Twitter: Terry Bradshaw: Dez worth 3-4 million

Rayman70

Reaction score
These guys are in total denial of how bad Dez actually is.
Hes not bad...its that he is now a possession WR. Problem is Dez has to come to terms with that fact...as well as the team.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I'm sorry but that's just not accurate. If Dez was worth $20 million per year he would be tradeable and he would already be long gone.

What does a trade have to do with this? Watkins was a FA so he turned 39 receptions into $16 million per year. If Dez was a FA, there would be a market for him that would be higher than the one for Watkins because he has produced better numbers throughout his career. Trades are a whole different animal.

Radiashun

Reaction score
What does a trade have to do with this? Watkins was a FA so he turned 39 receptions into $16 million per year. If Dez was a FA, there would be a market for him that would be higher than the one for Watkins because he has produced better numbers throughout his career. Trades are a whole different animal.
Watkins salary is based on perceived potential. Dez would not get that because I'm sure teams (including the Cowboys) think he has already peaked.

Rayman70

Reaction score
This draft is really deeper than we think. I think a receiver can be had in every round with starting potential.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Watkins salary is based on perceived potential. Dez would not get that because I'm sure teams (including the Cowboys) think he has already peaked.

That's possible. A deal for him could be closer to what Jordy Nelson got (2 years, $15 million with $13 million guaranteed). I think it would be higher than that because Bryant had a better season than Nelson and is three years younger (although Nelson was better the previous year).

It's hard to judge exactly what it would be, but Bradshaw's just saying $3 to $4 million for the sound bite. I still think based on his age and decent numbers, some team would throw a fat, three- to four-year deal at him. He's so much more proven then these players getting big money.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Let me stop you there. Terry almost single handedly brought them back against the Rams in the 1979 SB. He was money. Terry may be a lot of things..but his on the field play was clutch.

I see I can’t recount any games from that decade as I wasn’t even born yet. But looking at statistics compared to the era he played in. He sucked but hey he was the right guy in, In the right place

Radiashun

Reaction score
That's possible. A deal for him could be closer to what Jordy Nelson got (2 years, $15 million with $13 million guaranteed). I think it would be higher than that because Bryant had a better season than Nelson and is three years younger (although Nelson was better the previous year).

It's hard to judge exactly what it would be, but Bradshaw's just saying $3 to $4 million for the sound bite. I still think based on his age and decent numbers, some team would throw a fat, three- to four-year deal at him. He's so much more proven then these players getting big money.

I think Nelson is a good comparison, people think he's sliding too. Dez to me seems like he needs a "prove it" year somewhere before he ever gets a big multi year contract again. His numbers have dropped and he's always been considered a head case. He would be the typical Patriot reclamation project if he still has it and they'd put up with him.
As far as a sound bite, I really don't think that's Bradshaw. Someone asked a question and he gave an honest opinion. Like someone said in another post, he's a bumpkin who happened to also be a successful NFL quarterback.

jay94

Reaction score
Watkins has ridiculously high upside, his main problem is that he can't stay on the field.

Verdict

Reaction score

I Think bradshaw is just being honest. It hurts but it's true.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I might put some stock in what Bradshaw had to say if I thought he actually watched game film.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
In all honesty I think Dez is a worth somewhere around 7-9mil per year and I would be willing to put 3-4mil in incentives in it. That Watkins deal is stupid and the Chiefs will regret it. I haven’t looked at the Watkins deal really close how much of that real money or can KC easily get out of it. Watkins getting 16 tells AB, Julio, OBJ, and a few others that they are worth 20 or more and no WR is worth that. Watkins had similar numbers to Paul Richardson and I think Richardson got like 8 so Watkins should of never gone north of 10. In today’s world I think I would draft WRs pretty regularly so I never had to give one a second contact.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I see I can’t recount any games from that decade as I wasn’t even born yet. But looking at statistics compared to the era he played in. He sucked but hey he was the right guy in, In the right place
I’m not one to stick up for Terry Bradshaw, but he did not suck. He may not have been able to spell cat if you spotted him the c and the a, but in the playoffs and especially the Super Bowls he was excellent. We would have been the team of the decade in the 70’s if it wasn’t for Bradshaw. Regarding His comment on Dez, he’s not to far off.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Dez is probably worth $10-$12 million a year if your are being honest................No, he is not worth the $17 he is being paid currently.

The team obviously doesn't think Dez is worth that much either or they would have never waived $15 a year in front of Watkins.

I would imagine WR at 19 is looking more and more like a real possibility.