Twitter: Terry Bradshaw: Dez worth 3-4 million

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Feel free to discuss, just posted to entertain and promote conversation

Title is wrong. Bradshaw said 4-5, and mainly talked 5.

He later mentioned the Cowboys keeping him for 8, which was about what I was thinking.

With the WR market going crazy, I wonder if Dez can get back up in the teens.

But I still wouldn't pay him in the teens no matter how crazy the market is. We won 3/3 games with Butler starting in 2016. If other teams want to shoot their wad on WR, let them. I don't think we should.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I think he summed it up best when he said "I don't have a clue".

Bradshaw never was the sharpest knife in the drawer... but he is funny sometimes.
Check out his old guest appearances on late night talk shows.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I see I can’t recount any games from that decade as I wasn’t even born yet. But looking at statistics compared to the era he played in. He sucked but hey he was the right guy in, In the right place
WRONG

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Yeah, ole Terry never wad too bright!
Him& his 'crew' seemed to have lifted the license plate off of our wagon at the big round up,,,er,,,a couple of timeso_O

I'd have to lend a great deal of prideful bull headed ignorance out along the periphery ,to NOT Render what that Man is laying down as a qualifier!
(
Like it or lump it, BRADSHAW is double SB ring wearing BONA FIDE ,, in casting his astute & learnered observations,AT our expense,,,BOYS! :confused:)

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I wish some one would post something negative in the forums all of this positive stuff is getting old

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
If you are going solely off of his numbers since he signed his new contract, then Bradshaw is probably on to something. Maybe Dez is better on another team with a different QB, but Dez has not been Dez on a full time basis in three years now and a catch percentage of just over 50% the last two years is bad. There is a reason Dallas tried to sign Sammy Watkins and Allen Robinson. That first pick will go to a WR if the right one is there.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I see I can’t recount any games from that decade as I wasn’t even born yet. But looking at statistics compared to the era he played in. He sucked but hey he was the right guy in, In the right place

He played in a very different era. QB stats in the 70s, completion pct was low and ints were high due to receivers getting mugged from snap to whistle... and often beyond. Bradshaw was a 1st overall draft pick. He was a very good QB. Here are his accolades:

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score

It took Bradshaw a little time to hit his stride, so his stats probably don't tell the full story. His first four years were pretty brutal. Plus, it was a very, very different era. Hitting 60% of your passes or going over 3000 yards was considered eye-popping back then due to the lack of protection for QBs and the complete lack of rules around grabbing and targeting Wide Receivers. But, his long ball was the best in the league, he actually called the plays on the field and was probably the toughest QB I ever saw play the game. He was actually carried out on a stretcher in a game against the Raiders and came back in that same game. He was very much like the Troy Aikman of his era where his stats probably didn't tell the whole story of how good he actually was.

Rayman70

Reaction score
It took Bradshaw a little time to hit his stride, so his stats probably don't tell the full story. His first four years were pretty brutal. Plus, it was a very, very different era. Hitting 60% of your passes or going over 3000 yards was considered eye-popping back then due to the lack of protection for QBs and the complete lack of rules around grabbing and targeting Wide Receivers. But, his long ball was the best in the league, he actually called the plays on the field and was probably the toughest QB I ever saw play the game. He was actually carried out on a stretcher in a game against the Raiders and came back in that same game. He was very much like the Troy Aikman of his era where his stats probably didn't tell the whole story of how good he actually was.
well said and accurate. He was Aikman before Aikman.

Rayman70

Reaction score
People forget he played in 1982 and on a tore up throwing shoulder...and his stats were STILL good. He retire that year,but he was good for a long time. This notion that he was just along for the SB rides is total CRAP.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Terry..SHUT UP. Do color commentary Sunday mornings and just shut up. Your fodder..thats it. Yes Dez isn't what he used to be,but your not a capologist. Your barely even Adult IQ level.

This is same gy that said he doesn't do research before the pregame show.