Twitter: Tank just got a big dose of motivation

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
I want to see double digit sacks again this year and then I'll be a real believer. It's all about consistency in life, I don't care what you do.

Last edited:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Tank said it did motivate him. Why would you dispute words that came from the horses mouth?
Well, I guess I stand corrected.

That must mean:

1. DLaw hasn’t given his best effort yet because he apparently has more to give if motivated properly. (e.g. Being left off a list)

2. Garrett’s message of effort and fight haven’t been enough for get DLaws best effort.

Maybe other players need to be left off a list to get motivation and the team will win something.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
You guys are blowing this way out of proportion.

#MotivationMonday is basically an Instagram hashtag used by people who are -

A - back to the grind of the work week on a Monday, and they post something motivational as to why they’re doing what they do.

B - Fitness models who want an excuse to post a picture of they’re ripped male mods or perfect female glutes.

This is a very common phrase on social media.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
You guys are blowing this way out of proportion.

#MotivationMonday is basically an Instagram hashtag used by people who are -

A - back to the grind of the work week on a Monday, and they post something motivational as to why they’re doing what they do.

B - Fitness models who want an excuse to post a picture of they’re ripped male mods or perfect female glutes.

This is a very common phrase on social media.
If you need a shot of reality, go to the medically trained fowl.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Well, I guess I stand corrected.

That must mean:

1. DLaw hasn’t given his best effort yet because he apparently has more to give if motivated properly. (e.g. Being left off a list)

2. Garrett’s message of effort and fight haven’t been enough for get DLaws best effort.

Maybe other players need to be left off a list to get motivation and the team will win something.
Just because you think that would be all the movtiation he needs doesnt make it true. Different things effect people in different ways, thats called being human. I know its hard to think of these millionares as regular humans who need an extra push once in a while... but thats just what they are.

DFWJC

Reaction score
NFL.com just did a "Top 10 pass rushers of 2018" list and he wasn't on it. I know these list don't matter, but it apparently matters to him... 20+ sacks this year, count on it.

So you're saying he wasn't going to play as hard, but this list will make him play harder?
really?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Just because you think that would be all the movtiation he needs doesnt make it true. Different things effect people in different ways, thats called being human. I know its hard to think of these millionares as regular humans who need an extra push once in a while... but thats just what they are.

It's just common sense, if you admit that something motivates you to play harder/better, it means there has been something left in the tank that was previously unused that you can now tap into.

He was motivated up to a certain point prior to the list coming out and now has become more motivated apparently.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
It's just common sense, if you admit that something motivates you to play harder/better, it means there has been something left in the tank that was previously unused that you can now tap into.

He was motivated up to a certain point prior to the list coming out and now has become more motivated apparently.
Yea you're right because nobody ever needed any extra motivation or went over and beyond to do anything.:rolleyes:

cern

Reaction score
His motivation will be making 17 million yearly on a 4-5 year deal with a huge guarantee.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Yea you're right because nobody ever needed any extra motivation or went over and beyond to do anything.:rolleyes:
The reality is there is no "extra" you can give once you've reached 100%. It sounds good, but you can still only give a maximum of 100%. If you claim you're now going to give 110%, it really means you were giving around 90% in the past and just moving up to 100% now. Or maybe you were giving 80%, moving up to 90% with your "extra" motivation, and need even more "extra" motivation to get you to 100%.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I hope every player we have gets snubbed from every top player list if it means additional motivation. I don't care about these things. Just win.
Man! You really ought to find an AVATAR,,, cuz' in a world full of ROWDIES, yer' just another one of them,,,& you got a pretty cool handle,tooo_O

aikemirv

Reaction score
Meh. It's May, whats motivation worth at the moment. Fairly sure he will have forgotten about this by September.

Doubt it, that is a pretty big snub. He was leading the league or close to it for most of the year!

HanD

Reaction score
The reality is there is no "extra" you can give once you've reached 100%. It sounds good, but you can still only give a maximum of 100%. If you claim you're now going to give 110%, it really means you were giving around 90% in the past and just moving up to 100% now. Or maybe you were giving 80%, moving up to 90% with your "extra" motivation, and need even more "extra" motivation to get you to 100%.

the reality is that no one can work at 100% all the time. you will burn out. most people work at a lower percentage. that doesn't mean they aren't working hard. then every once in a while they get that extra little push. it's like running. you can't sprint the whole time. it's called the grind. you run and are pushing hard, but then someone pulls even with you and it pushes just a little bit more.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
the reality is that no one can work at 100% all the time. you will burn out. most people work at a lower percentage. that doesn't mean they aren't working hard. then every once in a while they get that extra little push. it's like running. you can't sprint the whole time. it's called the grind. you run and are pushing hard, but then someone pulls even with you and it pushes just a little bit more.
That is true also.