Tavon Freaking Austin: Can you catch him?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Look out, folks! Tavon's got some nifty moves -- here's hoping he puts 'em to good use this year!:thumbup:

Last edited:

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Man, I hope so.

People who actually understand football will tell you that Whitehead made a significant impact on the 13 -3 season in 2016. As I posted in another thread, look strictly at numbers and all you’ll see is 3 or 4 big plays. he made on jet sweeps – most memorable was against the Packers - and nothing more. That was enough however, to make defenses pay attention when he was in the game. Play actual off of that same jet sweep look created immeasurable yardage for Zeke Elliot between the tackles, and creating extra seconds for a Dak Prescott in the pocket.

If you look strictly at Austin’s numbers, you’re going to be disappointed when all is said and done. If you look beyond the numbers, specifically at the yardage he creates for others by his mere presence in the game, you’re going to see how truly valuable player with his talents and abilities is. Austin is a better, more talented, version of Lucky Whitehead’s… Not a “2.0”.
Dang man, its almost like you get it or something. That will get you nowhere here.

conner01

Reaction score
No chance I would have him returning punts
Use him in the offense, maybe even on KO but I’d find another guy to return punts even if it Beasley

Undefeated

Reaction score
Hey genius..
First where did I say Austin was earning any amount of money?
Do you often make assumptions that make you look a fool or is Father’s Day a special occasion?
Then what did you mean by "Watkins seemed like a bad investment at $16M until you see what Austin is making."