERO to elevating the economy in such they do not produce a damn thing that makes our country stronger, stable or house people, make it so you can gas up your trucks, cars, light your home, build roads to drive said vehicles on, clothing, food ETC... you get the picture. And again, if you had actually read my post, you would have read this line "But hey, he got his payday, do with it as he will, no sweat off my brow...wth does that have to do with Tom hanks or anyone for that matter? As for their bo bo's they collect as they "play" a game to entertain us, they should spend 30 years in the oil fields, or hanging iron for buildings, maybe a doctor or nurse working with high risk people, IE ebola, Aids, et al these people risk nothing, and add nothing to the overall economy. You have you view of how grand they all are, and I have mine...lets leave it right there.

Sure about this? They pay quite a bit on taxes......

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Sounds like you're jealous and hope they go broke to make yourself feel better. Shame shame shame.

I can 100% promise you i will never be jealous of anyone buying a car that looks like it came from the set of a freakin' Transformers film. And if these players post these things to get praised/criticized, that's what posting publicly is about, I think the car screams "bad purchase".

And I do just fine financially, I'm not a millionaire, but I afford everything that is a need and have plenty left over for wants.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Ahhh, the age old lament for the “good ole days” remembered through the rose colored glasses of nostalgia.

That dude told me he's 27 so he doesn't remember squat. He's just repeating the whines he hears around him to start a co-whine thread for likes I guess. He was 3 years old when Aikman and Irvin won their last Super Bowl so he wouldn't know jack about them "playing for the love of the game" or whatever other tired romanticized tripe of a line jealous fans come up with to create some character flaw for being richer than they are.