Tank the season to go after Trevor Lawrence at QB? Thread **merged**

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Hey guys, because the front office gave out bad contracts, we should not give out a good contract to a Top-10 (or better) QB.

In fact, only draft guys and keep them on rookie deals only. We should always have the cap room available so that ownership has the chance to hand out more bad contracts to OTHER TEAM rejects.

DUH!!!!!!!!

Bozo and his band of clowns just get more and more desperate.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Who else on their team is making money?

It's why Seattle is finally doing well again with Wilson.. Who else is getting paid for Seattle?

In Dallas.. Everyone has got paid.

And who was the bozo advocating that we overpay for Zeke and then defending the move for two years on here?

Last edited:

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
So I side with untruths, but no one has been able to supply me with actual facts about dak wanting $33MM. Im open to the idea that im wrong, as it wouldnt be the first time, but show me instead of just being a dick.

Its a ridiculous argument at this point because its the past now, im just not sure why I'm getting roasted here. I stand by my belief that dak gets 40+ per year, unless he has complications from his injury. Hes about to be a free agent after 2021, and has 32 teams bidding for his services.

You did it again. Really think every team in the league will be after Dak?

Think.

You started it. I wasn't directing anything towards you.

You look it up. It's there. You post a lie and I'M supposed to do the leg work for you?

At least I know what kind of poster you are.

I wasn't being condescending with my last post. I was trying to relay how easy rumors and partial truths get started and treated as gospel. Apologies if I came off half cocked. Thanks for the name calling tho. You really should read the rules of this sight. You could get banned. If that matters.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
2-14 isn't good enough to get the #1 overall. Might be good enough to get the Oregon LT though.

cern

Reaction score
Stop with the excuse.

We made Romo the richest NFL player ever...yet by 2016, as many here claims, Dak Prescott "was handed a Championship Roster...probably the best ever roster in the NFL!!!"

Dak is not even asking to be the richest player in NFL history.

We were able to give Romo his money...and give him such an amazing Roster, that, again according to many here, "a 4th round terrible rookie QB was made to look far better than he really was."

Did for Romo...do it for Dak. No excuses.
I'm talking about a business decision. Don't know where the "excuse" enters the conversation. We now have highest paid guard in zack, rb in zeke, dl in Lawrence, wr in cooper, etc. Just resigned collins, jaylon. Just not the same situation as romo. Unless you're just making excuses.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Pay attention. Dak wasn't asking for 40 million.

As far as we all can semi- assume......it was contract duration. Not 40 million.

That's the point.

Half truths to bolster an agenda seems to be the norm around here.

Sad really.......
in our world today where "Alternative facts," exist, you are somehow surprised that is the norm today?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Do you deny it?

I've been complimentary of Zeke as a player..

In general i'm always anti pay runningback.

If I ever at any point strayed away from what I believe about paying a RB it was because I was giving in to the idea of how the Jones's operate.

@Hennessy_King and I had arguments all the time about paying Elliot along with @ABQCOWBOY .

I am anti pay runningbacks.

I was anti pay Demarco.. This goes back with me before Zeke.

Rb is a dime a dozen position.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
I'm talking about a business decision. Don't know where the "excuse" enters the conversation. We now have highest paid guard in zack, rb in zeke, dl in Lawrence, wr in cooper, etc. Just resigned collins, jaylon. Just not the same situation as romo. Unless you're just making excuses.

We made Romo the highest paid player ever...and then gave him an elite roster according to many of you by at least 2016.

So there is ZERO excuse to make Dak a top 5 (and quickly surpassed by the Jacksons, Allens, and maybe Bakers of the world) and still not get him an elite roster.

You are making excuses to try to justify your opinion that we should get rid of Dak for financial reasons. When, I am almost positive, that you wanted to get rid of Dak when he was making less money in a full year than his peers was making in one game.

Cut the crap.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Has anyone in the media posed this scenario to Jerry Jones? It would be interesting getting Jones on record now (following the contract impasse with Prescott and his franchise quarterback's injury) and witnessing what he actually does during the draft this spring.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
in our world today where "Alternative facts," exist, you are somehow surprised that is the norm today?
Where did I commit to surprise?

The only thing surprising is people take everything they read as the truth. Then they abuse it to favor their opinion.

Opinions are bad enough stand alone.

cern

Reaction score
We made Romo the highest paid player ever...and then gave him an elite roster according to many of you by at least 2016.

So there is ZERO excuse to make Dak a top 5 (and quickly surpassed by the Jacksons, Allens, and maybe Bakers of the world) and still not get him an elite roster.

You are making excuses to try to justify your opinion that we should get rid of Dak for financial reasons. When, I am almost positive, that you wanted to get rid of Dak when he was making less money in a full year than his peers was making in one game.

Cut the crap.
Argumentum ad hominem suggests you like to argue. Not that your arguments have merit. My opinion is my own. You're the one trying to prove you're right. I really don't care what you think. Football decisions vs business decisions.

cern

Reaction score
Has anyone in the media posed this scenario to Jerry Jones? It would be interesting getting Jones on record now (following the contract impasse with Prescott and his franchise quarterback's injury) and witnessing what he actually does during the draft this spring.
No way Jerry would answer this question directly. Expect a deluge of ambiguity.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
Its time to start drafting bama fat boys in the middle of our dline

It surprises me that we have had none considering red heads infatuation with nick saban

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No way Jerry would answer this question directly. Expect a deluge of ambiguity.
I would settle for deluge. That alone would be enough material to spark 125 threads of pseudo quarterback controversy between now and April. Minimum.

cern

Reaction score
I would settle for deluge. That alone would be enough material to spark 125 threads of pseudo quarterback controversy between now and April. Minimum.
Lol. That it would. Doubt you could roll them all into one thread.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Ok. 35 million/year. I was wrong about 33. I don’t know why that was stuck in my head. Even so, the difference between that and 35 is negligible to me as far as cap math goes. Would I balk at Dak giving the team a cap friendly deal similar to what Brady would do occasionally in NE? No. Of course I would like that as a fan but Dak doesn’t owe anybody anything and these kids need to strike while the iron is hot. Dak’s injury is proof of that.
I'm not even sure what we are arguing about anymore because it seems we are pretty close to being on the same page haha.