Tavon Austin ruled out Sunday

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thank you.
I have never advertised myself as an analyst, but for your pleasure:
Cedric Wilson is your run-of-the-mill WR4-5 while Tavon has special skills and demands attention when on the field.
Think the D doesn't watch him on a jet sweep, or any other play he's in on? They watch. Ced? He's another guy.
Yes, he gets injured a lot, but he has uses that's more for the toolbox of play-calling and threats than Ced could ever be.

Ced is just a dude while Tavon, when put in the right place, can do special things.

So... I disagree.
I was just giving you crap. it was meant to be good natured crap - assuming that's possible with crap.

glimmerman

Reaction score
At this point, I don’t even consider Austin a member of this team.
Sad. He has skill and is fast. But injury prone big time. He won’t make it through the whole season. Will end up on IR.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I was just giving you crap. it was meant to be good natured crap - assuming that's possible with crap.

Word. No worry, my friend!
I know I keep my football views vague.
I deserve a razz.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOl. Fans saying how Austin is injury prone, yet again. over a concussion. How many players sit out every week from a concussion. Give me a break.

But yet the same ones want Wilson to be called up before we lose him to another team, and I doubt that happens. Why is he still on the PS then, because he isn't any better than, what about the other 160 WR's on rosters already?

I liked him, I hoped he would have made the team, but he didn't. Why, part of the reason he is as injury prone if not more than Austin by your alls standards.
He missed the entire season last year, something Tavon did not do. He was banged up in the PS games, and oh yeah, didn't he have a concussion too.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Agreed, IR Austin (as he'll probably end up there anyway) and call up Cedric Wilson.

I'm a fan of Austin, but with Cobb playing well in the slot, particular with more pop as a rusher than I expected, we're well covered at gimmick RB/WR with Pollard and Cobb.

But with Cobb playing so well, I don't see the necessity for bringing up Wilson either. They'll probably want to stash him on the PS and save the accrued year on his contract.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I would like to see Wilson called up but I don't know who they would release to do that. But we only have 4 WR now with Austin out but I think Pollard can be used in the Austin Role but then we have no back up for Zeke.

I will be interested to see how they handle this Sunday.
If pollard cant handle both, I mean what good is he..being zekes backup means maybe 10 touches or so at RB, so he can take 3-4 pass routes and afew returns? I should hope he can handle that..lets see him prove his hype from Pre-season..

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'm a fan of Austin, but with Cobb playing well in the slot, particular with more pop as a rusher than I expected, we're well covered at gimmick RB/WR with Pollard and Cobb.

But with Cobb playing so well, I don't see the necessity for bringing up Wilson either. They'll probably want to stash him on the PS and save the accrued year on his contract.

Well, what about IR for Austin and calling up Daniel Wise?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I wasn't even sure he was going to make the roster up for this exact reason

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Why is Tavon Austin on the 53 man roster and not Cedrick Wilson?

:huh:
Cedric's a pedestrian.
A guy that will help you walk across the street... Maybe.
Nobody worth a thing unless 2-3 guys get injured.
Tavon is a guy that, when put on the field, grabs the D's attention.
Something Ced could never do.