Team PFF Grades Updated (Week 2)

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
PFF employs over 600 full or part-time analysts, but less than 10% of analysts are trained to the level that they can grade plays. Only the top two to three percent of analysts are on the team of “senior analysts” in charge of finalizing each grade after review. Our graders have been training for months, and sometimes years, in order to learn, understand and show mastery of our process that includes our 300-page training manual and video playbook. We have analysts from all walks of life, including former players, coaches and scouts. We don’t care if you played.

Each grade is reviewed at least once, and usually multiple times, using every camera angle available, including All-22 coaches’ tape.

I know Jordan Palmer ex QB does PFF grading. They stick to a simple system and every player is graded exactly the same.
Yeah, I read when you posted that the first time. And it still doesn't magically make it useful. Besides, aren't you the one that said Tyrone Crawford had no idea what he was talking about because he isn't a good player?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
PFF employs over 600 full or part-time analysts, but less than 10% of analysts are trained to the level that they can grade plays. Only the top two to three percent of analysts are on the team of “senior analysts” in charge of finalizing each grade after review. Our graders have been training for months, and sometimes years, in order to learn, understand and show mastery of our process that includes our 300-page training manual and video playbook. We have analysts from all walks of life, including former players, coaches and scouts. We don’t care if you played.

Each grade is reviewed at least once, and usually multiple times, using every camera angle available, including All-22 coaches’ tape.

I know Jordan Palmer ex QB does PFF grading. They stick to a simple system and every player is graded exactly the same.
I mean people can sit here and knock it but there's no other grading system that puts this amount of effort into it.

12+88=7

Reaction score
I used to look at PFF when it was free for actual stats. How QBs did againt the blitz, or a RB against 8 men lines, and so on.

But I always thought their grading system was garbage. Now you have to pay for this garbage.

PT Barnum, "there is a sucker born every minute".

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I used to look at PFF when it was free for actual stats. How QBs did againt the blitz, or a RB against 8 men lines, and so on.

But I always thought their grading system was garbage. Now you have to pay for this garbage.

PT Barnum, "there is a sucker born every minute".

People can say its garbage but its been proven that actual NFL teams use these same "garbage" stats and scores.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Yeah, I read when you posted that the first time. And it still doesn't magically make it useful. Besides, aren't you the one that said Tyrone Crawford had no idea what he was talking about because he isn't a good player?
Yeh I don't care what ty craw has to say about anything he's bad.

aria

Reaction score
I mean you've already stated that with you its personal with Zeke so there's no point in going back and forth about Zeke.

You went out of your way to talk about McCaffery and Saquon and both are currently not playing and when they were they weren't doing anything spectacular anyway lol.

I'll end on this......

Since 2016.....every year there's a new guy you guys say is the best back in the league. But no one has been more productive than Zeke in that same span. And based on how things are starting off this year? That' won't change.
As usual you don’t excel at reading comprehension. How many times have I said I separate my thoughts of zeke as a person vs a player? Literally over 50 times at least.

I’ve stated how I like SB as a person but I would never support taking any RB in the top 5, probably not even top 10.

How can my personal feelings of the ewok effect the stats I post? Those are his numbers, not mine. If you have a problem with zeke’s stats maybe you should take it up with him, not me, or stop blindly supporting him. Does PFF and every other article I’ve posted dislike zeke as a person as well? Stats aren’t biased.

LOL, you’re wrong on so many levels and just lie as usual because you have nothing else to support your stance. I’ve said zeke was the best RB in 2016. I don’t recall 2017. 2018 Barkley was the more productive back, not zeke. IIRC, in 2019, McCaffrey was the most productive back, not zeke. So far this year, zeke is 4th as the most productive back.

I’m really sick of arguing with people who make things up to argue a point when the stats clearly show they’re wrong. Stop being lazy and do a little research before posting so you don’t look so dense, it gets old having to do it myself.

12+88=7

Reaction score
People can say its garbage but its been proven that actual NFL teams use these same "garbage" stats and scores.

Not talking about stats. Talking about the grading.

NFL teams have coaching staffs that grade their own players. No NFL team uses PFF to evaluate their players.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Then why would you care what a bunch of nobodies say about how players performed? They were worse players than T Craw
Because they have a specific metric in place that uses numerous ppl and a final person to go over grades and review certain plays from every angle. Ty craw telling me hill looks good in camp means absolutely nothing.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

NFL teams have coaching staffs that grade their own players. No NFL team uses PFF to evaluate their players.
I would hope they grade their own players. But what about for scouting other teams? There is a lot more information available if you pay up for $200. All players are graded exactly the same and have a strict guideline of grading to take out any human element.

aria

Reaction score
I don't think anyone defended or really said anything negative about Zeke. No one really does until you show up lol. You've stated its personal with you. So you can talk about the jock sniffers or the haters but you are the only one who admitted its personal. You and Cowboysroy.

Stop talking about "we" as if there's a large group of Anti-Zeke guys. Its just you and another poster lol.
Huh...that’s funny, because the first post that I responded to (which YOU quoted me) was someone defending him.

Lol, wow man, you continue to amaze me. You live in a different world, don’t you?

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Because they have a specific metric in place that uses numerous ppl and a final person to go over grades and review certain plays from every angle. Ty craw telling me hill looks good in camp means absolutely nothing.
Well, Craw has put in more time at his craft than any of these dudes. Besides, Craw was right, Hill does look pretty good.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Thirty of the 32 NFL teams are paying customers of PFF, and Collinsworth said the company’s expansive film marking system is likely what’s most valuable to teams. PFF also deals in the purely objective, tracking various statistics, both traditional and advanced.

You sure about that? Why would teams use PFF on their own players? Its about the opposing teams.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Well, Craw has put in more time at his craft than any of these dudes. Besides, Craw was right, Hill does look pretty good.
Yeh looks good compared the other bums that play next to him. Not that good when you look around the league

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I would hope they grade their own players. But what about for scouting other teams? There is a lot more information available if you pay up for $200. All players are graded exactly the same and have a strict guideline of grading to take out any human element.
Exactly....its not about their own players they know how to grade them lol. Its the opposing teams.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Huh...that’s funny, because the first post that I responded to (which YOU quoted me) was someone defending him.

Lol, wow man, you continue to amaze me. You live in a different world, don’t you?

Look, I've had to tell about 4 other posters this recently and I'm gonna tell you the same. Let's keep it football. You disagree with me that's fine. But these side comments insults...I'm just over it and I'm tired of reading it from posters as well. I won't contribute to it.