Tank Lawrence ranked 51 in sacks this season

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Yeah, we pretty much did. Run Stoppers don't make that kind of money so yes, we did pay him for sacks. You can dress it up if you wish but end of day, it won't matter. This is the deal. Fans expect production and that means sacks. If you were correct in your statement, this thread wouldn't be here but it is and it's because he isn't producing sacks. But if you want to talk about the run, that's fine too. I mean, if he were producing sacks, nobody would even be bringing up the run but because he's not, we are talking about it now. That's fine, he's not in the top 10 in tackles either. He's not in the top 10 for DLs, he's not even in the top 10 at DE in tackles. So basically, he's not producing there either, as you might expect a player of his stature to produce.

Dumb fans limit meaningful production to just sacks.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Dumb fans limit meaningful production to just sacks.

Well, here is what I will tell you, you can call fans dumb if you wish but it won't change the narrative. The truly dumb fans were the ones who were on the "Pay The Man" train. Not the ones who are now expecting production after having getting paid. That's the truth of it, like it or not.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Yeah, we pretty much did. Run Stoppers don't make that kind of money so yes, we did pay him for sacks. You can dress it up if you wish but end of day, it won't matter. This is the deal. Fans expect production and that means sacks. If you were correct in your statement, this thread wouldn't be here but it is and it's because he isn't producing sacks. But if you want to talk about the run, that's fine too. I mean, if he were producing sacks, nobody would even be bringing up the run but because he's not, we are talking about it now. That's fine, he's not in the top 10 in tackles either. He's not in the top 10 for DLs, he's not even in the top 10 at DE in tackles. So basically, he's not producing there either, as you might expect a player of his stature to produce.

I didn't just say only run stoppers, I said DEs need to be all-around guys...which is what Lawrence is.

Your statistics don't back you up. Frank Clark got $20 mill as well, and he has one more sack than Lawrence. This crap that only HOF bound DEs get paid top dollar is BS you pulled from your butt.

D-Law got paid what he did because he's great in every aspect - he had 10.5 sacks last season, it's not as though he was putting up some ridiculous numbers.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Well, here is what I will tell you, you can call fans dumb if you wish but it won't change the narrative. The truly dumb fans were the ones who were on the "Pay The Man" train. Not the ones who are now expecting production after having getting paid. That's the truth of it, like it or not.

He is producing.

You can just say "I'm wrong" and move on. It's not that hard. "Fans are stupid, what they are saying is stupid, but you must accept that narrative"

No, I don't and neither should you. Change the narrative to fit reality.

Tussinman

Reaction score
If anything it's impressive that he played like crap the first 5 games but has turned it on so much in the last 7 that he's currently the #2 highest rated cowboys player only behind Zack Martin and is by far are best defender

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I didn't just say only run stoppers, I said DEs need to be all-around guys...which is what Lawrence is.

Your statistics don't back you up. Frank Clark got $20 mill as well, and he has one more sack than Lawrence. This crap that only HOF bound DEs get paid top dollar is BS you pulled from your butt.

D-Law got paid what he did because he's great in every aspect - he had 10.5 sacks last season, it's not as though he was putting up some ridiculous numbers.

Sure, but DLaw just got paid and he is showing neither this year.

You say my statistics don't back me up. OK, what statistics are you talking about? I haven't posted any stats. The problem here is that you want to look at past production to justify his contract and that's not how fans will look at it. They don't care what happened last year. They care about this year, the next game. The crap about HOF boud DE's getting paid is your crap, it's not mine. I never said one thing about that.

DLaw has never been great in every aspect. That's not true. He's had up and down seasons his entire career. That's the truth.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Sure, but DLaw just got paid and he is showing neither this year.

You say my statistics don't back me up. OK, what statistics are you talking about? I haven't posted any stats. The problem here is that you want to look at past production to justify his contract and that's not how fans will look at it. They don't care what happened last year. They care about this year, the next game. The crap about HOF boud DE's getting paid is your crap, it's not mine. I never said one thing about that.

DLaw has never been great in every aspect. That's not true. He's had up and down seasons his entire career. That's the truth.

D-Law is doing well in literally every single category WHILE going up against double teams lol

With your logic, Robert Quinn should get paid the big bucks because of his sack total. It's just ridiculous, man. You're just wrong. There isn't much else to this. The dude is playing at a high level, the market right now shows he earned his contract.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
He is producing.

You can just say "I'm wrong" and move on. It's not that hard. "Fans are stupid, what they are saying is stupid, but you must accept that narrative"

No, I don't and neither should you. Change the narrative to fit reality.

Your reality? I don't think so. I mean, you can say whatever you want but after 8 hours on this board, when you are still arguing that you can change the narrative and there are still 10 posters hammering you over it, that will be your answer. You aren't changing anything because they know what's up. He got paid and that means you are expected to produce. You may not think it's fair or whatever but you ain't changing jack. That ain't happening and it won't until he produces which basically proves the point of all of those "Dumb Fans" you claim are out there.

Just the way it is.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
D-Law is doing well in literally every single category WHILE going up against double teams lol

With your logic, Robert Quinn should get paid the big bucks because of his sack total. It's just ridiculous, man. You're just wrong. There isn't much else to this. The dude is playing at a high level, the market right now shows he earned his contract.

Go find the guy who cares about your double team story. Talk to him about this stuff. DLaw is getting outplayed by a guy who just joined the team and for what it's worth, Quinn probably will get big bucks of his sack total. It's not more ridiculous then the whole "Pay The Man" stuff we saw with DLaw. If you were riding that train, then you have no room to talk. If you weren't then you should already know the score and you wouldn't be having this argument right now. Swim up stream if you wish but all you will accomplish is dying tired.

kwcool619

Reaction score
It may be opening things up for Quinn having Lawrence playing at a high level.

Quinn hasn't been good in a long time.

Did you notice the NT for the Texans, D. J. Reader, on Sunday Night? Gave the Pats OLine fits. Now imagine him on the 'Boys. Lawrence and Quinn would have even more opportunities. But good old Marinelli refuses to have a Big Dog in the middle.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Go find the guy who cares about your double team story. Talk to him about this stuff. DLaw is getting outplayed by a guy who just joined the team and for what it's worth, Quinn probably will get big bucks of his sack total. It's not more ridiculous then the whole "Pay The Man" stuff we saw with DLaw. If you were riding that train, then you have no room to talk. If you weren't then you should already know the score and you wouldn't be having this argument right now. Swim up stream if you wish but all you will accomplish is dying tired.

Whether I can find a smart fan out of a million stupid ones doesn't change the fact that D-Law got paid what the market was dictating - players like D-Law and Frank Clark aren't HOF players, they are great players, but still got the contract they did. When other better DE lineman contracts are up, the market will look different and D-Law's contract won't be close to the top.

Double team matters when he's getting more attention, one of the most in the league actually, but still performing at a high level lol I want you to go through the top 4-3 DEs right now that have big contracts and show me which is performing better than D-Law.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Whether I can find a smart fan out of a million stupid ones doesn't change the fact that D-Law got paid what the market was dictating - players like D-Law and Frank Clark aren't HOF players, they are great players, but still got the contract they did. When other better DE lineman contracts are up, the market will look different and D-Law's contract won't be close to the top.

Double team matters when he's getting more attention, one of the most in the league actually, but still performing at a high level lol I want you to go through the top 4-3 DEs right now that have big contracts and show me which is performing better than D-Law.

So where do you see yourself on this million to one scale you got going on? Are you smart or stupid? Go ahead, fight with whomever you can find who will argue with you. I've told you the truth. You can accept it or you can find somebody to argue with. That's not me. I value my time more then that. I don't care about Clark or Lawrence and if they are HOF players or not. That's your thing, I don't care. It is not relevant to anything. When other DLineman get paid, then you can tell your story about how the market looks different. Today is not that day and you can go ahead and try to tell that story if you wish but it won't work. He's not producing based on his salary. The fact that you try and base this on other 43 DEs who got paid is case in point. Why would I care about any of those other guys? They are example of exactly what everybody tried to tell you. So you go ahead, find somebody to argue that point with you. It's not me because I tried to tell everybody it was a bad idea.

Pull my other leg, it plays jingle bells.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
So where do you see yourself on this million to one scale you got going on? Are you smart or stupid? Go ahead, fight with whomever you can find who will argue with you. I've told you the truth. You can accept it or you can find somebody to argue with. That's not me. I value my time more then that. I don't care about Clark or Lawrence and if they are HOF players or not. That's your thing, I don't care. It is not relevant to anything. When other DLineman get paid, then you can tell your story about how the market looks different. Today is not that day and you can go ahead and try to tell that story if you wish but it won't work. He's not producing based on his salary. The fact that you try and base this on other 43 DEs who got paid is case in point. Why would I care about any of those other guys? They are example of exactly what everybody tried to tell you. So you go ahead, find somebody to argue that point with you. It's not me because I tried to tell everybody it was a bad idea.

Pull my other leg, it plays jingle bells.

Again, you are just wrong nor does the market right now agree with what you're saying. I don't know how else to put it, not sure if it's an ego thing or what, but just a simple "Okay, I was wrong" would work here. You don't ALWAYS have to argue, there is a point you can swallow your pride and just be on your way.

Proof

Reaction score
Again, you are just wrong nor does the market right now agree with what you're saying. I don't know how else to put it, not sure if it's an ego thing or what, but just a simple "Okay, I was wrong" would work here. You don't ALWAYS have to argue, there is a point you can swallow your pride and just be on your way.

he's not arguing. he doesn't have the time nor the inclination to argue. can't you see there are multiple posts already not arguing with you? This is silly, just understand that he is correct, and you are incorrect so that he doesn't have to waste his time any further totally not arguing with you.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

If you say so. You have all day to make everybody see that you are right. Good luck with that.