Tank talk, just listen to it this week

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Before the year I had NO & KC.

I'm switching to GB & KC as of now.. Rodgers just has that look.

AFC will be tough though for any team.

KC/Pitt./Bills are all legit.

Titans play a 50/50 brand of football so the coin could land on their side any Sunday.

NFC is too tough to call.
I had GB & BAL at the start of the season although KC kept more pieces to a SB team than any since FA come into being. That was more just wishful thinking because I don't like Reid, Hill, Mahomes or Kelce.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Well they do share the same building as the Giants and there is a certain coach who was terrible at situational play calling that use to coach here. I mean he iced his own kicker. Just saying.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I had GB & BAL at the start of the season although KC kept more pieces to a SB team than any since FA come into being. That was more just wishful thinking because I don't like Reid, Hill, Mahomes or Kelce.
What’s not to like about Mahomes? His skills have few peers.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Lets see, 13 seconds left in the game, your opponent is at the 50 yard line and no timeouts, what do you do if you are the DC?

How about lets blitz the house and play man to man single coverage with no safety help against one of the fastest WRs in the NFL. Yeah, that is the perfect play call!!!

I'm sorry, but that is beyond stupid, that is like a special kind of stupid that literally leaves you speechless. Not surprised at all the Jets chit canned the DC this morning, there is just no way to defend this call, its literally so bad its a fireable offense on the spot.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
If you watched that replay at the end of the Jets-Raiders game, you know what tank talk is all about and it's going to get really loud this week.

Rodney Harrison is already calling for the HC and DC to be fired and he will be joined by many others. Doesn't even matter if they were ordered to lose games, they set this up for a lot of questions and maybe a few from the league office.

That was blatantly poor execution of tanking against a team still playing for a playoff spot and one game out of that 7th spot due to a team purposefully setting up a loss at the end of the game.

If that wasn't on purpose, they should both be fired for being stupidly incompetent.
I have no issues with the Jets doing whatever they have to to improve themselves.

Frankly..we are in the same boat. While we sit and argue who did or didn't do something correctly..

one of the biggest issues for us is continual
going 8-8 and doing 10-6 or 9-7 and then losing in the playoffs so quickly.

It keeps us drafting in the lower half of the draft each year and has forced the FO to try to draft less than solid player with our picks.

Guys like Jaylon Smith and Taco and Hill and other guys that fell in the draft become our poster boys.Add to that guys like Aldon Smith and a few others like Gregory are also the same risk-reward formulas.

Tank fits in here with his injuries and suspensions. Now he has been paid and he is not worth his contract.

Zeke is right there as in not being worth his cap hit. And let's not talk about Dak pulling $32 mil and played 5 games before collecting his checks from a hospital bed.

When our headline players are not headliners but rather Electrolux vacuums sucking all our cap..

those mediocre years really take their toll.

So I see that the best way to get better is to lose for a few years and use the draft picks to really draft the talent. Our problem is we lose a little then draft a few good players and we improve but not for long and then have to do it all over again.

So use the draft but use it for a real infusion of new players and go forward. Quick fixes are just that.

Quick and temporary.

Not good enough.

So tank, lose, choke whatever. But do it with a plan.

:huh: