Team will need to acquire many draft picks this offseason

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Parcells4Life, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Parcells4Life

Parcells4Life Well-Known Member

3,066 Messages
    4,745 Likes Received
    Assuming there’s a coaching change, there’s no quicker way to retool personnel for a scheme change than draft picks. Whether it’s getting bigger DTs, addressing the safety position or retooling to offset the loss of Byron/Cobb/Quinn/etc, there’s likely to be many holes facing the team come March 1 and the ones not filled by FA will have to be done via draft.

I’d keep the first round pick and then down every round after that to acquire more picks.

2. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

13,921 Messages
    12,003 Likes Received
    cobb will get extended..same with Quinn. Byron is gone.

3. Future

Future Intramural Legend

21,644 Messages
    7,923 Likes Received
    It's not about making a lot of picks, it's about making good picks. If the draft doesn't have a lot of talent in it, there's no sense in acquiring picks.

conner01 likes this.
  4. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

14,516 Messages
    8,031 Likes Received
    Dallas needs to address some needs with vets. I love the draft being the primary resource for filling a roster. But we see the level of inexperience and immaturity on the field with so many young players in your starting core. Dallas needs a few more Michael Bennetts

John813 likes this.
  5. exciter

exciter Well-Known Member

1,276 Messages
    973 Likes Received
    Both of the Saints safety's are free agents. According to their weekly radio show they can only afford to keep one. The other should be strongly considered!
    Never mind Marcus Williams has one more year... that's what I get for listening to Bobby Herbert!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019 at 3:42 AM
  6. Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country Well-Known Member

2,804 Messages
    3,280 Likes Received
    Trade 13 players to go after Joe Burrow. --JK

7. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld Cowboys Fan since 1949. Zone Supporter

16,595 Messages
    16,049 Likes Received
    Bobby Herbert.....haven't heard that name in a while

8. DanA

DanA Well-Known Member

1,391 Messages
    1,320 Likes Received
    We're surely going to get some good compo picks in 2021. We've got Dak, Cooper, Quinn, M.Collins, Bennett, B.Jones and J.Heath all coming out of contract. There's a maximum of four and I think we'll lose at least four players that can accrue compo picks

9. exciter

exciter Well-Known Member

1,276 Messages
    973 Likes Received
    CD player went out in my truck. Once a week its either listen to him or country music (barf) on way to work. He's either an imbecile or does a hell of a job pretending!

darthseinfeld likes this.
  10. Parcells4Life

Parcells4Life Well-Known Member

3,066 Messages
    4,745 Likes Received
    I’m thinking they lose Quinn, Bennett, Collins and Jones. Byron is probably the top comp pick. But depending on who the next coach is maybe they keep Quinn or Jones. I also want to keep Cobb

11. DanA

DanA Well-Known Member

1,391 Messages
    1,320 Likes Received
    I’d have it as:
    Dak - 3rd
    Cooper - 3rd
    Jones - 3rd
    Quinn - 4th
    Bennett - 4th/5th
    Collins - 5th
    Brown - 5th
    Cobb - 5th
    Heath - 6th
    Thomas - 6th
    Hyder - 6th

We won’t lose Dak and Cooper but I could definately see four of the others leaving.