Tapper was waived by the Jets on Friday

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Tapper was waived by the Jets on Friday.

Analysis: So far, Tapper's only regular-season NFL action came in two games with the Cowboys in the 2017 season -- the Oklahoma product logged three total tackles and a sack over 36 defensive snaps. The 26-year-old signed with the Jets on Jan. 5, but now will have to look elsewhere to continue his professional career.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
So, esteemed mate, we should get the pitchforks?
I have graver doubts about elder personnel and overrated vets.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Analysis: So far, Tapper's only regular-season NFL action came in two games with the Cowboys in the 2017 season -- the Oklahoma product logged three total tackles and a sack over 36 defensive snaps. The 26-year-old signed with the Jets on Jan. 5, but now will have to look elsewhere to continue his professional career.

LOL.........Another guy I used to laugh at when the homers kept saying how much "potential" he had. Cant forget all the times that people talked about how Tapper was going to have a breakout year and that he would change the pass rush. LOL

He was an ever worse prospect then the horrid Soft Taco.

Chaz Green, Soft Taco, Tapper are all in the same category in that regard.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I thought Tapper would stick but too many injuries.

Forget the injuries, the guy never had the talent to play in the NFL. Not sure why ANYONE thought he had anything. I think he flew around the corner one game in the preseason on some 3rd stringer and people saw that and started having wet dreams. LOL

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Tapper is a guy I was dead wrong about. I thought he would be a 10 sack per season player by this point. He was definitely an elite athlete, I really thought he would be an above average player.

Why? Please tell me why.

Hadenough

Reaction score

And Dallas held onto this guy for how long! That just goes to show you how this organization takes forever to figure out if a player is any good!

John813

Reaction score
And Dallas held onto this guy for how long! That just goes to show you how this organization takes forever to figure out if a player is any good!

2 years is too long?

Especially when he's on ir from the start of 2016 due to an undiagnosed back issue. And then lands back on the ir in 17 after breaking his foot in practice in week 4 .

Not to mention he cost the team peanuts in cap and then not even a roster spot once on ir .

Guess you don't believe in the 3 years to determine if a player belongs or not

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

That's unfortunate for him because he will probably never get to show his ability due to a spinal condition. Just hope he is smart enough to latch on to another career after football because the football career looks to be all but over. Good luck Mr Tapper

Hadenough

Reaction score
2 years is too long?

Especially when he's on ir from the start of 2016 due to an undiagnosed back issue. And then lands back on the ir in 17 after breaking his foot in practice in week 4 .

Not to mention he cost the team peanuts in cap and then not even a roster spot once on ir .

Guess you don't believe in the 3 years to determine if a player belongs or not
Not the first time this organization has done this. Matt Johnson and Rico Gathers come to mind.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That's a shame. Injuries were just to much for him to overcome. Really good prospect that was misused at OU and fit the Cowboys system. Always thought the Cowboys stole him in the 4th.

He was never a good prospect. Did little in college and less in the pros.

John813

Reaction score
Not the first time this organization has done this. Matt Johnson and Rico Gathers come to mind.

I still am not getting your point .

Matt Johnson was a sparq-y safety they liked that just couldn't stay healthy. Never wasted a roster spot when it came to the 53 man roster . They had to of liked something that he could of brought to the team but his body wasn't built for the strain football brought. They gave him a few years to shake the injury bug but then realized he couldn't stay healthy and moved on .

Rico was drafted as a long term project. Of course they would give him some years before moving on. Year 1 he was on the PS. Year two he had a jaw/head injury and they ir him . Year 3 was his best shot to make some noise but couldn't .I doubt he's on the roster in 2019. He's cost the team peanuts and only has been on the 53 man roster for 1 year . We had an aarp te in Witten when he was drafted.

When Tapper was drafted we had questions at both ends spots. He was an athletic defensive end that was out of spot in college in a 3-4 scheme.
What's wrong with a team holding onto a de when at the time they were 0-2 for legit starting des?

I mean if anything your complaint should be about Gregory who can't stop smoking weed yet they keep him in some capacity.
Not some dude who had his career get derailed by a bizarre back injury and breaking his foot in practice.