Twitter: Tank looking for that Money

Plumfool

Reaction score
I encourage you to research it. Maybe your family member is mistaken. Maybe deaf people are tired
of correcting signers in conversation.

I know where the supposed devil horns originated from in the context that 99% of people that have made that gesture.
The short answer is Heavy Metal music. Then factor in all those who proudly throw up the horns for there beloved Longhorns
and the number of satanic nut jobs and, ironically those freaked out by those nut jobs are the only people believing
in this nonsense. If people want to get their panties in a bunch over maybe 2 dozen people across the country, living
in granny's basement, by all means, be triggered. I do hope you're not the church lady... lol.

I’m comfortable with my sign language since I use it everyday thanks.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
no sacks against ANY eventual playoffs teams after week 3

no sacks in playoffs

and 3 against Detroit and stills only managed 10.5

D "fade late" Law

not worth breaking the bank over...

He was injured most of the season. The guy is a stud. Sadly though, our hands are tied. And Jones doesnt help on how much he praises these players. Gives them big heads. Doing the same thing with Dak.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I’m comfortable with my sign language since I use it everyday thanks.

I gave you information from American Sign Language that clarifies that "devil horns" is
unrelated to "ILY".

But hey, they do say ignorance is bliss. Carry on... lol.

keds

Reaction score
Ridiculous, the history of it has nothing to do with the devil, quite the opposite actually. The only people that made it that way are people like you, no offense. I’ll take the “horns” over Zeke’s dumb feed me gesture that could also be interpreted in a not so “family” friendly way, haha.

"I need you money" Lawrence says in his video... so the guy wants his money... its about the money, I get it... he'll get his money I'm sure.. no grudges from me... I have enough money to live on... not a big fan of his anymore...

aria

Reaction score
"I need you money" Lawrence says in his video... so the guy wants his money... its about the money, I get it... he'll get his money I'm sure.. no grudges from me... I have enough money to live on... not a big fan of his anymore...
That’s fine, I’m not arguing with you on that. I was simply correcting you on a gesture that you considered offensive based on a big misconception.

RoboQB

Reaction score
In Italian culture it is a curse.... it is "Screw you..I curse you so your wife cuckolds you" hence the horms....Cornuto

The single Italian Horn worn by males can ward off the curse or the malocchio or evil eye

We can all thank Ronnie James Dio's grandmother. He used his Italian grandmother's
gesture on stage when he joined Black Sabbath. Then, all the church ladies came out screaming
"devil worshippers!"... lol.

He also recorded a song called Evil Eye... Just a little stroll down metal memory lane for me... lol.

Plumfool

Reaction score
I gave you information from American Sign Language that clarifies that "devil horns" is
unrelated to "ILY".

But hey, they do say ignorance is bliss. Carry on... lol.

Last thing I will say on this. The reason there is no confusion, is because the sign for the devil isn’t similar. Researching ASL as you said you did you know doubt found out that ASL is complex. Even within regions there are variances. So to try and indicate one is right and one is wrong is arrogance at its best.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Last thing I will say on this. The reason there is no confusion, is because the sign for the devil isn’t similar. Researching ASL as you said you did you know doubt found out that ASL is complex. Even within regions there are variances. So to try and indicate one is right and one is wrong is arrogance at its best.

What ever you sign, fella. I'm giving you a sign right now... lol.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
When Lawrence played on the tag, he was taking a huge risk. That money was not guaranteed against injury. Let's say he got hurt in week three and missed the rest of the year. That would have cost him around $14 million.

And on top of that he would have been entering this offseason as damaged goods and would not get the kind of money he would have otherwise. Lawrence played "good soldier" for the Cowboys and it worked out for him.

I agree with you that the money thing in sports is sad, but let's try to look at this from Lawrence's perspective. He does the same thing guys like Khalil Mack and Olivier Vernon do and should get paid as much as they do, too.
Huh?

He gets paid the full contract whether he plays or not.

keds

Reaction score
That’s fine, I’m not arguing with you on that. I was simply correcting you on a gesture that you considered offensive based on a big misconception.
When I see that hand gesture I think of devil horns not the love sign... people who practice satanism flash a nearly identical hand sign... you can take from it what you want... don't need to lecture me...
When I hear the talk of money from Lawrence I don't sense that he's a humble guy, I'm getting the feeling he's a selfish guy... I'm getting the vibe that he's a wordly guy, seeking the things of this world, not of what is beyond this world...

aria

Reaction score
When I see that hand gesture I think of devil horns not the love sign... people who practice satanism flash a nearly identical hand sign... you can take from it what you want... don't need to lecture me...
When I hear the talk of money from Lawrence I don't sense that he's a humble guy, I'm getting the feeling he's a selfish guy... I'm getting the vibe that he's a wordly guy, seeking the things of this world, not of what is beyond this world...
Not lecturing you, I’m informing someone who is misinformed. When I see people like you, I see people who are closed minded and stereotype others.

If you don’t like Dlaw because he wants more money, fine, but this other wordly stuff is more of your assumptions based on things you know nothing about unless you know him personally. Based on what you’ve said so far, perhaps you should stick to other sites that cater more to the type of people you obviously seek.

Flamma

Reaction score
So you'd rather pay less for a bunch of mediocre players than more for one of your best players?

You have to have talent to win even if you get good coaching. If you want to replace Lawrence with a player just as talented, I'm all for that, but you're going to have to pay for that too. The only way not to pay is to keep drafting replacements, and that keeps you from fixing other positions that need a talent infusion too.

I have no problem paying him. But I'd let him walk before paying him Khalil Mack or Donald money. Simply isn't worth it. Let some other team pay him that.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
17m last year and another 20m this year guaranteed the moment he signs the FT

Hard to respect him whining about getting paid ......38m for 2 years and he would still be a UFA at year end
You are definitely right.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Aren't you the "capologist" that didn't even know the team had an option on Hurns for this season??? :laugh:

And if defensive ends are judged entirely on sacks alone, that would mean Charles Haley wasn't worth much. You know, except for being one of the main reasons we won those championships and all ...:rolleyes:
Did you know JLooney and JThomas have contract options too???.... due on March 12th.....OMG

keds

Reaction score
Not lecturing you, I’m informing someone who is misinformed. When I see people like you, I see people who are closed minded and stereotype others.

If you don’t like Dlaw because he wants more money, fine, but this other wordly stuff is more of your assumptions based on things you know nothing about unless you know him personally. Based on what you’ve said so far, perhaps you should stick to other sites that cater more to the type of people you obviously seek.

I didn't say I didn't like him personally... you're running fast and loose with your words... he comes across as selfish like lots of other people in sports and entertainment these days... not a fan of that behavior...

We live in a world of duality unless you're under the delusion that we don't... up and down, black and white, selfish or humble, good and evil... these aren't assumptions... these are verifable truths...

So if you want to censor me by telling me to go to another site... not happening bro... not being able to present a strong counter-argument, you resort to putting me into a box and labeling me... not gonna work on me...

aria

Reaction score
I didn't say I didn't like him personally... you're running fast and loose with your words... he comes across as selfish like lots of other people in sports and entertainment these days... not a fan of that behavior...

We live in a world of duality unless you're under the delusion that we don't... up and down, black and white, selfish or humble, good and evil... these aren't assumptions... these are verifable truths...

So if you want to censor me by telling me to go to another site... not happening bro... not being able to present a strong counter-argument, you resort to putting me into a box and labeling me... not gonna work on me...
Did you not say you weren’t “a big fan of his due to flashing the devils horns...not family friendly”? That sounds pretty personal. You also criticized him for wanting more money and said “...he's a wordly guy, seeking the things of this world, not of what is beyond this world...” which we all know goes against your PERSONAL beliefs.

The “qualities” you mentioned are not at all verifiable without a verifiable definition. What you probably consider evil, I may consider having fun. What you may consider selfish I may consider humble, or vice versa. I think you’re probably a good person with good intentions but you live in a very sheltered, one dimensional, closed minded world...no offense.