Image: Tank got an expensive toy

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I can 100% promise you i will never be jealous of anyone buying a car that looks like it came from the set of a freakin' Transformers film. And if these players post these things to get praised/criticized, that's what posting publicly is about, I think the car screams "bad purchase".

And I do just fine financially, I'm not a millionaire, but I afford everything that is a need and have plenty left over for wants.
You can not be jealous of the car and still be jealous good sir because its not the car that has you jealous. Maybe like a lot of people nowadays they just post things to post them but if you want to be a hater under the faux financial advisor badge go ahead. It's your life and I'm not here to stop you.

Doing fine financially admittedly isn't the same as Tank currently so like I said before you can still be jealous of the next person even though you're doing fine.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You can not be jealous of the car and still be jealous good sir because its not the car that has you jealous. Maybe like a lot of people nowadays they just post things to post them but if you want to be a hater under the faux financial advisor badge go ahead. It's your life and I'm not here to stop you.

Doing fine financially admittedly isn't the same as Tank currently so like I said before you can still be jealous of the next person even though you're doing fine.

Again, you're just being stupid. Let's break this down for the mentally damaged

Celebrity posts new purchase online for people to see/comment
People see and comment

....that's what is going on here. I don't have to like his purchase, I can go off of celebrities and their bad purchases in the past that led them down a road to bankruptcy, and many ex-football players managed their money poorly and ended up filing.

It's not "jealousy" - I have nothing to be jealous about. So, if this can only be about me posting rainbow and sunshine BS - Reality can go ahead and delete my comments/bench me or make a rule about it. If we can't discuss this at all, he can delete the thread. Until then, I will say the dude made a terrible purchase and will probably continue to make stupid purchases in the future.

If you don't like that, you can feel free to continue assuming I am "jealous" or get lost. That's your choice. The latter is better for you so you don't end up embarrassing yourself though as you often do.

robbieruff

Reaction score
I see what you're saying, but the reality is that most wealthy men (in any profession) buy nice cars.

No sense in getting bent out of shape about it.
Do you think the OP’s reaction is about the purchase of the car or the fact DLaw has to floss about it?

I have owned my fair share of nice cars and other items in my lifetime but rarely do I post on social media for sake of showing off. There in lies the run for some I would suspect. As for me...I couldn’t care less.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

People see and comment

....that's what is going on here. I don't have to like his purchase, I can go off of celebrities and their bad purchases in the past that led them down a road to bankruptcy, and many ex-football players managed their money poorly and ended up filing.

It's not "jealousy" - I have nothing to be jealous about. So, if this can only be about me posting rainbow and sunshine BS - Reality can go ahead and delete my comments/bench me or make a rule about it. If we can't discuss this at all, he can delete the thread. Until then, I will say the dude made a terrible purchase and will probably continue to make stupid purchases in the past.

If you don't like that, you can feel free to continue assuming I am "jealous" or get lost. That's your choice. The latter is better for you so you don't end up embarrassing yourself though as you often do.
He tried the same BS with me. I just had to stop looking at his replies. Typical instigator.

It's "gotta be" I'm just jealous and I'm hiding under the "faux financial advisor badge" since I'm not praising the purchase and I'm not a multi-millionaire, myself..... not even worth a response.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He tried the same BS with me. I just had to stop looking at his replies.

It's "gotta be" jealousy since we aren't praising the purchase and we aren't multi-millionaires ourselves..... not even worth a response.

Which is hilarious because most of the people in this thread will cry about D-Law's contract and his supposed on field performance but "hater" is never the label any of them will accept. I was one of the few defending D-Law the other day lol being a freakin' fan is all by watching/analyzing/praise/critique and the argument of "jealousy" never comes up.

Yet, when someone points out how dumb it is to buy a trash car that looks like freakin' Bumblebee from Transformers....suddenly it's because I envy the rich.

shabazz

Reaction score
There's so many ways to view massive purchase from millionaires and like I said, thats up to them. We are however allowed to support or critique.

To the car, I love it. There were many people from executives to the laborers to the salespeople that fed their families from the manufacturing and sale of that car. It truly trickles down.
That allows those people to also donate to whomever they want as well or not at all. I can buy a 100k car cash today but its just not what i care for. I dont need a status symbol

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Living up to what Bennett's rant was about - players being all about money and contracts, and not about winning/legacy.

I get it, football is just a job to most players; but it's sad to me that fans now care about team success more than actual members of that team.

It's good Lawrence got paid. He has more money than I'll make in my lifetime.

Some will disagree with me (the usual suspects who I should block just to avoid their annoyances), I expect it. That's cool. But I miss the players like Aikman, Irvin, Romo, etc who would sacrifice anything for the joy and glory of winning a Super Bowl.

Sometimes I wish I could stop caring about the Dallas Cowboys!

You miss the winning as most of us do, but I'm not sure what you mean about sacrifice. When Aikman signed his last contract at that time he was either the highest or second highest paid QB in the league and instead of buying an exotic car he built a huge house with his money. I can't understand why anyone would even start a thread, with a pic of a expensive car a player bought. Is he just supposed to be happy getting a VW? It's their money and they should be able to spend it as they wish without "fans" making a big deal about it.

To answer your last sentence, nobody is holding a gun to your head making you care about the Cowboys. If buying a sports car makes you question whether you want to still be a Cowboys fan then your fandom isn't that deep to start out with.

Philmonroe

Reaction score

People see and comment

It's not "jealousy" - I have nothing to be jealous about. So, if this can only be about me posting rainbow and sunshine BS - Reality can go ahead and delete my comments/bench me or make a rule about it. If we can't discuss this at all, he can delete the thread. Until then, I will say the dude made a terrible purchase and will probably continue to make stupid purchases in the future.

The ole I disagree with you so you're being stupid routine. So tired please use another one. I guess you tried to use another one with mentally damaged but again another failure that doesn't fit reality. I guess if,you keep trying you'll find something that really sticks.

Who said you had to like his purchase? I didn't so stick to what I posted. Yes you can go off celebrities that made bad purchases but,you could also go off celebrities that made the same purchases and didn't go bankrupt. Jealousy and envy makes you want to go in a certain direction but again do whatever you like. Again sir who said you couldn't say he made a bad purchase? You're not making sense on this.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
The ole I disagree with you so you're being stupid routine. So tired please use another one. I guess you tried to use another one with mentally damaged but again another failure that doesn't fit reality. I guess if,you keep trying you'll find something that really sticks.

Who said you had to like his purchase? I didn't so stick to what I posted. Yes you can go off celebrities that made bad purchases but,you could also go off celebrities that made the same purchases and didn't go bankrupt. Jealousy and envy makes you want to go in a certain direction but again do whatever you like. Again sir who said you couldn't say he made a bad purchase? You're not making sense on this.

Kinda like the routine of "If you criticize something, you're jealous and a hater"

I'm not interested in the rest of your post. You're bad at this, and you make the side that wants Dak gone look bad with your poor argumentative skills.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
There's so many ways to view massive purchase from millionaires and like I said, thats up to them. We are however allowed to support or critique.

To the car, I love it. There were many people from executives to the laborers to the salespeople that fed their families from the manufacturing and sale of that car. It truly trickles down.
That allows those people to also donate to whomever they want as well or not at all. I can buy a 100k car cash today but its just not what i care for. I dont need a status symbol

yet for someone who doesn't need a status symbol, you told everyone you could get same

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I just wonder why anyone would have any comment on how someone who signed a 90 million contract spends his money. It was like someone who ripped onme once for saying I fly business class to Europe and asked me why when it was a waste of money. I told him the simplest answer available "because I can".

Tank bought the car because he could.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
He tried the same BS with me. I just had to stop looking at his replies. Typical instigator.

It's "gotta be" I'm just jealous and I'm hiding under the "faux financial advisor badge" since I'm not praising the purchase and I'm not a multi-millionaire, myself..... not even worth a response.
Truth hurts I see. @mattjames2010 see how most can't handle anybody having a different pov than them. People like this Lion just run and look for someone that agrees with their pov. Most people are frail and can't function without someone agreeing with them. You are jealousy though @jwooten15 but hide behind whatever lies you must because if you check my post I'm not praising the purchase either. Disingenuous people have to always lie to make,themselves feel better.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Kinda like the routine of "If you criticize something, you're jealous and a hater"

I'm not interested in the rest of your post. You're bad at this, and you make the side that wants Dak gone look bad with your poor argumentative skills.
Yep just like that routine but mine actually fits though. I'm bad at this because I'm criticizing you and frail people lie yourself don't like that. I can't make a side look bad over a Demarcus Lawrence topic. You're not making sense but again that's what you people do

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

People see and comment

The problem with your thinking is to automatically lump Lawrence in the blow all his money and has to file bankruptcy after making a SINGLE purchase. If you want to complain about the contract Lawrence got fine but you might want to hold off making assumptions based on a signlr purchase.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
The problem with your thinking is to automatically lump Lawrence in the blow all his money and has to file bankruptcy after making a SINGLE purchase. If you want to complain about the contract Lawrence got fine but you might want to hold off making assumptions based on a signlr purchase.

Nah, I'll go ahead and make that assumption - and I'm pretty good at getting things right, just go through my posting history.

MarcusRock

Reaction score

The other guy was right. This is what the bitter hope for so they can feel better. They also go on and on for pages telling you how they really don't care about all this. Uh huh, lol.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I did not read this entire post, so, what kind of car is that?