Terry Beckner Jr DT Missouri

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Dallas apparently met with him sunday night.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/sec/university-of-missouri/article227039624.html
Tigers defensive tackle Terry Beckner Jr. said he met with a number of teams in Indy, including the Eagles, Giants, Seahawks and Lions informally, along with formal meetings Sunday night with the Dolphins, Vikings and Cowboys.

Beckner Jr. had 28 reps on the bench press Saturday after aiming for 30. He ran the 40-yard dash on Sunday hoping to come in under five seconds, but clocked a 5.19.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
meh-white.jpg

cowboyec

Reaction score
I like him....but I don't like-like....other DTs ahead of him in my opinion.
He'd be a good plan-B option if the guys ahead get taken.
But I will say there are a bunch of Mizzou Tiger DL over the years in this league...whatever they feed'm and teach'm is workin'.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I like him....but I don't like-like....other DTs ahead of him in my opinion.
He'd be a good plan-B option if the guys ahead get taken.
But I will say there are a bunch of Mizzou Tiger DL over the years in this league...whatever they feed'm and teach'm is workin'.

LOoks like dallas is going to go offense early in the draft. This looks like a guy dallas would go after later in the draft. He's strong, very good vs the run and gives you good pressure and passrush from the DT

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I wish dallas would build a DL where its not reliant on one 15sack guy and have a big drop off. But rather a whole lot of guys with 5-8 sacks.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
LOoks like dallas is going to go offense early in the draft. This looks like a guy dallas would go after later in the draft. He's strong, very good vs the run and gives you good pressure and passrush from the DT

I would be surprised if they did but I've scratched my head with this team for a long time. Stephen has said the Pass Rusher is their top priority. Now, hard to know if he's telling the truth or not but I suspect that he was. I mean, the team probably suspected that Irving and Gregory were big risks and he had to know that Lawrence could be a problem with the whole contract thing. I would not be surprised if that is their top priority if the draft falls in such a way as to grab one. I definitely don't want to reach for a guy so hopefully, we are smarter then that.

cowboyec

Reaction score
26 games played.
10.5 sacks.
22 tackles for loss.

I wouldn't hate seeing this guy in a Star.
like I said...Mizzou seems to be turning out solid DL over the years.

Beaker42

Reaction score
What makes you say we’re going offense early?

Plankton

Reaction score
The guy was in a horrendous car accident after his freshman season, and in some ways, it's a miracle he's even playing football again. That being said, for a guy who was a highly touted recruit out of high school, his play didn't match up with his rankings. As a later round pick, I'd be OK with a flyer, but I agree with Chris - I would hope for better.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
We're going to meet with a lot of players. Some will be guys we won't have a chance of drafting. Some will be meh. Some will go undrafted.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Getting a DT to stop the run and rush the passer will allow the LB corp to play more freely and help improve coverage and blitz. Dallas should follow Panthers's philosophy in building the defense.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

Me too...He's got a great first step....then completely stalls. Will spin and twist...and get nowhere. It's kind of funny watching this guy...he does all these moves ...and he's still in the same place that he started.:laugh: