TCU Football Coach Search

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
After today’s game Cowboys game I’d think our old Frog RB and alum Curtis Modkins should get a peak from TCU. The running game he put together in Denver looked good and he’s got 25 yrs experience.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Sounds like TCU's top 3 right now is Sonny Dykes, Deion Sanders and Billy Napier.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Sounds like TCU's top 3 right now is Sonny Dykes, Deion Sanders and Billy Napier.

I don’t mind Dykes or Napier. Deion confused me. Great draw for recruiting etc but overall he hasn’t coached but a limited time and not at a Big 12 level.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Very much believe it will be Sonny Dykes.
I'm not sure if that's going to work out or not but Sonny has done a great job building Dallas area ties while at SMU and I expect him to re-brand TCU to some extent to leverage the metroplex as a whole.
Sonny was my 3rd choice option for Texas Tech fwiw.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Too late, it's a done deal. TCU fans won't like it as it is a boring hire but it's probably the best they could have done right now. There were all these open jobs like USC, LSU, Florida so TCU wasn't going to outbid those schools for the same candidates they were interested in. They were able to lock in Sonny and move on instead of prolonging the job search.