Image: Tank got an expensive toy

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You gotta understand, folks are angry. These guys could be on a family outing and somebody would post here they're out celebrating, when it's really just dinner.

That's very true. I think timing plays a key role in people's attitudes about it.

Many don't need to see things like this when the team is disappointing.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Really? They should only spend the money they are paid from the day after the Super Bowl to the day before training camp? lol

If you buy a nice car within what your budget can handle, does that somehow take away from your job performance?
No. They only spend the money when I say they can. Lol. It was a joke. I understand what some fans think. When we are losing some fans are mad and likely as upset or more upset than the players and hates to see them having fun.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
And it’s a yellow one. I don’t mind them spending there money. I just wish they would do it during offseason. But it’s not my money. They have a life and it’s a job to them. We as fans live for the season.
Why yellow? That's my only beef, because reminds me the of cheese heads. Cowboys blue and silver would look so much better. ;)

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is your opinion and your entitled to it, but history says that that is not even remotely true about any of them.
Not remotely true about any of who?

You think Demarcus Lawrence cares more about football than he does making money?

Or you think the Aikmans/Irvins cared more about money than winning?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
To each their own. Have no problem seeing the players spoil themselves.

But...

So that car door is being held up and open by only 1 hinge? Eeek! I bet in a few years you'll be hearing air seeping in through the door cracks. I'd hate to crash in that thing. You're likely to have those doors fly right off. Waste of money in my opinion.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This bothers you? These are young millionaires. Will this purchase affect our team? Lol
I don't care about the purchase.

I was using the post to try and hit on the larger point of guys playing football for the purpose of making as much money as possible, and caring less about winning.

I guess I wasn't clear there. The material items don't matter to me; they can/should buy whatever they want, if they're able!

I just don't like that there seems to be next-to-no loyalty to the team - most players are out for themselves and their brand, and winning football games is secondary.

Swanny

Reaction score

Living up to what Bennett's rant was about - players being all about money and contracts, and not about winning/legacy.

I get it, football is just a job to most players; but it's sad to me that fans now care about team success more than actual members of that team.

It's good Lawrence got paid. He has more money than I'll make in my lifetime.

Some will disagree with me (the usual suspects who I should block just to avoid their annoyances), I expect it. That's cool. But I miss the players like Aikman, Irvin, Romo, etc who would sacrifice anything for the joy and glory of winning a Super Bowl.

Sometimes I wish I could stop caring about the Dallas Cowboys!

Buying a super car has nothing at all to do with winning a super bowl

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
In what way did any of these players you named sacrifice anything? Aikman, Irvin, Romo..

IIRC, both Aikman and Irvin got paid max salaries during their era and Irvin was and still is known for flashy attire.

I think Romo made almost 200m with the Cowboys. He sacrificed some of his health, but not much else.

As for Tank...he got a nice toy. It's almost Christmas. Why not treat himself?

Man, after seeing Tank’s car, I hope you still like the Lexus I got you.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Yawn. Perhaps if he spent less time on social media and more time in the film room he would help his team win.

Another fake leader of a soft, underachieving team.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I guess most people just see that I posted a pic of Lawrence with a fancy car and got jealous. That's not the case. But for those who care to read beyond the photo:

I don't care about the material items. I care that players are only loyal to themselves and their "brand" and their wallet. Football is just a means to an end, not something they even care about.

Speaking in generalities, obviously... a decent amount of players do care about team success.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not remotely true about any of who?

You think Demarcus Lawrence cares more about football than he does making money?

Or you think the Aikmans/Irvins cared more about money than winning?
I don't have enough knowledge about any of them to suggest either. My point is they ALL got paid and how can you assume to know one way or the other when we don't know them personally.