Terrell Owens

CPonder14

Reaction score
I keep hearing people wanting to get TO the ball on slants and quick passes or what not. My question is why?

At this point in his career he is a below average WR in the short area of the field. He will do his most damage with 3 or 4 balls a game mid range to deep.

Lets look at phases of his game.

Hands- Below Average
Route Running- Below Average
YAC- Below Average
Speed- Above Average

Lets face it TO cant make guys miss anymore, he wont juke people out like he used to. Whens the last time you saw him take a slant or curl and go up field(once or twice)? All his run after catches have been mid range or deep where there is open field in front of him. You take into account his below average hands and you cant count on him in the short passing game.

TO is what he is a very good mid range to deep WR. When teams start taking that away you are forced to go elsewhere, because you cant count on Owens in the short stuff.

JMHO

Ender

Reaction score
CPonder14;2397252 said:
I keep hearing people wanting to get TO the ball on slants and quick passes or what not. My question is why?

At this point in his career he is a below average WR in the short area of the field. He will do his most damage with 3 or 4 balls a game mid range to deep.

Hands- Below Average
YAC- Below Average
Speed- Above Average

Lets face it TO cant make guys miss anymore, he wont juke people out like he used to. Whens the last time you saw him take a slant or curl and go up field(once or twice)? All his run after catches have been mid range or deep where there is open field in front of him. You take into account his below average hands and you cant count on him in the short passing game.

Please, stop crying TO is TO. Receivers just dont fall off like that. Your saying that he went from probably the second best receiver in the league to a below average receiver in a matter of weeks. Come on, be logical.

DEZBRYANT x88x

Caps8Cowboys41
Reaction score
CPonder14;2397252 said:

Hands- Below Average
YAC- Below Average
Speed- Above Average

TO is what he is a very good mid range to deep WR. When teams start taking that away you are forced to go elsewhere, because you cant count on Owens in the short stuff.

JMHO

the past few weeks who has gave them oppurtunity.....brad f'ing johnson??

CPonder14

Reaction score
I knew people would disagree with me, but I think I know a good bit about football and with my own eyes thats what I see. I'm sure there are others who agree with me, he just isnt a good short area WR anymore.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
he likely would have scored on the slant in the 1st quarter that Johnson threw into Webster's hands. He had a step on Webster but the ball was over thrown

CPonder14

Reaction score
romoakatruebeast;2397265 said:
the past few weeks who has gave them oppurtunity.....brad f'ing johnson??

I'm not just talking about the past 2 weeks, I'm talking about ever since he got here.

DEZBRYANT x88x

Caps8Cowboys41
Reaction score
hes gotten alot of people..ummm ok...not off the top of head...but i knows there were a couple..lol

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
CPonder14;2397252 said:
At this point in his career he is a below average WR

CPonder14;2397269 said:
I think I know a good bit about football

CPonder14;2397273 said:
I'm not just talking about the past 2 weeks, I'm talking about ever since he got here.

:bang2:

Give me a break ..... the guy had his best year last year.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2397271 said:
he likely would have scored on the slant in the 1st quarter that Johnson threw into Webster's hands. He had a step on Webster but the ball was over thrown

I am in disagreement with the original poster but this is wrong too. The ball was thrown too far ahead of TO, where Webster was. TO didn't have a step, if anything, Webster did. It was a terrible throw though either way.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
CPonder14;2397252 said:

Hands- Below Average
YAC- Below Average
Speed- Above Average

JMHO

Your opinion wreaks agenda... but is was funny.

FACT IS: When TO gets the ball in space or has a step or two on defender he is gone or atleast making something happen.

CPonder14

Reaction score
zrinkill;2397281 said:
:bang2:

Give me a break ..... the guy had his best year last year.

because teams didn't take away the mid to deep aspect of Owens game. Defenses now realize he is NOT effective in the short passing game so they take away the deep stuff.

Reaction score
CPonder14;2397252 said:

Hands- Below Average
YAC- Below Average
Speed- Above Average

JMHO

I love Owens and glad he is here!

texbumthelife

Reaction score
CPonder14;2397296 said:
because teams didn't take away the mid to deep aspect of Owens game. Defenses now realize he is NOT effective in the short passing game so they take away the deep stuff.

If you are just going to keep qualifying every statement you make, then replying to you is pointless.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
texbumthelife;2397293 said:
I am in disagreement with the original poster but this is wrong too. The ball was thrown too far ahead of TO, where Webster was. TO didn't have a step, if anything, Webster did. It was a terrible throw though either way.

you are right but if it were thrown correctly, Owens is cutting to the inside AWAY from Webster.

CPonder14

Reaction score
Ill ask a series of questions....

Does Owens have good to great hands?
Does Owens run good to very good routes?
Does Owens have the ability to make people miss and get YAC with defenders in front of him?

If its a no to all 3 which I assume it will be for the majority of posters, then what is off base with my opinion?