Ten Reasons Eagles will Trend Down

1nfljunky

Reaction score
That list is really only one thing long. Because you all want it to be so, lol. Well people in Hell want a glass of cold water and can’t nobody help them either. Only two things matter here, we out scored you 30-0 in our real game. And we saved Garrett from his fourth 8-8 season in 8 years. I think it was done to keep him around.

Reactions: C42

T-RO

Reaction score
Don't really care if the Eagles decline. 30 other teams in the league besides the Eagles.

The NFL isn't the WWE, Boxing, or MMA. Beating the reigning champ doesn't make you the new champ.

Division rivals are inherently more threatening to success.

Beating the reigning champ might not constitute the crown...but it is Job #1.

GenoT

Reaction score

Beating the reigning champ counts the same as beating anyone else; one win outta 16 games.

In fact, we could lose both Eagles games and then go 14-2 against everybody else — and still get bounced (as usual ;^) in the NFC semis.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
1. Jason Peters is 36, fat and prone to injury. Former all-pro player, yes, but he will be little more than dead cap money moving forward.

9. Nick Foles will return to being Nick Foles. That and the Eagles won’t be able to keep him next year...the price is $20.6 mil (they can’t afford)
the maze and its pain awaits for them to ever achieve consciousness.)

Nick Foles in an eagles uniform has been pretty good.

T-RO

Reaction score
Nick Foles in an eagles uniform has been pretty good.

Foles was superman against the Eagles...

...Just like Alex Smith was super man against the Pats in the first game of the year. The Pats secondary was extremely vulnerable...and that was before BB decided to bench their best corner.

there are a lot of folks who believe Bilichick didn't even want his team to win the Super Bowl.

Hoofbite

Reaction score

Not any more than division rivals are inherently conducive to success. If they suck, they help. If they're good, they hurt. You've stated the Eagles are going to fall off so why be concerned with them?

Beating the reigning champ is not job #1. Not any more than beating the team that just picked #1. Winning is Job #1 regardless of who you play.

T-RO

Reaction score
Alex Smith game against Pats--in New England-- last year:
28-35, 368 yards, 4 TD

Is Alex Smith also super man?

Maybe, just maybe...that NE team ripe for the plucking.

Last edited:

T-RO

Reaction score
Not any more than division rivals are inherently conducive to success. If they suck, they help. If they're good, they hurt. You've stated the Eagles are going to fall off so why be concerned with them?

Beating the reigning champ is not job #1. Not any more than beating the team that just picked #1. Winning is Job #1 regardless of who you play.

I've started 20 offseason threads about the Cowboys and now I start one on a divisional rival who also happens to be our chief rival and super bowl winner. Obvious to all why it's a topic worthy of merit.

What's got your panties in a wad?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That list is really only one thing long. Because you all want it to be so, lol. Well people in Hell want a glass of cold water and can’t nobody help them either. Only two things matter here, we out scored you 30-0 in our real game. And we saved Garrett from his fourth 8-8 season in 8 years. I think it was done to keep him around.
Shhhhhhh...I'm sticking needles into my Wentz voodoo doll right now!!! Lol!

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Foles was superman against the Eagles...

...Just like Alex Smith was super man against the Pats in the first game of the year. The Pats secondary was extremely vulnerable...and that was before BB decided to bench their best corner.

there are a lot of folks who believe Bilichick didn't even want his team to win the Super Bowl.

He did pretty good before he got traded and came back. I never said he was superman, I said he has been pretty good in a Eagles uniform. .

JustChip

Reaction score
Check out the Warriors and their team chemistry. It’s reported to be crazy dark. As egos get big...they collide. Remember Jimmy and Jerry after 2 titles?
True on the chemistry, but not after 1 year. It’ll take a couple of years of success for that to be the case. It’s taken 15 years in NE. Loosing hastens that though.

T-RO

Reaction score
True on the chemistry, but not after 1 year. It’ll take a couple of years of success for that to be the case. It’s taken 15 years in NE. Loosing hastens that though.

Yeah...maybe. The only difference is the dose size. For some...it doesn’t take much.

T-RO

Reaction score
He did pretty good before he got traded and came back. I never said he was superman, I said he has been pretty good in a Eagles uniform. .

I don’t want to over-state or mis-characterize your argument. I’m just speaking generally to the way people over-rate Foles right now.