Image: Tank got an expensive toy

Reaction score
Players not being as passionate about winning as the fan base who cheer for them is not unique to Lawrence, the Cowboys or the NFL.

That's just how it is today.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Optics are in the eye of the beholder. It doesn't mean anything unless you allow it to. This wreaks of pettiness and looking for a reason to complain. What anyone puts on their social media is their own business as long as it doesn't effect you.

Honestly, the original picture is irrelevant to my "pettiness" and "reason to complain."

I should have probably just started a topic titled "I wish players cared as much as fans" and left it at that.

The focus of my complaint got off-track because of the picture and people thought I was criticizing how he spent his money

Frozen700

Reaction score

Living up to what Bennett's rant was about - players being all about money and contracts, and not about winning/legacy.

I get it, football is just a job to most players; but it's sad to me that fans now care about team success more than actual members of that team.

It's good Lawrence got paid. He has more money than I'll make in my lifetime.

Some will disagree with me (the usual suspects who I should block just to avoid their annoyances), I expect it. That's cool. But I miss the players like Aikman, Irvin, Romo, etc who would sacrifice anything for the joy and glory of winning a Super Bowl.

Sometimes I wish I could stop caring about the Dallas Cowboys!

Ok and Dak has a Koenigsegg CCXR Trevita that he used to chase after the dudes at the gym.

Means nothing, just a car

#DontpayDak

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This guy is getting hit hundreds of times a game by 300+lb men and yall want to talk about optics and heart and all that mess. Petty.

It's petty to care about the Cowboys winning? We're on a Dallas Cowboys forum, what do you expect?

glimmerman

Reaction score
Honestly, the original picture is irrelevant to my "pettiness" and "reason to complain."

I should have probably just started a topic titled "I wish players cared as much as fans" and left it at that.

The focus of my complaint got off-track because of the picture and people thought I was criticizing how he spent his money
Lol, you perhaps should have posted different. They are coming to the defense of his sweet ride. Lmao. Not laughing at you. I understood what you were getting at.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
A $300K car isn't really rhat bad when he's making pry $10M post-tax a year.

The problem is a lot of rich athletes don't take care of the basics. In that limited window where you have a massive income, you've got to set yourself up for life first. Put 10 mil into mutual funds and T-bills.

Once you have $300K lifetime income coming in no matter what... go crazy.

TonyS

Reaction score
Good for him.
I was at the Xtreme Experience and got to drive a Ferrari 458 Italia and a Lamborghini Huracan. Tried to drive the McClaren, but guy before me put it into Limp Mode and only McClaren can reset it, so it went to the pits.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well you've captured the essence of a jealous middle-aged fan quite nicely. And if you're 27, how in Hades are you lauding Aikman and Irvin as "types" of players to emulate? You were 3 years old when they last won a Super Bowl. Lol. Sounds like you're just regurgitating what you hear around you for the "yeah, he's right" likes.

EXPOSED!!!

So now I know that you don't mind the me-first culture of the NFL, filled with players who couldn't care less about winning Super Bowls.

I'm a fan of the Dallas Cowboys. If I didn't care about them winning, or if I was fine with Cowboys players not caring to win, I'd just not be a fan.

InTheZone

Reaction score
wth does buying a car have anything to do with fans believing they care more than these guys? You have absolutely no idea what goes on in the offseason, in practice, on the field, or on his downtime.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Good for him.
I was at the Xtreme Experience and got to drive a Ferrari 458 Italia and a Lamborghini Huracan. Tried to drive the McClaren, but guy before me put it into Limp Mode and only McClaren can reset it, so it went to the pits.
lol would be funny if topped it off with regular gas which caused the cel.

sean10mm

Reaction score
If the team is winning, everything else is just part of the story. Irvin was a workaholic, but he also selfishly put the team's prospects at risk every time he got into his hookers & blow antics off the field. That's just a fact. But it all worked out so it's all just part of the legend of the 1990s champions instead of a "kids these days grumble grumble" anecdote.

Flamma

Reaction score
Players not being as passionate about winning as the fan base who cheer for them is not unique to Lawrence, the Cowboys or the NFL.

That's just how it is today.

You're right. That's why coaching is that much more important than it has ever been in the past. Back in the day these guys didn't get instantly rich. Now coaches have to struggle to motivate guys into a winning mentality after they've already won. Why does anyone think these players cry sometimes when they get drafted? Because they get to play football? No, because they are hoping to be rich.

glimmerman

Reaction score
You're right. That's why coaching is that much more important than it has ever been in the past. Back in the day these guys didn't get instantly rich. Now coaches have to struggle to motivate guys into a winning mentality after they've already won. Why does anyone think these players cry sometimes when they get drafted? Because they get to play football? No, because they are hoping to be rich.
If they are drafted high enough they just got rich. If I checked my lotto ticket and saw I won about 20 million I would cry to.
Lol

glimmerman

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't see that with DLaw. The man gives all he's got on every play. His motor is about as high paced as the one in that car.
I remember during the amazon show they showed him with his family and he said something about keep grinding and working through the pain so he could get that contract. But watching him I didn’t blame him. He still puts in the work and wants to win. They want to be set for life with that contract. I don’t blame them.
He plays hard every play. I have seen players that already got paid taking plays off. He don’t do that.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
So now I know that you don't mind the me-first culture of the NFL, filled with players who couldn't care less about winning Super Bowls.

I'm a fan of the Dallas Cowboys. If I didn't care about them winning, or if I was fine with Cowboys players not caring to win, I'd just not be a fan.

So buying a vehicle during the season means you know that DLaw or other players don't care about winning? You can see inside their heads and hearts to know this?

The other funny thing is you are a millennial trying to call someone else "me-first." Lol.

For the second time, why are you discussing Aikman and Irvin when you were 3 years old the last time they won a Super Bowl? You can look back at your Sports Almanac to see they won a Super Bowl, but how do you know they didn't get full of themselves and lost heart to win more after that since you can see inside others' heads? I mean, didn't you have this talent from a young age?

Ehf is wrong with you, son?

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
wth does buying a car have anything to do with fans believing they care more than these guys? You have absolutely no idea what goes on in the offseason, in practice, on the field, or on his downtime.
It was a bad attempted representation of the argument that Bennett made in the locker room. I have since learned that I shouldn't have posted it haha