Tavon Austin, the Web back

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
He may as well had Lucky Whitehead's jersey on because he had one jet sweep and no receptions. Let's revisit what football expert Stephen Jones said when he was acquired:

They had a similar fascination with Lance Dunbar. You spent the 4th overall pick on a 3 down RB and you're looking for ways to not give him the ball. :huh:

jblaze2004

Reaction score
when u have a offensive coordinator like Scott Linehan can u blame this offense. Dez could call out the routes from his coach what do u think the defenders can do? I watch the game and was like man its like they know our plays. We don't have a elite wr that is going to catch the ball over someone or beat them because he is that dang good. Our scheme is trash. looks like the same trash offense we been running for years. Except now we don't have a elite TE, elite WR and Romo to bail us out.

tm1119

Reaction score
I think the most alarming thing is that the guy playing GM for his Daddy thinks it’s even remotely possible to give the ball to Tavon Austin 24 times in a game. Whether it was a little hyperbole or not, saying 2 dozen touches is just flat out dumb.
Just a microcosm for the ineptitude of the front office.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Football expert :laugh:
A dozen to 2 dozen times a game.
Go back to chemical engineering and take your whole brood with you.

waldoputty

Reaction score
He may as well had Lucky Whitehead's jersey on because he had one jet sweep and no receptions. Let's revisit what football expert Stephen Jones said when he was acquired:

They had a similar fascination with Lance Dunbar. You spent the 4th overall pick on a 3 down RB and you're looking for ways to not give him the ball. :huh:

tavon was not utilized.
when the rushing had issues, the offense game planning seemed to have been unprepared.
all the austin decoy/sweeps seem to have gone out the window

Batman1980

Reaction score
My problem with him was punt returns. He would run to a spot and stop, keep going!

risco

Reaction score
I think I read somewhere that the JG and the offensive coordinator do not game plan for the opponent. That is so true. Plus our play-calling was very basic / vanilla. I mean we don't do anything other than the basic 123.

John813

Reaction score
I LOL'd so loud when he was used on the jetsweep.
Never saw that coming!
Our luck, we burned a 6th for a jetsweep niche player.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I remember how a couple posters said that Tavon would be our version of Tyreek Hill. Yesterday Tavon had 1 carry for 1yd and Tyreek had 7/169 2TDs and a 91yd PR for a TD
:laugh:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

They say these stupid things but we laugh because as fans we know what Jason Garrett was gonna do.

We predicted the Lucky Whitehead role and we got the Lucky Whitehead role.

AKATheRake

Reaction score

Jerry that you in Stephens body?