Tavon Austin is Ridiculous

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Let's face it, folks . . . we've yet to discover exactly what we've got in Tavon Austin.

Who knows if he'll even be used wisely? 'Til then, it's idle conjecture and not more.

Last edited:

Dre11

Reaction score
So I gather you think you know more of his capabilities than a coach who saw him everyday? LMAO. McVay had every clip of film on Austin as well. You think YOU know how he can change things and a proven NFL coach missed it? Dude get a grip. McVay knows more than you, and he gave his opinion...

No you need to get a grip, Mcvay didn’t not give his opinion on anything, just because a player isn’t a fit in one system doesn’t mean they can’t fit another, that has nothing to do with talent. Perfect example, your Foles was let go in Philly, did nothing in LA, nothing in KC, then won a Super Bowl in Philly. So 3 coaches let him go. Now you get a grip.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
A lot more down the field throws in those highlights than I was expecting. His stop-start ability is off the charts, and he sets up blocks and gets lost in the blockers and then explodes out.
you just described his college play to a tee.
he was a nasty deep threat and then he was a crazy threat on WR screens and such.

1nfljunky

Reaction score
No you need to get a grip, Mcvay didn’t not give his opinion on anything, just because a player isn’t a fit in one system doesn’t mean they can’t fit another, that has nothing to do with talent. Perfect example, your Foles was let go in Philly, did nothing in LA, nothing in KC, then won a Super Bowl in Philly. So 3 coaches let him go. Now you get a grip.
lol. Emo much? Of course he gave his opinion, he shipped his arse out. I can’t think of a more definitive way to say “no” to a player short of shooting them, can you? And comparing apples to oranges won’t make that orange an apple, ever. Foles was mishandled by 2 since proven jackasses. McVay is a very innovative offensive mind who couldn’t find a place for Austin. Now he is with Garrett who is to innovation what a square is to a circle. Good luck...

VABoyz

Reaction score
It's damn sure baffling how as creative as the Rams Head coach is that he couldn't implement Austin for a major role..I'll just have to wait and see if THIS staff can create some opportunity. I wont get excited yet.

Them

Reaction score
...he has a history that's true...but that's history!...He's here now...time to start anew...besides He's fast, and he's a weapon!...:star:

jrumann59

Reaction score
screens aren’t gadgets, and he’ll carry the ball too. Gadgets are your unconventional plays.
Those are trick plays. Gadget plays are plays only certain players can perform. Like Lucky and Dwayne harris always ran the jet sweep.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Jetsweep, half back pass, flea flicker, reverses, and any other trick play.
Jet sweep is gadget in other words you would not run that with TWill. The other are trick plays which this team has run with everyone one not one person that is assigned that play only.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am of that camp "why didn't his last team want him" but also some players do better where it is known they are wanted. Maybe a fresh perspective might benefit him and the team.

His fumbling got him in hot water with his old team and if he does that here, the same thing will happen. This is not a good enough team to overcome turnovers.

mcmvp

Reaction score
A former 8th overall selection being traded for a 6th rounder is ridiculous alright.

Rams were adding talent all over the place...and getting rid of those that didn’t fit.

What will the mood about him be when he fumbles the first time? The second? It’s going to happen with guys like this. Sure he has some talent...but his pros haven’t outweighed his cons.

Aven8

Reaction score
Maybe now on the jet sweep they will actually hand him the ball!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never thought Foles was a loser; that moron Chip Kelly simply didn’t like him and traded him to the Rams.

The only reason NF ever returned to Philly was because the owner over there had a Jones/Romo-sized man-crush on him.

Check Austin’s stats from last season; no scores whatsoever while barely playing on a playoff team.

Maybe becasue the coach didn’t use him like he should have.

GenoT

Reaction score
Maybe becasue the coach didn’t use him like he should have.
Austin was an 8th overall pick (2013) and had his best season in 2016. Even if McVay simply decided not to use him as much as the previous coach, or that he doesn’t fit their plans going forward, it doesn’t explain why the Rams’ FO let him go for a 6th-rd pick.

Something’s fishy here.