Tank the season to go after Trevor Lawrence at QB? Thread **merged**

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Have you got anything to say that makes decent sense?
Or do you just want to argue about my opinion vs your opinion?

Clue you in: I don't do that nonsense. If you want to argue about starting Russell Wilson at Safety call Seattle and tell them how much you care.
Otherwise you're talking nonsense that no coach would listen too.
I will bow out if you arent smart enough to see the pint I was making. It wasnt to put Russel Wilson at safety, it was saying that it makes ZERO difference on that teams record. That defense sucks, but they are still 5-1. How? because of who they have behind center, thats how. Now because of who they have playing LB, Safety, or DE.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You guys keep saying "Dak should be paid," please explain to me how the deal the Cowboys offered wasnt paying Dak?
He didn’t accept the offer so basically he isn’t under contract. Just offering a fair or good deal isn’t enough if he doesn’t sign it.

Prob needed closer to 40 million to get a deal done.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
He didn’t accept the offer so basically he isn’t under contract. Just offering a fair or good deal isn’t enough if he doesn’t sign it.

Prob needed closer to 40 million to get a deal done.
Hes not under contract? wa she playing on a weekly deal? Hell be under contract next year also.

garyo1954

Reaction score
I will bow out if you arent smart enough to see the pint I was making. It wasnt to put Russel Wilson at safety, it was saying that it makes ZERO difference on that teams record. That defense sucks, but they are still 5-1. How? because of who they have behind center, thats how. Now because of who they have playing LB, Safety, or DE.

If you get a pint, let me know.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
well if he could stay healthy, they could start russel wilson on defense at Safety and it wouldt change their record one bit. Team sport>?? Sure, as long as you have a damn good qb.

Name me the top 10 teams in the NFL in your opinion. Lets see how many have avg behind center. Can it happen? sure..... because as I pointed out, about once every 7 years an avg Joe wins a SB.
Dak isn’t considered average anymore. Most experts and analysts rank him in the top 10. There’s several rankings out there to support.

And his passing stats certainly support as such regardless how prolific of a passer we believe him to be. I’ve been a critic throughout but there’s no denying how critical he is to this offense. Is he enough to be Elite. Maybe not but we are total crap without him. Kinda reminds me of Romo era.

garyo1954

Reaction score
anyone that isnt smart enough to see a typo, and then wants to pop off about it.... thats says all you need to know. Good day

Go back and read my pint before you try to pint out to me who make the mistake.
Need me to pint you in the right direction?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Franchise Tag isn’t considered under contract. Surely you understand the difference.
when you sign the franchise deal, that IS A CONTRACT.... surely you understand the meaning of a contract? Its pretty basic actually. Offer, acceptance, consideration.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Dak isn’t considered average anymore. Most experts and analysts rank him in the top 10. There’s several rankings out there to support.

And his passing stats certainly support as such regardless how prolific of a passer we believe him to be. I’ve been a critic throughout but there’s no denying how critical he is to this offense. Is he enough to be Elite. Maybe not but we are total crap without him. Kinda reminds me of Romo era.

I wasnt implying Dak was avg, and just like you, I have accepted the fact, that his play and what this team on offense looks like with and without him clearly shows he is not avg. Now elite? I guess youd have to set the parameters of what elite is before you can say he is or is not that. IMO, Elite means you win 9 to 10 or more games almost every year regardless of who is on the team. Big Ben, Rodgers, Wilson all seem to be in that group. If Dak didnt have those turnovers, we could have been 4 or 5 and 0 even with how crappy the defense is.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
when you sign the franchise deal, that IS A CONTRACT.... surely you understand the meaning of a contract? Its pretty basic actually. Offer, acceptance, consideration.
Of course. But ordinarily a contract is defined beyond the Franchise Tag. And why it’s called as such.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Well.. Fortunately I always said Dak was better than Dalton.

My QB evaluations over the years have been ridiculously good.. Someone should actually be paying me.

But if you want to grade me on a scale of not being perfect about Dalton then go ahead.

I think any football guy wouldn't just look at this and blame Dalton. Dalton to me is way down the list.

In terms of he vs Dak.. Neither one is changing the outcomes of games. They aren't that type of player.

And before me saying that upsets you please let me point out for the millionth time.. Dak is a better player than Dalton.

I guess I just like my L's to be cheaper.

What you said was the Dak was 'slightly better" than Dalton and you predicted the offense would run both better and more efficiently under Dalton. In fact you even went as far as to say that the Cowboys would be better under Dalton, make the playoffs, and that Daltons play would "make the defense better".

AS far as your evaluations, I would pay a hill of beans for them.

Better get used to Dak because he isn't going anywhere. He will be tearing up NFL defenses for a while in Dallas.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Of course. But ordinarily a contract is defined beyond the Franchise Tag. And why it’s called as such.
it is in fact a contract... a 1 year contract where the parameters of the contract are set by the league and the position the player plays. But, it is in fact a contract.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Lawrence is not the only good QB in the draft.Fields and Lance will go top 8 too.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And with their no 1 pick in the 2021 draft, the Cowboys select QB...... ........?

113261173.jpg

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Lawrence is not the only good QB in the draft.Fields and Lance will go top 8 too.

Lance needs a lot of work.

Fields, to me, plays exactly like Dak but with more athleticism. I need to watch more of both though.

I would like a QB with more arm talent and Fields to me just looks like Dak Prescott with a higher ceiling and lower floor.

Lance looks like Mahomes without the arm talent.

Lawrence is just on another level in terms of upside.

Playmaker247

Reaction score
Lance needs a lot of work.

Fields, to me, plays exactly like Dak but with more athleticism. I need to watch more of both though.

I would like a QB with more arm talent and Fields to me just looks like Dak Prescott with a higher ceiling and lower floor.

Lance looks like Mahomes without the arm talent.

Lawrence is just on another level in terms of upside.
Well your history shows you aren't good at evaluating QB's so maybe cowboys should draft whoever you say they shouldn't lol

Motorola

Reaction score
Houston is not awful. They’re schedule opens up a lot after this. They’ve played pretty much every super bowl contender this season. Don’t forget they play the Jags twice too. They will get some wins under their belt. We might not get #1 but we’ll def be top 3. I see Vikes, FALCONS and BENGALS winning more games.

only teams that could possibly beat us out for top picks are the Jags and Jets.
I would like AmeriChill to point our the future victories of ATL and CIN.
Falcons remaining opponents:
Panthers, Saints 2x, Bucs 2x, the AFC West - Broncos, Chargers, Raiders , Chiefs.
Bengals remaining opponents:
Texans, Dolphins, Titans, Ravens, Steelers 2x, Giants, Football Team,
and....Cowboys.

basel90

Reaction score
  • Select Lawrence or Justin Feilds saves 25 million a year on cap for 4 years . Paying dak and playing him won't change anything on field. Dak at 35 mil ++ is a death kiss for this team.
  • Trade Dak or get picks for him .
  • Trade 1 WR at least for a safety or OL DT
  • Use the cap to Fix the DL OL CB Safety