Terrell Owens won't attend Hall of Fame induction ceremony

Plankton

Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ion-pro-football-hall-fame-induction-ceremony

Terrell Owens, who was selected for enshrinement into the Pro Football Hall of Fame this year, has declined an invitation to attend the induction ceremony, he said Thursday.

"While I am incredibly appreciative of this opportunity, I have made the decision to publicly decline my invitation to attend the induction ceremony in Canton," Owens said in a statement released Thursday. "... After visiting Canton earlier this year, I came to the realization that I wish to celebrate what will be one of the most memorable days of my life, elsewhere."

Owens, who said he has let the Hall of Fame know of his intentions, added he will announce "where and when" he will celebrate his induction at a later date.

"We are disappointed but will respect Terrell's decision not to participate in the enshrinement," Hall of Fame president David Baker said in a statement. "While unprecedented, the Pro Football Hall of Fame, the nearly 5,000 volunteers and the entire community are committed to celebrating the excellence of the Class of 2018 that will kick off the NFL's 99th season."

Baker said the Pro Football Hall of Fame would have no further comment on Owens' decision.

giphy.gif

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Moron!

It’s your day Terrell. You finally have everyone’s undivided attention, peers and fans alike. It’s all about your accomplishments this time around and you won’t attend?

This is why you will always be a laughing stock!

Cowboys22

Reaction score
He will regret the decision. He could have used the opportunity to be humble and show mature growth which could have been a springboard to a career on TV talking about football. To me, this shows he hasn’t matured and still thinks none of his issues were his fault. It’s a shame. He could be doing what Irvin and Moss are doing now. Making money, hanging around current players, and still being a part of the game.

starfan1

Reaction score
This is precisely why he just got voted in. He should have been a 1st ballot lock. I think hell changer his mind because he is an attention seeker and anything to get your name in the news

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Moron!

It’s your day Terrell. You finally have everyone’s undivided attention, peers and fans alike. It’s all about your accomplishments this time around and you won’t attend?

This is why you will always be a laughing stock!

I think this is exactly why he is not going. It's not about HIM, it's about the class, the people are there not for HIM but for others as well. He would have share the spot light with others, both present and past HOF players. The whole night would not be all about TO. So he is going to do his own thing so it is all about HIM. This is why it took so long for him to get in. After all, "I love me some me" says it all.

montgod

Reaction score
He will regret the decision. He could have used the opportunity to be humble and show mature growth which could have been a springboard to a career on TV talking about football. To me, this shows he hasn’t matured and still thinks none of his issues were his fault. It’s a shame. He could be doing what Irvin and Moss are doing now. Making money, hanging around current players, and still being a part of the game.

Fully agree. He will never get 'it'. SMH...

calico

Reaction score
He’s probably looking for a pay day by having an induction party in Vegas or couldn’t find any one to induct him.

Last edited: