Terence Newman will miss AZ game with Abdominal Irritation *Merge*

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
An MRI revealed Cowboys Pro Bowl cornerback Terence Newman has an abdominal irritation that will force him to miss Sunday's game at Arizona.

Newman, who sat out last Sunday's victory over Cincinnati, said there is no timetable for his return.

“It could be something that flared up and could be done within a week or two,” the team's Web site quoted Newman as saying. “It's been painful for a while, but the pain wasn't unbearable.”

Newman sat out the opener with a groin injury.

— Associated Press

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/cowboys/NFL_notebook_Stomach_injury_sidelines_Newman.html

UDcowboysfan

Reaction score
I love newman, but i never remembered him getting injured this much before we payed him.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
theogt;2318692 said:
lol...abdominal?

Were you hoping it would be a cracked fibula or something to make it sound more badass?

At least this way he will hopefully only miss one more game.

khiladi

Reaction score
It could be a sign of a developing sports hernia... And if it is, it is better he rest...

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
khiladi;2318722 said:
It could be a sign of a developing sports hernia... And if it is, it is better he rest...
Sports hernia was one of the terms thrown around in a few articles I saw in the Daily. I think it was Newman who said he didn't have it, but that it was in the general area of where one normally develops.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Per Newman:

"I took the MRI today and I went through some exams with the doctor," Newman said. "He speculated that it could be a moderate sports hernia, which is nothing like some of the other guys have, but at the same time it could be something that flared up and could be done with in a week or two."

He sat out Sunday's game after playing the last three, starting twice. After a seemingly clean bill of health, it appears his injury situation hasn't settled.

"It just hadn't flared up as bad as it did this week. It's been painful for a while, but the pain wasn't unbearable. As an athlete you're trying to play through pain. It got to a point to where I couldn't do my job, and I had to say something to the trainer to get it corrected."

The cornerback had a tough half as a starter against Washington, and said the pain lingered through both games he played. He said a verdict from the training room was due back on Tuesday.

"It was definitely sore," Newman said of his two game return. "My full speed wasn't my normal full speed, but it was something I felt I could compete with and play with because I did it in practice."

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131194

juck

Reaction score
He will be on IR soon.Thankfully we got Pac.

Nexx

Reaction score
hrmm.. i remember some of us pleading not to sign this guy long term for huge money, citing his age and coming off that foot injury that kept him out the first few games last year.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Where is theebs?

It took even less time than we thought for Pacman to become a prince and Newman a dog.

superpunk

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2318800 said:
Where is theebs?

It took even less time than we thought for Pacman to become a prince and Newman a dog.
The anti-Newman movement has less to do with Pacman than it does with Newman getting Pizzaid. We saw the exact same "Fan Support Curve" with Roy Williams.

juck

Reaction score
Pacman is better anyway.At least he makes a play on the ball.