Image: Tank got an expensive toy

superonyx

Reaction score
You have an established propensity to overlook/ignore reality and wander off in fairy land, so I'll just invite you to read the rest of this thread if you want to know how I feel.

Your questions will be answered there.

Good day to you, sir.
You have an over inflated ego and actually believe you are bringing some deep insight to this board.
You come here and cry like that dude defending Britney Spears.
You had another tantrum today. It looks like you have been taken out to the woodshed again. Maybe you will learn from it.

What a fail thread.

glimmerman

Reaction score
lol...do you stop spending money. you a t like these men have no life outside football
Lmao. Read my other posts please. It was a joke. Don’t care what they buy. I will say it’s bad timing to post it but he is off work getting a little shopping done..

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
To be clear... we took the time to create a thread about one of the highest paid players in the NFL buying a new car? And using this to frame said player as not caring about football or the team? :huh::facepalm: Am I missing something?

glimmerman

Reaction score
You have an over inflated ego and actually believe you are bringing some deep insight to this board.
You had another tantrum today. It looks like you have been taken out to the woodshed again. Maybe you will learn from it.

What a fail thread.
Was that a dude protecting Spears.

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
I like seeing pro athletes with cool cars instead of some dorky actor or “entertainer”.....ironic he chose yellow cause he can’t get a holding call to save his life:D

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I get your point but candidly I get where Jwooten is coming from also.

I think more than anything it's the optics that bother people.
why the heck do these guys have to "tweet" and "instagram" everything these days? Guy has a nice car? Good for him. He's literally living the dream, at least in a financial sense. And speaking only for myself if someone is able to make crazy money playing sports, then good on them. I don't begrudge them that. You're worth what someone is willing to pay you. That's America. That's the way it works and good for them for realizing their dreams.

However from the fan's perspective--we're coming off two pretty embarassing losses back to back, 4 days apart with a pretty important game in Chicago tomorrow. If you're going to tweet out a photo to the world, how about something showing him and few teammates hitting a sled for a few extra reps after practice, or them in the weight room pushing themselves and showing that all the noise coming out of the locker room about "talks over" isn't just cheap talk?

I mean--right now, right this moment--probably not the best time to tweet Cowboy nation about the new Ferrari or Lambo or whatever it is that you just got. Why not just enjoy the toy without broadcasting it to the world? It seems that to some of these guys these days, making sure everyone knows they ahve nice stuff is more valuable than just having nice stuff.

And as Jwooten indicated and I tend to agree with him, all of that sometimes appears to play second fiddle to winning.
He's right. It didn't used to be that way. They got paid back in the day. But it didn't seem to be *the* focal point, at least not as much as it is now....

Optics are in the eye of the beholder. It doesn't mean anything unless you allow it to. This wreaks of pettiness and looking for a reason to complain. What anyone puts on their social media is their own business as long as it doesn't effect you.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

What a fail thread.

Yet you felt the need to contribute to such a "fail" of a thread? Makes total sense. Sorry that you can't read.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I get your point but candidly I get where Jwooten is coming from also.

I think more than anything it's the optics that bother people.
why the heck do these guys have to "tweet" and "instagram" everything these days? Guy has a nice car? Good for him. He's literally living the dream, at least in a financial sense. And speaking only for myself if someone is able to make crazy money playing sports, then good on them. I don't begrudge them that. You're worth what someone is willing to pay you. That's America. That's the way it works and good for them for realizing their dreams.

However from the fan's perspective--we're coming off two pretty embarassing losses back to back, 4 days apart with a pretty important game in Chicago tomorrow. If you're going to tweet out a photo to the world, how about something showing him and few teammates hitting a sled for a few extra reps after practice, or them in the weight room pushing themselves and showing that all the noise coming out of the locker room about "talks over" isn't just cheap talk?

I mean--right now, right this moment--probably not the best time to tweet Cowboy nation about the new Ferrari or Lambo or whatever it is that you just got. Why not just enjoy the toy without broadcasting it to the world? It seems that to some of these guys these days, making sure everyone knows they ahve nice stuff is more valuable than just having nice stuff.

And as Jwooten indicated and I tend to agree with him, all of that sometimes appears to play second fiddle to winning.
He's right. It didn't used to be that way. They got paid back in the day. But it didn't seem to be *the* focal point, at least not as much as it is now....

Also, as someone who works in a very high ranking media company, the majority of these tweets and IG post aren't new pics or even posted that day. They're scheduled ahead of time. Even if they was literally 10 minutes ago, who the hell cares?

You guys seriously need to get over yourselves. These are grown *** men doing their job. Your contribution to the team AT MOST is season tickets. This guy is getting hit hundreds of times a game by 300+lb men and yall want to talk about optics and heart and all that mess. Petty.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Please tell me you’re not addressing my post, you’d have to be old ** to not pick up on the obvious sarcasm, if not then my apologies

No, I got your sarcasm. My statement was aimed at the OP and nature of the thread in general which is similar to other threads pining for the days of old.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I'm 27 years old, but good try.

Well you've captured the essence of a jealous middle-aged fan quite nicely. And if you're 27, how in Hades are you lauding Aikman and Irvin as "types" of players to emulate? You were 3 years old when they last won a Super Bowl. Lol. Sounds like you're just regurgitating what you hear around you for the "yeah, he's right" likes.

EXPOSED!!!

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry Jones gets an expensive new toy!

8722.jpg

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Also, as someone who works in a very high ranking media company, the majority of these tweets and IG post aren't new pics or even posted that day. They're scheduled ahead of time. Even if they was literally 10 minutes ago, who the hell cares?

You guys seriously need to get over yourselves. These are grown *** men doing their job. Your contribution to the team AT MOST is season tickets. This guy is getting hit hundreds of times a game by 300+lb men and yall want to talk about optics and heart and all that mess. Petty.

Read your replies to my clearly non confrontational post

And then re consider who needs to "get over" themselves. LOL