Terrible game, upset, but still hopeful

SquiggDoggs

Reaction score
Blame Romo, special teams, defense, offense, penalties...this was just a bad game all the way around...this is getting old but to play that badly and still be in it at the end is whats keeping me hopeful...this team will put it all together sooner than later in my opinion...its way to early to panic and consider the season done...although problems do need to be addressed so the team plays more proficiently...cowboys will be fine im just upset at the moment....thats just how sports go sometimes.

sacase

Reaction score
Well I hope they pick up their play. Maybe they are starting off poorly so they can play good at the end......or maybe that is just wishful thinking.

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
Well...this IS usually how we look after a stellar Thanksgiving game. Maybe we start early this year and figure out how to get out of our late season doldrums.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Fans around here think we're gonna win every damn game and we are not. Our GREAT SB teams with the triplets lost ball games, it's part of the season.. This is a very good team and will be just fine. Folks trip out every time we lose. It's really ridiculous!!!

Undisputed

Reaction score
I think we will be fine as well. Seems like the last few superbowl winners looked far worse than we have at some point in the season. Fans called for Eli's head. They gave up on the Colts after getting gashed for 34784438 rushing yards. They've pronounced the Steelers as dead and buried.

Meanwhile, there is always that team with the pretty 13-3, 14-2, or 16-0 record that gets punched in the mouth when it counts.

Hopefully we are ready to do some punching in January.

yentl911

Reaction score
I don't share any enthusiasm as long as this team plays poor special teams, does not take care of the football and commits costly penalties.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Undisputed;2330924 said:
I think we will be fine as well. Seems like the last few superbowl winners looked far worse than we have at some point in the season. Fans called for Eli's head. They gave up on the Colts after getting gashed for 34784438 rushing yards. They've pronounced the Steelers as dead and buried.

Meanwhile, there is always that team with the pretty 13-3, 14-2, or 16-0 record that gets punched in the mouth when it counts.

Hopefully we are ready to do some punching in January.

Exactly!!! It's the journey that builds character. We pounced folks last year and lost focus down the stretch, this year we have to earn it and I like that. We're not gonna look great and win every game, but we will be fine. this is a very good team..

Undisputed

Reaction score
It's funny, while the memory of december collapses probably has me getting less excited every time we pick up a win this year, they pretty much have me less "down" when we lose as well. I know that a lot of what we do now will mean absolutely nothing if we finish strong. As the OP suggested, I don't recall the 90s teams always looking like gold.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Kinda Karmanic that Morrey blocked the punt and Beisel scored the TD.

Damn ex cheaters

Martice

Reaction score
Mansta54;2331006 said:
Exactly!!! It's the journey that builds character. We pounced folks last year and lost focus down the stretch, this year we have to earn it and I like that. We're not gonna look great and win every game, but we will be fine. this is a very good team..

You know something Mansta. I too feel like the glass is half full after this game. Fans tend to put so much into our team that any sight of blood appears to be life threatening to them.

I look at this game and realize that our 'O' line didn't have it's best game. Give Romo a little more time and we are in good shape.

Last year was smooth sailing for the most part and once adversity hit, we crumbled. Now we will grow from this rough start and pull it together.

At least that's what I think.