Taylor Brothers Are Coaching's Next Big Thing

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
One is Wentz's QB coach and one is Rams offensive coor under McVay ( ages 35 and 30 ). Could be a nice head coach and offensive coor hire.......

The Brothers Taylor Are Coaching’s Next Big Thing
By ANDY BENOIT
December 06, 2018

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/12/06/z...aches?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=the

Zac Taylor knew his playing career was over when he picked up a Canadian ball for the first time. “That ball is bigger, which was a shock,” he says. “I first arrived at midnight, the GM picked me up and drove me to the stadium. I remember thinking the moment I picked up the ball, ‘This isn’t going to go well.’”

Taylor had just signed with the CFL’s Winnipeg Blue Bombers, because, despite being the 2006 Big 12 Offensive Player of the Year as a senior at Nebraska his NFL career was short almost to the point of nonexistent. An undrafted rookie, he was literally zipping up his bag to leave for Buccaneers training camp when the team called and informed him he’d been cut. “I didn’t even know you could be cut before camp,” Taylor says.

Now he was in a foreign country, holding a foreign ball that he knew he couldn’t throw. Still, Taylor finagled a spot on Winnipeg’s roster, lasting one year, his mind shifting towards coaching during that time. He already had strong connections to the coaching world

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
At a min....one could replace Linehan as OC if we decide to move on. Just me, if you fire Linehan and keep Garrett ( even for a year ), his playbook/system stays, making if difficult to find a seasoned vet OC. Especially knowing Garrett is in a lame year. So why not hire a solid QB coach as offensive coor. He and Garrett work together to incorporate a little bit both philosophies.

Last edited:

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
One is Wentz's QB coach and one is Rams offensive coor under McVay ( ages 35 and 30 ). Could be a nice head coach and offensive coor hire.......

The Brothers Taylor Are Coaching’s Next Big Thing
By ANDY BENOIT
December 06, 2018

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/12/06/z...aches?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=the

Zac Taylor knew his playing career was over when he picked up a Canadian ball for the first time. “That ball is bigger, which was a shock,” he says. “I first arrived at midnight, the GM picked me up and drove me to the stadium. I remember thinking the moment I picked up the ball, ‘This isn’t going to go well.’”

Taylor had just signed with the CFL’s Winnipeg Blue Bombers, because, despite being the 2006 Big 12 Offensive Player of the Year as a senior at Nebraska his NFL career was short almost to the point of nonexistent. An undrafted rookie, he was literally zipping up his bag to leave for Buccaneers training camp when the team called and informed him he’d been cut. “I didn’t even know you could be cut before camp,” Taylor says.

Now he was in a foreign country, holding a foreign ball that he knew he couldn’t throw. Still, Taylor finagled a spot on Winnipeg’s roster, lasting one year, his mind shifting towards coaching during that time. He already had strong connections to the coaching world

How does Moore stack up to the Taylor brothers.