Tank the season to go after Trevor Lawrence at QB? Thread **merged**

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Lance needs a lot of work.

Fields, to me, plays exactly like Dak but with more athleticism. I need to watch more of both though.

I would like a QB with more arm talent and Fields to me just looks like Dak Prescott with a higher ceiling and lower floor.

Lance looks like Mahomes without the arm talent.

Lawrence is just on another level in terms of upside.
Why would anyone take you seriously?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

phildadon86

Reaction score

Diehardblues

Reaction score
it is in fact a contract... a 1 year contract where the parameters of the contract are set by the league and the position the player plays. But, it is in fact a contract.
Sure but we don’t consider a Franchise Tag to be a “player under contract.” Perhaps you do.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I would like AmeriChill to point our the future victories of ATL and CIN.
Falcons remaining opponents:
Panthers, Saints 2x, Bucs 2x, the AFC West - Broncos, Chargers, Raiders , Chiefs.
Bengals remaining opponents:
Texans, Dolphins, Titans, Ravens, Steelers 2x, Giants, Football Team,
and....Cowboys.

Bengals might win against the Football Team. They aren’t that great of a team. We make every team look great. With that one win, that will put them above us.

Atlanta: chargers, Broncos, and panthers are winnable games.

Dallas will not win another game. They are done.

basel90

Reaction score
You know, I stay away from the "generational talent" hype as much as possible.

Better yet, lets look at some of the best QBs in the NFL in the modern era:
  • Tom Brady - 6th Round Pick
  • Aaron Rodgers - 24th overall? Teams were mixed if he was better than Alex Smith or not
  • Patrick Mahomes - 10th overall? 2nd QB taken? The guy was taken after Mitch Tribisky, who went 2nd overall
  • Russell Wilson - 3rd Round pick
  • Drew Brees - 2nd Round pick

NO ONE called any of the above, QBs "generational talents". Yet each one of them has been considered by the majority of people as the best QBs in the NFL at some point in their careers.

Speaking of the Colts, they drafted Andrew Luck, and he was considered a "generational talent", to replace the "broken down" Peyton Manning. Yet, Luck never got to the Super Bowl and only made it to a single AFCCG while Manning got to 2 more Super Bowls with the Broncos.

I guess replacing a "very good QB" with a "generational talent" didn't quite work out for the Colts.

Just sayin'
Dak would not have changed the outcome of the games against arizona or washington . just like Dalton , he would have been hurt or looked very mediocre with that OL . Anyone can see this ,. The issue is not Dak or Dalton . The issue here is cap space and making the right trades. This team needs A LOT of new talent,

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Listen.. I think some of you may lack basic comprehension skills so I can’t keep posting the same things over and over for you..

So just whatever you believe that you think that I think I’ll let you think it.

Do you need me to repost your Dak and Dalton cheat sheet again?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Stop hiding behind the offensive line problems and admit that there is an astronomical drop off from Dak to dalton then. Dak seemed to make it work.

Dak is a slightly above average player and Dalton is slightly below average. That’s my opinion.

Dalton has not been as much of an issue as the rest of the team has..

Neither guy changes the outcomes of games.

I’ve always said Dak is better because he just is.

So I guess I what I was wrong about was...

Wait.. I said Dak is better already what is it.. Oh um Dak is better? Wait no....Ummm

Dak is astronomically better at losing games than Dalton is.. His Ls are much more awesome.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Dak is a slightly above average player and Dalton is slightly below average. That’s my opinion.

Dalton has not been as much of an issue as the rest of the team has..

Neither guy changes the outcomes of games.

I’ve always said Dak is better because he just is.

So I guess I what I was wrong about was...

Wait.. I said Dak is better already what is it.. Oh um Dak is better? Wait no....Ummm

Dak is astronomically better at losing games than Dalton is.. His Ls are much more awesome.
Wins and losses are not a quarterback stat you imbecile. You win and lose as a team. Keep reverting back to that argument though. You lose what little credibility you have left.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Think Lawrence wants any of this mess?

QB isn't the problem, Prescott is the only one with heart and he is the soul of this team, they're falling apart without him and his leadership.

Think Lawrence isn't going to get clobbered? Think Gallup and Lamb aren't going to drop passes? Think Cooper isn't going to play like he just got paid? Think that D will tackle better?

The problems with this team are not the QB, Lawrence would flounder with this team.

You sound as if we were a good team when Dak went down. Having Dak just means the scoreboard's closer.

Im not adverse to giving Dak a longer contract where he's paid less in the next two years, however, if that's not signed by the draft I cant see any other option than to draft a QB and run down the bad contracts.

The worse case scenario is we give Dak a 3 year contract and we continue restructuring the bad contracts just to free up a couple of million to get bottom of the barrel free agents.

Every number 1 pick goes to a team in crisis, he would possibly flourish behind our healthy O-Line.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Anything but Dak Right? It's amazing some people can't just admit they were wrong and that Dak is a top 5 QB in the league.....but hey keep pushing your agenda no matter how much the facts make you look amazingly dumb...yes lets ship a top 5 QB out and bet on a rookie thats the smart thing to do.....he'll you better get some new WR's because these must suck because they can't "carry a team" or "make thier QB better"...because "any QB could win with this offense" ...seriously these are things you guys say and it is now hitting home because Dak isn't here to clean it up ......

Motorola

Reaction score
The road to Trevor Lawrence currently has a lot of traffic going in same direction as Dallas. One team winless, 6 teams with one victory, and 5 teams besides the Cowboys with 2 wins.
A long way to travel for all involved --- either 9 or 10 games left to play (not just for them but the entire league).
And even with the two added playoffs spots, there already are 7 teams in each conference with records of 4-2 or better. You can bet those squads will do their best to rack up wins against the bad teams...thus keeping a top five draft pick spot up for grabs.