Test scores for Hill vs. Donald vs. Q Williams

waldoputty

Reaction score
I really like a Tank Hill Collins Quinn line. Crawford Woods Taco Armstrong reserve.

Not bad.

that is what i would think.
play hill at the 1 to draw the double team.
with all that momentum, he might make it through the double recently often.

in fact, of all the players in the table, he is the most explosive.
1/2 mv^2 - cannot defy physics.
cannot decide whether he should play at 295 or stay at 310-320.

the amazing thing is he is probably not the most coached up player.
at 295, his cone score could improve substantially and his explosiveness even better...

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
i have been in china and cannot access youtube.
cz was also blocked there but not the other cowboys site, and only able to get on cz when i am in hong kong/macau, which do not have internet blockage.
flying back today and will do some binge watching when i get back.

i have to think he would be best used as the 1.
he would be so close to the qb.
and would require less agility.

Marinelli does not require a lot of change of direction from his interior OL. They are supposed to shoot gaps and use their hands to keep away blocks.

Think McClain from a few years ago. Get on the shoulder with your hands inside rip, bull, swim, whatever.

I look at agility as a combination of short area quickness ie how acceleration and change of direction ie how quickly you can reposition your body in a new direction. Hill is agile.

The kid likes Marinelli and needs work with his feet and hands. Marinelli is one of the best around in teaching those fundamentals.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

at 295, his cone score could improve substantially and his explosiveness even better...

If they start doubling then you stunt and blitz the a gaps. LVE and Jaylon are both plus blitzers. Hill attracting two players is going to give big lanes for a stunting DLaw inside.

Against the run those doubles keep LVE and Jaylon clean to fill gaps and rally to the ball. So often RG were able to easily get to the second level.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised when you see this guy come off the ball. Have a safe trip, man.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

You need to just get to an uncensored part of the world and watch him. Keep in mind that he played at 320 and ly lost 12 pounds for the combine. He is very explosive at that weight, carries it easily and does not look fat.

dallasdave

Reaction score
note that hill weighs 310-330lb whereas donald weighs 280lb
for 3t, the explosion scores for hill (jump scores) are pretty close and better than q williams
donald and williams both have better 40 score than hill, and donald cone score is much better also.
though that is top end speed for the 40.
the shuttle score for hill is the same as donald, which is shocking as donald weighs 40lbs less.

hills is an absolute sparq freak and reminiscent of lve
the potential is there so can they extract it?

------------------Player------------Hill------------A Donald ---------Q Williams
ARMS -----------------------------33 3/8”---------- 32 5/8"----------33 1/4"
HANDS ---------------------------10 1/4”-----------9 7/8"-------------9 5/8"
40 Yard Dash --------------------5.04 -------------4.68---------------4.83 SECONDS
Bench Press ---------------------28 --------------- 35------------------------REPS
Vertical Jump --------------------35.0 ------------- 32-----------------30.5 INCHES
Broad Jump ----------------------115.0 ----------116 ---------------112.0 INCHES
3 Cone Drill ------------------------7.7 ------------7.11------------------------ SECONDS
20 Yd Shuttle ---------------------4.38 -----------4.39------------------------ SECONDS
Great post Putty:bow::bow::bow:This guy could be the diamond of the draft.

dallasdave

Reaction score
his physical talent level ranks up there.
we got him in the late 2nd.
if he is in the a quadrant in the chart, he would be going in the top 5.
he is more physically ideal for the 3tech we play than q williams who went #3
the key is if the issues in college go away.
note that it was not pot, dv - so no suspensions
it was arguing with a new set of coaches.
Great point, he was more like a 3rd round choice.

dallasdave

Reaction score
here is his chart from btb

dt_2019.jpg
Hey we got Wise also, That was WISE to sign Wise.

waldoputty

Reaction score
If they start doubling then you stunt and blitz the a gaps. LVE and Jaylon are both plus blitzers. Hill attracting two players is going to give big lanes for a stunting DLaw inside.

Against the run those doubles keep LVE and Jaylon clean to fill gaps and rally to the ball. So often RG were able to easily get to the second level.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised when you see this guy come off the ball. Have a safe trip, man.

yes thanks

i am looking forward to the tape.

i could use vpn inside china, but it is technical illegal so i abstained from little risks...

waldoputty

Reaction score
You need to just get to an uncensored part of the world and watch him. Keep in mind that he played at 320 and ly lost 12 pounds for the combine. He is very explosive at that weight, carries it easily and does not look fat.

what is interesting to me is that hill has a very high floor

i dont expect him to pull a gregory or an irving.

he already has the weight and power to be a penetrating dt and that alone could make a difference for our dl.

he could use some weight room, but that is a likely improvement.

not sure about his agility (cone score) but at 308 lb in the combine he was very explosive.

wonder what he would be like playing at 300lb.

lets hope he can stay healthy unlike collins' foot

dallasdave

Reaction score
dd, i mean he compares well with the #3 pick of the draft q williams.

in some ways, he is better fit for the penetrating dt than the 3rd player picked
Now that is value if he is even close to being as good as the 3rd pick in the draft. As you pointed out he was at the end of the 2nd round. A player who is almost a 3rd round pick could be as good as the 3rd pick is the total draft.

That would be TOTALLY AWESOME!!!:yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock:

waldoputty

Reaction score
Now that is value if he is even close to being as good as the 3rd pick in the draft. As you pointed out he was at the end of the 2nd round. A player who is almost a 3rd round pick could be as good as the 3rd pick is the total draft.

That would be TOTALLY AWESOME!!!:yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock:

right, i think his floor is high, as stated earlier.

dallasdave

Reaction score
his physical talent level ranks up there.
we got him in the late 2nd.
if he is in the a quadrant in the chart, he would be going in the top 5.
he is more physically ideal for the 3tech we play than q williams who went #3
the key is if the issues in college go away.
note that it was not pot, dv - so no suspensions
it was arguing with a new set of coaches.
Jimmy would not care what he did in college, as long as he could be productive for Jimmy in the here and now.

waldoputty

Reaction score

his reps is a little low so could use some work there.
he could probably use some coaching...

waldoputty

Reaction score
Marinelli does not require a lot of change of direction from his interior OL. They are supposed to shoot gaps and use their hands to keep away blocks.

Think McClain from a few years ago. Get on the shoulder with your hands inside rip, bull, swim, whatever.

I look at agility as a combination of short area quickness ie how acceleration and change of direction ie how quickly you can reposition your body in a new direction. Hill is agile.

The kid likes Marinelli and needs work with his feet and hands. Marinelli is one of the best around in teaching those fundamentals.

so my question is how a player like hill could help us avoid the disaster in los angeles