TE Marcedes Lewis short-term option?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Can't see much downside to signing a vet presence......

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3615/marcedes-lewis

3615.jpg

Marcedes Lewis | Tight End | #89
Team: Unsigned Free Agent
Age / DOB: (34) / 5/19/1984
Ht / Wt: 6'6' / 267
College: UCLA
Drafted: 2006 / Rd. 1 (28) / JAC
Free agent TE Marcedes Lewis will visit the Packers this week.
Lewis was released by the Jaguars more than two months ago, and this is the first known interest we've seen emerge for him. He just turned 34 last week and spent 12 seasons with Jacksonville. Green Bay has Jimmy Graham and Lance Kendricks at tight end, but Lewis could provide help as a blocker. May 23 - 12:11 PM
Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

DHCBF66

Reaction score
Can't see much downside to signing a vet presence......

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3615/marcedes-lewis

3615.jpg

Marcedes Lewis | Tight End | #89
Team: Unsigned Free Agent
Age / DOB: (34) / 5/19/1984
Ht / Wt: 6'6' / 267
College: UCLA
Drafted: 2006 / Rd. 1 (28) / JAC
Free agent TE Marcedes Lewis will visit the Packers this week.
Lewis was released by the Jaguars more than two months ago, and this is the first known interest we've seen emerge for him. He just turned 34 last week and spent 12 seasons with Jacksonville. Green Bay has Jimmy Graham and Lance Kendricks at tight end, but Lewis could provide help as a blocker. May 23 - 12:11 PM
Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
We need to find out what WE have on the roster. Signing progress stoppers will do nothing to help this team!

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
We need to find out what WE have on the roster. Signing progress stoppers will do nothing to help this team!

I’m not a fan of bringing this guy in but this whole “progress stopper” nonsense needs to go away. If a player isn’t good enough to beat the guy ahead of him on the depth chart that isn’t stopping progress that’s just not being good enough.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I’m not a fan of bringing this guy in but this whole “progress stopper” nonsense needs to go away. If a player isn’t good enough to beat the guy ahead of him on the depth chart that isn’t stopping progress that’s just not being good enough.
Who is Dalton Shultz not beating that's ahead of him on the depth chart? Give the guy a freaking chance before suggesting we hire a vet that won't allow this new guy to develop.

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
No, too old, too slow. No more old players. Let's go young and draft the right type of players. I don't like stop gap players with the rare exception of perhaps a QB when you draft a rookie.

Dbeastmode21

Reaction score
It seems some fans don't even want to give Dalton Shultz a chance. They just want to hire a progress stopper.
Well watching schulz gametape doesn't really look promising.but hé dererves a chance as anybody else

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Who is Dalton Shultz not beating that's ahead of him on the depth chart? Give the guy a freaking chance before suggesting we hire a vet that won't allow this new guy to develop.

I’m not for bringing this guy in but I am for having the best team on the field. A team built on production and results not on hopes and dreams.

Just because a player is keeping someone’s pet cat from seeing the field doesn’t make them a progress stopper.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I’m not for bringing this guy in but I am for having the best team on the field. A team built on production and results not on hopes and dreams.

Just because a player is keeping someone’s pet cat from seeing the field doesn’t make them a progress stopper.
Yes it does, that's the very definition. :muttley: Shultz could be the next Witten but we'll never know by following what you want.:rolleyes:

DHCBF66

Reaction score

Bringing in a old vet is stopping progress to the younger players. It is taking snaps away from guys that need them! I do not have a "pet cat" as you put it. There are plenty of vet TEs out there who will still be out there when the season rolls around. If we cant find our guy on the roster by then, thats when you go get a vet.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No i am not.just my opinion.but seems your a bigtime fan of Schulz so i ll let you,no problem lol
Your opinion is based on crap if you don't like his game tape. Stanford is a TE factory. Dalton Shultz will be a great TE, you will learn to love him if you give him a chance.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Just me but it's has nothing to do with taking snaps away from younger players. The way I see it, a vet would simply be insurance if the younger players are slow to make the impact we expect. After all banking, the season 5 TE's with so little experience is risky at best. That's not to say they won't develop. In fact, I believe Wells, Jarwin or Schulz may have a chance to become NFL starters but the when. Forget Lewis for a second, but it's the thinking having vet in that room.

Dbeastmode21

Reaction score
Your opinion is based on crap if you don't like his game tape. Stanford is a TE factory. Dalton Shultz will be a great TE, you will learn to love him if you give him a chance.
Ofcours they should give him a chance.we have good enough talents on TE.that position ll be fine