Team has no leader

zerofill

Reaction score
this is what your head coach wants from his players...

compare that to the type of men we used to have leading this franchise.

He is an introvert... he likes to live inside his own head, and he is happy staying there, debating things with himself.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Witten was the leader till last year, someone else has to fill those shoes eventually.
I just mean a Irvin or Aikman type.Witten was a leader It was obvious from our TE play this year. Did you see the missed block on the goal line last week. The counter tray play and our #86 literally avoided blocking the DE. Dak changed it at the line to the run and he apparently didn’t get the message even though he heard it. That missed block alone cost us the TD.
I believe the #11 is the closest we're gonna come, when it comes to offensive comprehension & mental maturity in the execution of the Attack plan, since #82 ambled off into the sunset.o_O

Melonfeud

Reaction score
In the locker room maybe but they need to show it out on the field during the game that's when it really counts
And the #11 just isn't " satisfied" enough ( ?) In his current pay grade to actively exemplify that,,, SHEESE! he'd prolly enjoy a 10-15% better completion ratio were he the Q.B.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The threads are getting a bit goofy. Dak’s leadership traits are strong. Witten’s were off the charts. Lee has the respect of every player on that team. Player leadership isn’t the problem.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
the team has taken on the mentality of the coach. Beta is all we have alphas are not allowed.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
The threads are getting a bit goofy. Dak’s leadership traits are strong. Witten’s were off the charts. Lee has the respect of every player on that team. Player leadership isn’t the problem.
Could you enlighten me perchance?,,, ,my esteemed & highly respected fellow fan& forum member of granted god-like powers, as to just WHAT it is ,you deem could be the problem? ,since the leadership in the success of 'on field attack tatics' Has apparently zero bearing concerning our gummed-up offensive malaise of envisioned killer auto-cannon firepower?o_O

* Man! you know everybody here loves you, but, " to the death, party line stance " only even carries the dead-enders to their ultimate demise,,, ya know, Bro!:starspin:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Could you enlighten me perchance?,,, ,my esteemed & highly respected fellow fan& forum member of granted god-like powers, as to just WHAT it is ,you deem could be the problem? ,since the leadership in the success of 'on field attack tatics' Has apparently zero bearing concerning our gummed-up offensive malaise of envisioned killer auto-cannon firepower?o_O

* Man! you know everybody here loves you, but, " to the death, party line stance " only even carries the dead-enders to their ultimate demise,,, ya know, Bro!:starspin:

The players aren’t good enough.

DuceizBak

Reaction score
I love Witten, Ware, and Romo...but them guys weren't very vocal and were for the most part seen as soft.
Demarcus Lawrence is a leader of the defense a long with Sean Lee, you can see how much those guys respect the two.

Romo didn't even invite Bryant to his house or over to talk with him until like his 3rd or 4th season. Great players, but not everybody is meant to be a vocal leader.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
The team has had leaders, they just haven’t had good leaders since Troy Aikman left. It’s one of the reasons why I wanted a veteran Super Bowl winner to join the team to bring something to the locker room other than Garrett’s effort message that gets parroted by the team captains.

And hearing Witten and Romo expose the coaching just frustrates me because they tolerated and endorsed this mess for most of their careers instead of helping to stomp it out.

Batman1980

Reaction score
I love Witten, Ware, and Romo...but them guys weren't very vocal and were for the most part seen as soft.
Demarcus Lawrence is a leader of the defense a long with Sean Lee, you can see how much those guys respect the two.

Romo didn't even invite Bryant to his house or over to talk with him until like his 3rd or 4th season. Great players, but not everybody is meant to be a vocal leader.

Anyone who doesn't think Witten was a leader wasn't paying attention. He was the heart and soul of his team.

Bryant is a prima donna, not surprising Romo didn't warm up to him.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Anyone who doesn't think Witten was a leader wasn't paying attention. He was the heart and soul of his team.

Bryant is a prima donna, not surprising Romo didn't warm up to him.
Yeah and he left a little more suddenly than I think the team was ready for. Witten was finished with this mess. Maybe he knew what was coming and said “deuces”. Lol

Batman1980

Reaction score
Yeah and he left a little more suddenly than I think the team was ready for. Witten was finished with this mess. Maybe he knew what was coming and said “deuces”. Lol

Health and frustration are exactly why Romo and Witten walked away, perhaps before either of them were physically done.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Health and frustration are exactly why Romo and Witten walked away, perhaps before either of them were physically done.
I watched a football life with Romo last night. Watching his wife cry when talking about the Dez catch-non catch really let me know how much it bothered Romo. He said that would have been the greatest throw he ever made and really felt like that was there shot.

CB61

Reaction score
I never said it was the whole problem but it is part of th3e problem I don't see it on the field now the camera doesn't show everything yes I know Lee is a leader, with a few others and there's a lot of potential for it but when I see Prescott just go sit back on the bench with his head down to me that's not leadership and the rest of the team sits on the bench and is disengaged, now with that being said we're watching it on TV we have no idea really I'm just saying what I see

CB61

Reaction score
And the #11 just isn't " satisfied" enough ( ?) In his current pay grade to actively exemplify that,,, SHEESE! he'd prolly enjoy a 10-15% better completion ratio were he the Q.B.
I'm not quite sure what you're saying but yes Beasley is a leader to what I'm saying is it's not coming out all the time and in certain situations but I would agree with you that Beasley it's definitely a leader I don't know what the 10 to 15% means

Batman1980

Reaction score
I watched a football life with Romo last night. Watching his wife cry when talking about the Dez catch-non catch really let me know how much it bothered Romo. He said that would have been the greatest throw he ever made and really felt like that was there shot.

Their shot was 2016 when they somehow lost to Seattle. They would've beaten the Bears and then probably win the Super Bowl against the Colts.