Terrell Owens won't attend Hall of Fame induction ceremony

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
I love it, and I love how many are salty about it.

This is my favorite part about all this.

All the salty couch potatoes who’ve never played a competitive sport in their life but feel they are in a position to provide constructive criticism to an individual that at worst is 3rd best in his position all time.

I also love reading posts with the misinformation. People to this day still think it was TO that thru McNabb under the bus during the super when it was in fact two of other Eagles receivers and the center that mentioned “he couldn’t even call a play.” Lito Sheppard came out and said McNabb threw up. Freddie Mitchell said he had to call the play for McRib because of how much he was fumbling his words etc.

Anyway, this was the best sports news I read all day and I hope this continues to make folks salty.

Johnny23

Reaction score
We'll see. Witten has more catches, more yards, more 1000 yard seasons, more Pro Bowls. Gates has more TD's (a lot more) and one more season as All-Pro. They could both go at the same time, but the Hall is tough on TE's. One other factor is the fact that Gates hasn't actually retired yet. The Chargers just lost their #1 TE to an ACL tear and have recently hinted at bringing Gates back for another season.
Witten doesn't get the respect of the other TEs. They both deserve it and you're right about Gates abd the Hall being tough on TEs. So we shall see but I don't see a first ballot.

Motown12

First words were not Mom or Dad but Flex Defense
Reaction score
I don't blame T.O. one bit:

#1 Regardless of his antics, he should have been a first ballot entry
#2. With all of the dissention his prima donna attitude caused, he probably felt that his presenter would fake it.
#3. No matter what he said in his speech he would face severe criticism and be memed to death.
#4. He will always have the satisfaction of being a bigger A-hole then the voters who held him out so long...He gets the last laugh
#5. Even if the Hall votes him out, he still wins.
#6. He sets a precedent, a true legend for real....nobody will ever forget this.

I bet they change their rules now about future inductees and their availability unless they are disabled or dead!!!!

Oh well, great player who nobody really understood, hate the way it ended but that is all....

I can't figure out if your post is meant to be sarcastic, you are T.O.'s publicist, are you are being serious?

"He gets the last laugh", "he still wins, " a true legend for real...nobody will ever forget this". I think his stats deserved a first ballot entry, just ask WR's like Cris Carter, Art Monk, The playmaker and dozens of other WR's how it felt when they didn't make it the first time eligible. Chuck Howley will never get in and that's not an oversight, that's a crime. T.O. was his own worst enemy but by the time he got to Dallas I do believe the media was trying to bait him at every turn because of his past. He has spent the last several years trying to convince everyone he was misunderstood. When they did "a football life" on him do you remember Steve Young being surprised when the producers are heard on camera telling him he was the only QB who played with them who was willing to be part of the documentary. Although I will always hate when he disrespected the star as a 49er he was very productive in his 3 years in Dallas. Any benefit of the doubt or goodwill is now gone forever. This is a bush league move and he will never live this down. He might get more pub or attention for a few months but this will stick with him forever. Yes his stats should speak for themselves, so do his actions.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Hi de hi hi de ho attending the hof ceremony wasn't meant for me

Last edited:

rags747

Reaction score
Hey, I guess if Marlon Brando can turn down the Oscar for Best Actor for his Godfather role than T.O. Is in great company. There is always a first, seems fitting actually.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Let's say Owens announces before the vote that he won't be attending the induction ceremony. The committee selected 5 modern-era players after it got down to 10 finalists. So if it weren't for Owens, one of these 5 almost certainly would have made it in.

Walls*
Jacoby*
Faneca
Mawae
Hutchinson

*was their last year of eligibility

How must Walls and Jacoby feel about this?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How very T.O. of him! Only HOF ceremony I care about will be in 5 years when Witten goes in. I will be going to Canton for that one.

Yeah, I never watch this time waster stuff anyway. Unless there is a Cowboys player or coach or owner such as when Jerry went it. Or if a player I really liked otherwise. And T.O. certainly is not one of those. Yes T.O. was a Cowboy but I still will not watch IF he decides to show up.
Maybe they should rescind their votes, unHOF him. :laugh:

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Him, Malcom Jacobs, Kaepernick etc....have to constantly seek attention. Unbelievable how someone can turn down an invite to the White & Hall Of Fame. That just goes to show us, the fans, what kind of cry babies & immature personalities these over paid athletes really have.

It's all about them & most of us just about had enough. I'll watch our Boys play, but that's it for myself & the NFL. Its bad enough we have to hear/see/read about these brats, but then you have Goodell always on the heels of our Boys to toss in that monkey wrench to stop any progress the Cowboys future may see.

College football has always been my gig anyway. Those kids play for the heart of the sport. Ok, I'm finished ranting.:muttley:

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
Him, Malcom Jacobs, Kaepernick etc....have to constantly seek attention. Unbelievable how someone can turn down an invite to the White & Hall Of Fame. That just goes to show us, the fans, what kind of cry babies & immature personalities these over paid athletes really have.

It's all about them & most of us just about had enough. I'll watch our Boys play, but that's it for myself & the NFL. Its bad enough we have to hear/see/read about these brats, but then you have Goodell always on the heels of our Boys to toss in that monkey wrench to stop any progress the Cowboys future may see.

College football has always been my gig anyway. Those kids play for the heart of the sport. Ok, I'm finished ranting.:muttley:

LOL at “Malcom Jacobs”. Mix between Malcom Jenkins and Brandon Jacobs I guess?

Anyway, good call by Owens IMO. The amount of salt seeping through the pores of many continue even today.

I only regret him declining as his speech would have been classic. Hopefully he gives a speech wherever he chooses to celebrate his induction.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Let's say Owens announces before the vote that he won't be attending the induction ceremony. The committee selected 5 modern-era players after it got down to 10 finalists. So if it weren't for Owens, one of these 5 almost certainly would have made it in.

Walls*
Jacoby*
Faneca
Mawae
Hutchinson

*was their last year of eligibility

How must Walls and Jacoby feel about this?
None of those deserved it over Owens so who cares. Owens deserved to be first ballot based on his on the field production.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
So stupid.

I'm sorry. This is just dumb.

I get that he's upset that they held him out for BS. Especially when his sideline antics and stuff were far more tame then that of the off the field crap that guys like LT did.

He absolutely deserved to be first ballot. He deserved to go in immediately.

But it didn't happen. That's over. That's done with. You can't change that.

But come on. This is just plain stupid of TO. All he's done is given those people a reason to sit and say "See? We told you." when it comes to him and his attitude.

TO is a headcase idiot.