Tavon Austin **merged**

blueblood70

Reaction score
Didn't Troy even say on that play, that it was obvious that is why Tavon goes in motion, it will be a jet sweep.
Heck, I even seen it was not going to work before they ran it.
good time for the fake jet sweep to the toss right to zeke going the other way for a TD :))) its a setup p they can use against the rams..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Maybe the wr by committee idea was not so bad after all. It saved our butt depth wise after Hurns. Tavon brings a lot to the table. Especially on punt returns. Hopefully they take advantage of his speed. With Beasley and Cooper we could have some legit weapons for other teams to worry about.
except they all were limping at one point or another yesterday.. scary if they all come up lame..

coult44

Reaction score
What the heck happened at the end of that long punt return? He looked he was going all the way and then made a weird move. I thought he hurt his groin again or something.

Heath happened!!! Watch it again

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Didn't Troy even say on that play, that it was obvious that is why Tavon goes in motion, it will be a jet sweep.
Heck, I even seen it was not going to work before they ran it.

The key to the jet sweep is that it supposed to be a complement to handing off to Zeke. It's not going to be your bread and butter play. It's a possible threat to make the defense uncertain whether we're running the jet sweep or giving it to Zeke. It should be faked more often that run.

Along that vein, Tavon has to do *other things* on offense besides a jet sweep, fake or otherwise.

It's all about creating uncertainty in the defense.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
One of the most electric college football players I've ever seen. Being so small he is a bit injury prone though and I am concerned about him taking a big hit and holding on to the ball on returns. But other than that he's starting to show his upside he's a really good player.

Love the guy, bloke, but a small, fragile player is not the best investment. In the long run.

Give me a massive, punishing WR opposite Coop.
With our thuggish defense?
Louts United, we are that close to a Super Bowl !!!!

Last edited:

fansince68

Reaction score
What the heck happened at the end of that long punt return? He looked he was going all the way and then made a weird move. I thought he hurt his groin again or something.

I agree. Im not sure why he didnt score on that punt return. I think he is injury prone and not worth a fat contract. Let him go and use his money to sign Beas and draft a punt returner.

CWR

Reaction score
Hated to see Hurns go down like that, but it may be a blessing in disguise.

I been waiting to see Tavon out there with Coop and Gallup. Next week we should see more of that.

He looked like West Virginia Tavon tonight. Thank you for giving up on him LA Rams!!

Wow, I didn't even think about that. Nice to know Tavon will have an extra bit of fire Saturday night!