Tavon Austin is Ridiculous

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Almost beat? Who remembers or gives awards for 2nd place in 1999?....lol
You sound pretty arrogant. What if your kid was a wrestler in 1999 and went to a very competitive Tournament with 32 guys in his weight class. He pinned his first 4 opponents then almost beat the winner, losing by 1 point in the Finals( Super Bowl) He took 2nd place. A great accomplishment. What do you tell him? After he walks up to you with his 2nd place medal around his neck. Do you say they actually gave you a medal for 2nd place?
Your correct. 2nd place is not the ultimate goal, but winning 2 playoff games in a row, something Mr. Mediocrity/Garrett has never done is quit an accomplishment.

Dre11

Reaction score
Are you serious? Of course the team that wins the Super Bowl is remembered much more than the loser, but the loser of the Super Bowl is remembered 100 times more than the teams that don’t make the Super Bowl, especially if the loser barely losses the Superbowl like Fisher’s Titans. Garrett has never came close to making a Super Bowl. He consistently gets out coached vs playoff caliber teams.

Yes i’m serious

Dre11

Reaction score
No, I think that’s why most of us want him gone. So it doesn’t get anywhere close to 22 of continued failure.

That’s kind of the reason many of us want him gone........

Well your wants aren’t going to change anything, so you either sit back and support man or be miserable.

Dre11

Reaction score
You sound pretty arrogant. What if your kid was a wrestler in 1999 and went to a very competitive Tournament with 32 guys in his weight class. He pinned his first 4 opponents then almost beat the winner, losing by 1 point in the Finals( Super Bowl) He took 2nd place. A great accomplishment. What do you tell him? After he walks up to you with his 2nd place medal around his neck. Do you say they actually gave you a medal for 2nd place?
Your correct. 2nd place is not the ultimate goal, but winning 2 playoff games in a row, something Mr. Mediocrity/Garrett has never done is quit an accomplishment.

We’ve been runner up a few times in tournaments, there’s no satisfaction in that. my son plays travel baseball and Football, I coach HS football, We don’t chase runner ups, we chase the teams that win it all. Just as if Garrett even made it to the Super Bowl and lost you still wouldn’t be happy, you’d find some other criticism.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
We’ve been runner up a few times in tournaments, there’s no satisfaction in that. my son plays travel baseball and Football, I coach HS football, We don’t chase runner ups, we chase the teams that win it all. Just as if Garrett even made it to the Super Bowl and lost you still wouldn’t be happy, you’d find some other criticism.
Your avoiding the question. What would you say to your kid if he was in a Varsity Wrestling Tournament with 32 guys in his weight class. He pinned his first 4 opponents, but lost by 1 point in the Finals. He took 2nd out of 32 Varsity Wrestlers. What would you say to him when he stepped down from the podium with his 2nd place medal, since you just said there is no satisfaction in being a runner up?

HungryLion

Reaction score
Well your wants aren’t going to change anything, so you either sit back and support man or be miserable.

That’s not the point Though Dre. I’m not miserable I still enjoy the games. But “it’s not going to do anything” isn’t validation for keeping a mediocre coach. That does nothing to strengthen the argument for why he should be kept.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
So a coaching staff better than ours couldn't get much out of Austin, and we're supposed to be excited?:rolleyes:
Everyone, coaches, fans, Front Office are excited about, and over hyping Austin. I hope he lives up to the hype, but I don’t see it, especially with this Offensive coaching staff.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
So a coaching staff better than ours couldn't get much out of Austin, and we're supposed to be excited?:rolleyes:

Don't look at it that way. The Rams used Tavon Austin as a gadget player a lot last year. But they have a younger guy there named Pharoh Cooper that can do the same thing and saw an opportunity to turn Austin into another draft pick.

If used properly, Austin can be a nice addition. I'm not saying he's the missing piece to get to the Super Bowl, just saying he can be a nice addition.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Don't look at it that way. The Rams used Tavon Austin as a gadget player a lot last year. But they have a younger guy there named Pharoh Cooper that can do the same thing and saw an opportunity to turn Austin into another draft pick.

If used properly, Austin can be a nice addition. I'm not saying he's the missing piece to get to the Super Bowl, just saying he can be a nice addition.

Let me ride your optimism because mine is low. :)

HungryLion

Reaction score
If nothing else, Austin is going to be very valuable on the jet sweep.

I bet Zeke and him are going to average a lot of yards per carry on those plays.

Dre11

Reaction score
Your avoiding the question. What would you say to your kid if he was in a Varsity Wrestling Tournament with 32 guys in his weight class. He pinned his first 4 opponents, but lost by 1 point in the Finals. He took 2nd out of 32 Varsity Wrestlers. What would you say to him when he stepped down from the podium with his 2nd place medal, since you just said there is no satisfaction in being a runner up?

My answer would br he lost. Period.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Keep hope alive, but keep expectations low.
That is perfectly said! Easier said than done though. I’m a realist, but I still have hope. After last years Atlanta game, where Garrett clapped between Dak sacks, but did no coaching to stop it, hope is a little harder to come by. Low expectations with this team are smart. High expectations just come crumbling down.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
My answer would br he lost. Period.
That’s to bad you feel that way. I hope you hide it from your son. My suggestion. Fake it if you have too. Pat him on the back and say, “you were better than 30 guys,next time you’ll beat so and so”

Dre11

Reaction score
That’s to bad you feel that way. I hope you hide it from your son. My suggestion. Fake it if you have too. Pat him on the back and say, “you were better than 30 guys,next time you’ll beat so and so”

That is how you’re suppose to handle it, you show support but you don’t give the perception that he’s accomplished, you don’t want them/him to lose that edge because it’s going to be harder to get back. but it’s an apple to oranges comparison anyway, I’m going to be biased when it comes to my son.