Texans Interested in McClay?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Half of this board would be all this if he left:

R4K0d_s-200x150.gif

robjay04

Reaction score
We hear this every year until Jerry opens his check book and pays McClay a little more.

Has the guy even went to an interview before?

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
We hear this every year until Jerry opens his check book and pays McClay a little more.

Has the guy even went to an interview before?
Better yet, Jerry could drop his "GM" title and have McClay take over for real and not just a title change....but we know that will never happen as long as Jerry is in the upright position.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe McClay can go to Houston and we take the Eagles' guy.
Look what he has done in a few years after the debacle Chip put them in. I mean, look what he got for Foles and Bradford.
Look at their talent on D.

But of course a team needs coaches to coach them.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
McClay is so desired because Dallas has drafted well and unlike goofball fans who think Jerry drafts, other teams know it is actually McClay.

Jerry gets to go to press conferences all excited about drafting player X,Y,Z where he cant even pronounce the kids names right. LOL.
If McClay was really being overrun he'd have left by now.
He gets his board.
Dallas sticks to it unless the Coaches wanna pass on a guy like Rod has done with Sharif Floyd and others. --BTW When the butthurt emo self-proclaimed GM geniuses want to throw Rod under the bus because the team went with the much larger Taco Charlton over TJ Watt don't let them off the hook for the same crying when Floyd was passed over and Dallas added draft picks plus All Pro center Travis Frederick instead.

lk8701

Reaction score
Maybe McClay can go to Houston and we take the Eagles' guy.
Look what he has done in a few years after the debacle Chip put them in. I mean, look what he got for Foles and Bradford.
Look at their talent on D.

But of course a team needs coaches to coach them.

He also managed to trade up in front of the Cowboys and steal Wentz.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I hope McClay leaves, he deserves better. SMH
Disagree.
Dallas got McClay started in this business and he is the one guy who has essentially become a part of the family.
He's broken through the glass ceiling and is actually the GM.
This is a guy who was at one time a coach of the Arena League team and now he is setting the board for the Dallas Cowboys.
He doesnt have the title but....
The Cowboys’ structure, however, gives McClay a level of autonomy others in his role don’t typically have across the league. He sets up the draft board. He can set up his scouting staff. He has a large say in free agency during the offseason as well as in-season.

I'd kill to be in his shoes.

And we all know that as soon as Jerry passes, McClay will be named GM and Stephen will be Team President/CEO.

I just hope McClay doesn't get tired of waiting for the actual title but he's got kids here and a fat paycheck that should continue to grow.
He's been as good as any GM anywhere.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
He also managed to trade up in front of the Cowboys and steal Wentz.
Dallas picked 5th and were never getting Wentz.
Philly jumped all the way to 2 for a reason and paid a crazy price for it.
If his ACL is serious they may be set back for years because they lost a lot of picks and just blew cap cash on old dudes.

I don't like the Philly roster mgmt at all.

lukin2006

Reaction score
If I'm Houston I'm taking the Philly guy...Philadelphia is so much better than us at this point, we lose a player here or there to injury/suspension this team falls apart. Dallas hasn't drafted as well as we think...we have very little depth at key position.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If his ACL is serious they may be set back for years because they lost a lot of picks and just blew cap cash on old dudes.

Sure because they passed the Cowboys like they were standing still.

Many "don't like" admitting that.

Sydla

Reaction score

They didn't pay as much as you think because their GM was able to grab other picks elsewhere, including getting a #1 back for Bradford.

What cap space did they blow on old dudes?

They took a team that was in the dumps both in terms of talent (trading away guys like McCoy) and cap space (overpaying for guys like Murray) under Chip Kelly and within two seasons, they had the #1 seed in the NFC.

We are in Year 7 and apparently based on your long dissertation yesterday, we are really getting close to a SB ready roster. Only took almost three times the time it took Philly.

LOL.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, please. Not McClay. All our great talent will be picked apart without his peerless talent evaluations.

I know...it is terrible that at least one person in the FO would get any kind of praise from fans who have nothing left but hope.

Lordy be...we can't have the hope so we got to belittle everything and try to block out any ray of sunshine that might be some form of hope on a fan forum.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score

We actually picked 4th ;)