Team has no leader

Blake

Reaction score
A true leader like Jason Garrett when he won that thanksgiving football game .

Wow, what a great leader he was ! He sure knew how to hold a clip board for the rest of his career .

It was a sentimental but overblown moment, in which he has somehow been portrayed to have become Troy Aikman's alter ego that day.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Leadership is fine.

All these cliches about leadership and accountability are really the furthest thing from our problem.

Our problem is we can’t throw the football.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I leaning that way myself. Doesn't the hammy go back to last season?

But his retirement doesn't diminish my respect for him, or I expect, the team's respect for him.
Last season, this season, pick any season, he is what he is, he can't stay on the field. For all his talent, we've never been able to rely on him.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
When is the last true leader you remember on this team?

Romo tried but never really got the respect but never exactly demanded it. Didn’t work.

Dez, some thought he was a locker room divider like TO. Not true, he was a very passionate player that would get in players faces to pump them up and sometimes argued. Did I agree with him clearing off the gator side table or yelling at some. No, but when he tries to be a leader it wasn’t received well.

D-Ware, tried to lead by example, didn’t work.

Witten, a stand up player that again leads by example, didn’t work.

No player really becomes a leader here. And you hear it all the time, where are the leaders. Time for the leaders to stand up and take control.

Had Elliot and Dak that they said was gonna do the job. Elliot has been silenced by our playcalling and Dak can’t seem to get it going and you don’t see him in the faces of the O-Line or TE when they miss a block or get a penalty.

The Hot Boyz started hot but D-Law is really just wanting a big contract. I don’t blame him but he isn’t going to be a leader.

Everyone just wants a paycheck. I think it’s the condition that JJ has set up here. The atmosphere. He wouldn’t mind having some players that are leaders. He just don’t want a HC to be one. Takes away from his glory. Without a true leader on the sidelines it’s always gonna be tough.

Aikman demanded respect and took control of the Offense. That was a long long time ago.
When is the last true leader you remember on this team?

Romo tried but never really got the respect but never exactly demanded it. Didn’t work.

Dez, some thought he was a locker room divider like TO. Not true, he was a very passionate player that would get in players faces to pump them up and sometimes argued. Did I agree with him clearing off the gator side table or yelling at some. No, but when he tries to be a leader it wasn’t received well.

D-Ware, tried to lead by example, didn’t work.

Witten, a stand up player that again leads by example, didn’t work.

No player really becomes a leader here. And you hear it all the time, where are the leaders. Time for the leaders to stand up and take control.

Had Elliot and Dak that they said was gonna do the job. Elliot has been silenced by our playcalling and Dak can’t seem to get it going and you don’t see him in the faces of the O-Line or TE when they miss a block or get a penalty.

The Hot Boyz started hot but D-Law is really just wanting a big contract. I don’t blame him but he isn’t going to be a leader.

Everyone just wants a paycheck. I think it’s the condition that JJ has set up here. The atmosphere. He wouldn’t mind having some players that are leaders. He just don’t want a HC to be one. Takes away from his glory. Without a true leader on the sidelines it’s always gonna be tough.

Aikman demanded respect and took control of the Offense. That was a long long time ago.
Jerrah is the leader.

The owner.

The GM

Socks and jocks he said.

What part do you not understand.?

If anything..

leadership is split up by too many ex former HCs on this team and it really seems to not be able to do more than spurts of winning followed by down years.

I would like younger coaches for Garrett and get rid of the old guard.

Linehan's offense is years stale..

Marrinelli's defenses stopped being good years ago when he left Detroit.

I think the young guys leading like DeMarcus Lawrence and Martin and hopefully Cooper and if Jaylon stays healthy..

certainly Beard when healthy..

and a number of hopefulls like Aweuzie, Vander Esch, Gregory, Byron Jones..

and others..

believe the leadership should be there.

But it all gets filtered with Garrett and the Jones and Will Clay.

It gets blurred to me.

jrumann59

Reaction score
You need the quiet leaders and you need the ray lewis types. Why not everyone responds to one or the other. This team really has not had the loud outspoken leadership since Irvin and aikman. They have jad plenty of lead by example guys Romo, Witten, lee, lawrence, ware, miles,

Zordon

Reaction score
this is what your head coach wants from his players...

compare that to the type of men we used to have leading this franchise.

zerofill

Reaction score
You're funny, Travis Frederick, Sean Lee, Dak all have been identified as leaders in the lockeroom.
Travis and Lee have earned it by stellar play on the field... Granted Lee isn't on the field much, but he still helps the other defensive players immensely. Dak only has his intangibles... Because his tangibles suck. How can you lead, unless you lead by example on the field? He sucks... simple as that...

zerofill

Reaction score
If a player is not preforming his best and be a difference maker he can't be taken seriously as a leader no matter how much he talks.

And that is a fact... when you suck as bad as Dak has... Who is going to get pumped up by your inspirational words? LOL